Your city

>your city
>the best bookstore there

Attached: 2D9337B2-FF01-486A-816F-B2D6F6244AEF.jpg (546x546, 46K)

Toronto
Seekers

LA
amazon.com

New York City
McNally Jackson (Williamsburg. SoHo has a cafe, which is nice, but it's always crowded. Despite also being in a heavily gentrified area, the Brooklyn location is relatively empty and sports a reading table)
The Strand
Book Culture

San Antonio
The one in the public library

Shithole in the south of Brazil
There's no fucking bookstore

Aw come on, La's got some reasonable bookstores. Albeit LBS is a bit instagram whorey, but their selection is half-decent, plus you can snag some cheap copies of less main stream authors if you know where to look.

twice sold tales

they have cats

Calgary
Shelf life

Chicago
The library. I don't know how well they function in other cities but they are fucking flawless here. If your local library doesn't have a book then you ca just file a request online and they'll have it shipped over from a larger one within the week. If none of the libraries have the book then you can submit a request and they will actually buy the book for you and put it into the system. Perfection.

Spokane
2nd Look Books

didn't know all you faggots live in literal shitholes

Northampton, UK
Waterstones

It's a big chain book store but Northampton is low iq grug central so it's this massive store that's got maybe 5 or 6 customers in it at any one time. On the upper floor they have couches and chairs near the window overlooking the high street with hundreds of people walking about all day. The people who do go in the store are always quiet too, it's quieter than any fucking library I've been to.

>New York
>Sybylo

Newcastle,UK
I'm also stuck with a Waterstones nothing wrong with that just wish there was more variety.

Vancouver British Columbia
Honestly I wouldn't know, I'm there must be some hidden gem somewhere I'm unaware of. As it is there's a small bookstore owned by an old white dude on Main St. that I frequent. It has tons of lightly used classics for cheap-ish. It's near some bars I go to and it's open relatively late so pretty convenient.

Attached: 1280px-Stadtgliederung_Vancouver_2008.png (1280x1104, 418K)

Nice try, CIA

Montevideo, Uruguay
Librería Diomedes

We have Blackwells, that's decent

for used books I'd add East Village Books
I'd go with any of the 50 Half-Price Books

Not Auntie’s?

Seattle
Third Place Books

Mexico City
In English? Under the volcano books

Pittsburgh
Half Price Books dumpster

St. Louis, MO
Half Price Books (Chesterfield location is best)

SLC
Sanders

Anyone got any good recommendations for Arlington, VA? Maybe DC, too.

I live in Mendocino County California. There is a really good used bookstore in Ukiah that doesn't seem to have an apparent name. The guy who works there is knowledgeable, interested, and helpful.

Here it is, with Yea Forums's favorite in focus.

Attached: 2019-03-18.jpg (4096x3072, 2.68M)

I live in San Diego, which has basically nothing, so instead I'll answer for the city I was born in

Nashville
McKay's

Carlsbad has a neat one.

I don't live there, but the best one near me is Uncle Edgar's and Uncle Hugo's

Anyone in Chicago met Hodge the cat at a used book store on Michigan avenue?

Thanks for hacking our election and spreading nazism in the west, faggot.

New York
Westsider Books

Calgary
Probably Amazon, honestly.

Dallas

We're the home of Half-Priced Books, so their flagship is here. It's a massive store with a fuckton of books, including some really neat, rare things that naturally cost a lot of money. You can buy old records and CDs there too.

There's also a bookstore called Deep Vellum that specializes in translated literature, so it's always got brand new stuff from places like South Korea and Brazil.

Your election machines are just re-purposed McDonalds self-order kiosks, they simply beg to be hacked.

Temecula
Unfortunately Barnes and Noble

unironically the half price books by the mall

The the table in the lower level of the Soho location is always empty. It's also right by the history section.

Knoxville
McKay's

I keep forgetting Blackwells for some reason. It just blends right into the university so well like a chameleon. Oxfam is alright but the choices get very predictable after a good while.

amazon.com

Their selection is ok but 2nd Look has more interesting stuff and is cheaper

I haven't been to that one and I've been to the public library many times
SAN ANTONIO BOOK STORES
>nine lives, the old lady is mean to everyone and the place smells like cats
>the twig, over priced bougie garbage
>half price books, good depending on the socioeconomic disparity of your side of town
>imagine books and records, cover up for underage punk kids to go to shows and do coke in the parkinglot
>chever books, never seems to be open and is right next to the 2 story half price books
>dead tree books, who the fuck goes to the south side

Why is there not a comfy cafe/bookstore?

Attached: locations-burnside-2015.jpg (800x300, 67K)

Spend a Saturday in Charlottesville
Daedalus
Heartwood

Attached: Screen-Shot-2017-03-26-at-4.13.13-PM.png (1542x1012, 1.49M)

nice

Any Sydneysiders with some reccs?
I went to the newly relocated Gould's and I'd say its about a fifth of the size. Honestly kinda better because it's easier to find shit, but it's lost its charm unfortunately.

M*lbourne
Sainsbury Books

none because I live in rural North Carolina

There's a good bookstore in oldtowne, not too far from the king street metro. In DC there's capitol hill books, kramerbooks, idle time books, second story books, politics and prose, and the amazon book store.

Wellington
Pegasus

incidentally i'm hitting up Mexico soon lads any book store recommendations

>Sacramento, CA
Beers is the most iconic to me, although the prices have gotten worse. Used to love getting a huge haul for like $3. Time Tested is also not bad, but again their prices have gotten much steeper lately.

Why are all the used bookstores becoming whores?

Attached: JoannaNewsom.jpg (300x421, 70K)

Arcata, CA
The Tin Can Mailman

Philadelphia
Book Corner
I'm moving anyways so go wild.

Friends of the Library Whittier, pretty much the best used bookstore I've been to considering I've picked up PKD, Avicenna, Kafka, Lacan, etc for a dollar.

Attached: Friends of Whittier Library Interior.jpg (1600x1200, 392K)

>Provo, Utah
>Pioneer Book

Sup Nick

Eugene, OR

It’s probably Smith Family, but I also like Tsunami Books.

Smith’s would be my pick. Normally has a wide selection at low costs. Got some Arthur Clarke for like $3 a book there a couple weeks ago.

the best bookstore in LA is obviously Angel City and the second best is Iliad

There is 1 (ONE) independent bookstore in my city

There were two used bookshops but they both closed down within the last 12 months,

You go to the university?

>not bmv

Leuven, Brabant. Basically the uni library about two weeks a year when they do a book sale.
(You)

put some respect on dunaway

I may move there how is it

Jacksonville
Chamblins

Amersfoort (Netherlands)
Boekhandel Riemen

I do. Graduating next week though.

I enjoy it a lot honestly. Oregon is beautiful in the summer and the fall. It does rain a decent amount in the winter but it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. Downtown is great. A lot of good bands come through. Interesting characters hanging around. The university can be a great resource/cool place, but if that’s not your thing it doesn’t take over the town. It’s not a huge city, but it pretty much has everything one could need.

nice trips.
Which state are you in? Paraná here and there are a couple minimally decent ones

Amersfoort is a pretty town, how is living there?

The centre is quite pretty, the rest is pretty shit. I live in a nearby town that has been swallowed up by the expanding city so here it's very doable. Where are you from?

AHHH welly bro I'm so fucking lonely here AHHHHHH

Ahh pulp fiction- prices are ight but pretty good selection.

Paper Hound downtown is not bad too, a bit more curated though.

Is this bookstore in Germany? I seem to remember one who's interior looked just like that.

Hamburg. But I travel a lot around the Netherlands (Randstad) for work, so I always change trains in Amersfoort. The station is a bit far from the center, but it's worth it.

Look at the alphabet used at the bookcovers.

Boston
Brookline Booksmith

Craziest and cheapest place in the city, no doubt.

Attached: 688153.jpg (933x529, 121K)

bmv is overpriced for used books

Welp, nevermind

What do you think is so great about the city? It's sometimes called 'little Amsterdam' here because the people are just as shit as in Amsterdam

Buenos Aires
Ateneo Grand Splendid

Bangalore, India
Sapna Book House

Cleveland has maybe four bookstores spread out over several hundred blocks, but by far and away the best one is Larchmere Books out in shaker. It's big, not that cheap but always find something I wanted there.

Houston
The big Half Price on Montrose.

such is life

Des Moines, IA
Half Price Books in Clive
Fuck coasties

Attached: 8D53B938-EC6A-47C5-A0D3-AB6770ACFF5D.jpg (800x600, 98K)

>auckland
>hard 2 find books

also good

>Tokyo
>Infinity Books

Not great, but just beautiful historic center, nice to stroll through. I don't interact with the people much, but that makes me never want to.

Adelaide, South Australia
O'Connell's bookstore. Unbelievable selection, good prices, and the owner is a top bloke.

I don't beleive in democracy.
I don't believe in elections.
I don't believe in "the west".
I reject Nazism as a label and view it as a historically and geographically bound ideology.
I reject your post.

> Warszawa
> no fucking idea, barely any books in anything but polish here

I'm in the Newmarket suburbs so i'm really out of touch with Toronto spots. Can you recommend a whole bunch of good book stores? I'm going downtown a lot more this summer and I want to support these places.

>living in a city
LOL

Which mall? Ross Park, Monroeville, or south hills?

Oslo
Cappelens Forslag

I don't really go that much to bookstores though, every book I've bought since I moved here I bought there.

I would definitely second Loganberry books on Larchmere for the Cleveland area.

If you are ever in the Columbus area I would suggest the Book Loft in German Village.It is incredible and by far my favorite book store.

Shithole in the north of Russia
Wannabe-local-amazon

Atlanta.
Not a single good one

Not even Vintage Books on Clairmont Road? I go there whenever I’m in town from tennessee

Niantic, CT
The Book Barn is top tier, super cozy.

Valencia
París Valencia de Alfonso el Magnánimo

Was about to post this, fuck this town.
Never heard of it but might go check it out. Looks like it's around Brookhaven? Atlanta is so goddamn spread out that I've honestly never been anywhere near that place.

Austin
Bookpeople

Attached: shutterstock_681676399.1504903942.jpg (1200x480, 146K)

>Baltimore
>pic related

Attached: ABBF05C2-AE40-4E90-A043-E656D1D9EAB8.jpg (828x928, 309K)

ITs near all the good ethnic food brother. It’s a 4 minute drive off Buford Highway. I go as ‘food tourist’ anyway but I’m planning on making the move to the area after graduation or something else comes up. Whereabouts are you?

To amend this, what do y’all hate about Atlanta? I enjoy warm weather and having every food on the planet for cheaper than any other mega city in the US. BUT I hate the traffic obviously. Why do y’all hate it so much

las vegas is pitiful. most used book shops are shut down or overpriced. any suggestions?

Interesting. My brother just moved to Decatur and generally likes ethnic food and books so I can probably convince him to explore around there with me.
I'm not in the city anymore, I just graduated from Tech and am with my parents in Kennesaw until I find a job.
I strongly dislike the weather and would prefer to live in a colder climate. Also hate the complete lack of public transportation that means in order to get anywhere at all you need to drive. The city is designed around the interstate system, not the other way around.
Atlanta's suburban sprawl is also fucking obscene, that's where I've spent most of my life.

Oh right, meant Ross Park

These guys get it.
Chattanooga
McKay's

Bristol, UK

>Hydra and Dreadnought Books for political literature
>Clifton Oxfam for classics, poetry, and collectables
>Bloom & Curll for fiction
>The Last Bookshop for cheap fucking deals

Attached: comfy.jpg (225x225, 13K)

>living
LOL

i dont know about small bookstores but im looking at the websites for major ones and its hard to find even the most basic shit

you go to the most convenient location for me and look at the history/politics section and its seriously filled with nothing but ORANGE MAN BAD books even though im not even from america, and literally not a single history book that isnt about nazis

Awesome place.

Yeah, that one's been good a few times. I just use thriftbooks though. Way cheaper and better selection, even if I end up with books that have writing in them

lancaster pa
Dogstar books

Warsaw
libgen, chomikuj, bookz, search engine for very new books

Münster, Germany
Jos Fritz Antiquariat and poptanke

good thread for travel purposes

There is literally no bookstore in my city unless you count the surrounding mecca. In which case, there is a single barnes and noble and a campus bookstore.

>Anonymous 06/12/19(Wed)05:49:24 No.13283233▶
TN boys

Gorgeous

Nashville, TN

idk probably McKay's, I don't know any hip places

rest in peace Ten Editions

>create nothing but suburbs
>call it a city
>several decades later
>do your best to renew (fix your previous fuckups) the area by removing the suburbs and actually creating a city

Attached: just euthanise my shit up.jpg (720x540, 115K)

i too enjoy living in los angeles

i actually live in australia

nvm i cannot imagine your pain

Montreal
The Word. Great selection and nice staff.

Fuck yes love TCMM

Kampala
Aristoc

Fellow Baltimoron here. Book Thing is the shit, have scored a couple high-quality classics there & some good SF, just have to pick through the absolute garbage.

I also like Protean & The Book Escape in Fed Hill. The Wonder Book in Frederick usually has some cheap titles if you don't mind a drive

Minneapolis, University of Minnesota bookstore, Twin Cities campus. Combination conventional bookstore area (layout and scale not unlike a Barnes and Noble, but with a much, much better selection actually on-hand) and student textbook area. Large philosophy section. Easy access to contemporary continental philosophy, a speciality of its press.

-large selection of Dover scientific books
-wall of Very Short Introductions if you're into that

There are plenty of decent niche bookstores in particular genres, and decent general/used/fine shops (James and Mary Laurie comes to mind) but the above is the best overall stop.

Appleton, WI
Half price books

BRISBANE

The 1 million books store

Attached: IMG_8626.jpg (1000x750, 373K)

Albany
Dove & Hudson

Portland, OR
Powell's

Moe's in Berkeley
Walden Pond in Oakland

Thanks for the rec

>Somewhere outside of Memphis Tennessee
>None

Attached: 1556427851610.jpg (1363x697, 135K)

if by outside you mean "somewhere northeast", then drive the rest of the way to Nashville and go to McKay's

Dublin
Hodges Figgis, so good Joyce mentioned it in Ulysses

>Oxford
>idk, Blackwells?

London
>skoob books
>waterstones are ok
>that touristy shop near green park

>Shithole 35 k inhabitants town in one of the most shithole province of Northern Italy
>actually have six or seven book stores, better than any other city in my area
>the ones selling new books are ok compared to other bookstores, one does also publishing of local history and dialectal poetry
>but my favourites are second hand bookstores, true impoverished patrician style
>best store is the one owned by a college-dropout, ex-French Foreign Legion para, let’s call him Giuseppe
>Giuseppe is the only self-proclaimed fascist I know you can have a serious discourse with, even on politics, can also give very good advice on readings
>Also, he has some 40-50 thousands books he accumulated throughout his life, the most from buying whole libraries from noble or old money pricks who wanted to cash out inheritance
> so, mostly thanks to Giuseppe, I’m making my own gorgeous library and buying back what my shithead cousin dilapidated (I know the exact volumes and original disposition from the ex libris and catalogation), all on a budget
>feelsgoodman

>brisbane
>there are none

Attached: screaming old man.jpg (448x439, 33K)

Earth
Library genesis

There was this old geezer with his antique book shop near the riverbank. I think he died. What a shame.