Philosophy is dead and usless prove me wrong

Philosophy is dead and usless prove me wrong.

Attached: BASED.jpg (200x174, 10K)

>Yea Forums is dead and usless prove me wrong.
>ftfy

The universe is too complex to be explained by concepts created by human minds.
The only part of philosophy that was ever important was logic.

I try to expand into philosophy, but I haven't read anything that doesn't sound like pretentious circle jerking.

Can anyone give me some philosophy recommendations that aren't total trash?

First post best post

nice philosophical observation, fag

You're living in the age of Jordan Peterson AND Sargon of Akkad.

It literally can't be, since the entire underpinnings of everything from arithmetic to the modern scientific method are philosophical. Every single empirical argument is de-facto an argument from Aristotlean rationalism whether or not the naive materialists want to admit it.

Philosophy is the butch, and everything else is the bitch. The burden of proof is on you to make any argument to the contrary without employing any sort of philosophic argument, which, of course, you cannot.

It is a bold sophist who argues that sophistry doesn't exist.

If you're just starting out, start with Confucius and Plato.

Burden of proof is onto you.

Theoretical thinking and intuition is necessarily inherent in our daily lives. The development of that is philosophy. Science can't speak about anything inherently, only the parts of something.

Attached: Screenshot_20190603-204628_Chrome.jpg (1055x281, 210K)

i disagree with you.
I just proved you wrong.
If you don't realize how I just btfo you simply by disagreeing with you, then GO READ SOME PHILOSOPHY BOOKS.

Nietzsche

Attached: Nietzsche1882.jpg (1274x1700, 362K)

Ignore this shite

Have actually read a few works by them, but again I'm looking for something that's actually applicable outside the pretentious circle jerk of philosophy itself. I'd love to read some works that actually apply to real life outside the debate vacuum or philosophers.

I'd read kant, he explains the objective nature of aesthetics and ethics.
Hegel is really interesting and turns you onto historicisms. You can start developing historicisms in any field to get a better understanding of how fields work.

Not the guy you're talking to but someone else, what books specifically would you recommend for this? I'm especially interested in what you said about Hegel.

Hegel phenomenology of spirit but read kant first
Critique of pure reason and practical reason
A history of philosophy book is best prior to all this

Read montaigne.

Never heard of Sargon whoever, but nobody anywhere thinks this is the Age of Jordon Peterson. He is universally considered a meme who gives bland, obvious advice with no particular audience in mind.
I haven't even heard of low IQs mentioning him.

>STOP PHILOSOPHIZING GOYIM

Attached: d5c.jpg (297x365, 36K)

You're actually right lmao. I realized that pursuing a degree in philosophy is just straight out stupidity. What retarded thing to fucking do, you will literally have a fucking job as a fucking professor making ok money and writing inconsequential articles about some philosopher that noone will read and that will be not change things at all. What a fucking waste of time lmao.

Attached: otto-dix-Portrait-of-the-Journalist-Sylvia-von-Harden-1926.jpg (510x705, 83K)

/thread

>STOP THINKING DEEPER, GOYIM

Attached: AFD5DF7E-28FC-41DD-B77B-0409F3F853E0.jpg (320x397, 30K)

>Hitchen‘s razor

Stirner.

Don't you like having rights?

Any specific works in mind? I don't want to start with a guy's tangential work, or his late-career weird stuff, so I would want to avoid just picking at random if possible. Genuine thanks anons.

>you have your own approach to life
>it's your philosophy

Sometimes it's nice to sit for a few minutes and have a good think. Better than shooting up heroin or playing vidya.
>But like how does one ultimately determine if thinking is better than heroin and vidya
WOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHH