What's after post-modernism?

Is there another philosophical paradigm after Nietzsche? All the big names (Foucault, Derrida, Baudrillard, etc.) are really nothing more than applications of Nietzsche's thought. I really he ended philosophy.

Attached: ideology.jpg (828x507, 349K)

I'm not sure, let's go back to idealism while we wait for post-post-modernism

as raeus has said, our epoch is metamodern, which is to say, we are already at the end of the modern age; we are on the outside (immersive spectacle) looking in at ourselves through our monitors

Reverse symbolism

This is the end user

The reaction to post modernism is setting in, the pendulum is swinging back...

Attached: grandkids brown.jpg (750x699, 148K)

Post modernism ended in the '90s. We are at the tail end of the meta-modern/new sincerity movement

yeah it's called metamodernism. There was an album about it I found on mu but I don't remember who made it or what it was called. It had Shia Labeouf on it

Nick Land ended philosophy

Attached: D7mEhB7W4AEnoC-.jpg large.jpg (580x773, 81K)

outside in
based Landposter

That is quite an image you have there

there is probably no intellectual end to postmodernism, as they've defined it in a way that it can't really be dethroned. it has no real form to 'attack.' the cultural end to postmodernism seems to have already happened though.

Neo-modernism. Science fiction come true/ AI is the second coming of modernism, the industrialization of the mind over the body. Once major institutional decisions are based on or strongly influenced AI feedback and recommendations, we will have entered a unique stage in history where the human mind is of secondary importance for the determination of outcomes. It could be very possible that the true answers may reside in surrendering the illusion of human authority to processing power that greatly exceeds fleshy capabilities.

If it's possible to receive "hints" about how we should behave and what decisions we should (or could) make that transcend our own understanding it could lead things in completely new directions.

Maybe humanity will expand into a galactic empire like you see in some science fiction. Stranger things from science fiction have come true. It makes sense that we might one day attempt to leave the earth. After all, it's been pretty much discovered that giant earth-like planets are out there.

Imaging all the things there would be to do on such a planet, all the conquering, plotting, feuding and expansion. Room for new religions, creeds, possibilities, nation states.

If it's true that the earth's carrying capacity fails there may be no other option besides civilization collapse. Eventually it's going to be too many people not enough planet. We're getting bored of the earth. That's really what's happening.

>Derrida
>nothing more than applications of Nietzsche

LMAO

>Is there anything left to skim through

Please, just leave this board

indeed, it is one of my favorite images of neo china

Attached: D8t6AUFW4AA02Ae.jpg large.jpg (1279x712, 119K)

>whats after post-modernism
Retrograde-idealism

Pure boomer. Plebs shouldn't into Empire

I'm not saying that the work of all philosophers after Nietzsche is nothing but a pure extension of his writings. Rather, it all exists within a Nietzschean paradigm.

I'm asking whether there will be another Nietzsche after Nietzsche, I guess.

Incorrect, Nietzsche exists within a Derridean paradigm.

>we will have entered a unique stage in history where the human mind is of secondary importance for the determination of outcomes

That's actually post-modernism

Modernism is an ongoing project, just because post-modernism happened does not mean that modernism is no longer happening.

Annihilation.

it's called the new sincerity and it's already dead. get with the program, read Infinite Jest

Meta-modernism

There won't be, as says. Every other poster is talking about art, which is a totally different "post-modernism" to what you are speaking of.

This is also correct. Derrida is "just" a derivative of Nietzsche because he comes after and bears his mark.

Post-modernism is widely used by progressive ideals and politics, attacking a notion such as ''all genders are equal'' is very easy. You would be stupid to tell someone without boobs to breastfeed a child.

My answer to what's next; Neo-Naturalism.

Attached: 1552522376837.png (182x277, 3K)

after this it probably swings back to collective thought and objectivity

I do always appreciate these posts, with just a book cover and no text, that one can reliably find at least one of in these kinds of threads. Just wanted to say that for once.

IN THE AFTERMATH OF POSTMODERNISM, TWO MUTUALLY DIVERGENT, YET, PARALLEL, WAYS EXTEND INTO THE FUTURE: HYPERMODERNISM, AND METAMODERNISM —A CRISIS, WHICH, ULTIMATELY, IS THE CONTEMPORARY SOCIOCULTURAL MANIFESTATION OF A CONFLICT THAT IS AS OLD AS KOSMOS: MATERIALISM CONTRA SPIRITUALISM; EVIL CONTRA GOOD; IGNOBILITY CONTRA NOBILITY; VILLAINY CONTRA HEROISM, FATALISM CONTRA OPTIMISM, IN RESPECTIVE CORRESPONDENCE WITH HYPERMODERNISM, AND WITH METAMODERNISM.

Attached: R · D · E · E.png (1125x1500, 2.69M)

Ken Wilber's integral theory is the next stage. If you can't see that then sorry, you just haven't yet reached that stage.

Simplicism.

Strauss

wildly incorrect.

I believe this is correct. Neo Naturalism. Or as I like to refer to it: Dark Modernism.

We all get stupider and become increasingly subjugated but we stop being so scared as a result because we can no longer ask scary questions

This, but only the AI part- and none of the popsci spacefaring romanticism.

Why do you always post in all caps?

Neo naturalism is an objectively better term

WHO DO I READ?

Nothing, yet, in my honest imho, I doubt we'll ever get out of it either.

Postmodernism is the most reasonable "conclusion" we can make with what knowledge we've gathered, which is stupid to say, considering how unreasonable it is. The conclusion is more like an acceptance of defeat in the face of the fact that everything relies on faith, even "reason". I also don't buy that postmodernism has ended or even changed at all. Metamodernism is just recursive postmodernism. Nothing new is going to come out of it except maybe an acceptance that we can not understand the workings of the natural world without having the full corpus of the knowledge of the governings and happenings of the universe at our fingertips, a corpus which may as well be infinite for how large it is. Technology will never be able to create a full simulation of our universe either, for obvious reasons of limitation, the simplest being that there's simply not enough matter in the universe to emulate it. I don't believe there's a way out of postmodernism, but not being able to understand is somewhat of a blessing. This way absurdity overrides nihilism. We are simply in a loop, which we are not going to escape without literal divine intervention.

Finally, I also don't buy the idea that "new sincerity" has or ever will set in, or even that irony, sarcasm and self-referentialism are unique elements of a pomo epoch. They're constants throughout history and new sincerity has a weak, near non-existent base for humour compared to irony, which is absolutely necessary for a new "zeitgeist" or whatever you want to call the general spirit of human thought you want to cultivate for a new epoch.

Nothing hopefully

>which we are not going to escape without literal divine intervention.

....so we might nearing the apocalypse?