What are some contemporary banned books?

We all know about how over the course of centuries the Catholic Church banned hundreds of books, primarily those that challenged it's legitimacy or social power. What are some books banned by our contemporary neoliberal order? It seems like soft bans (not illegal but intentionally made hard to find and discredited in the media) are a lot more common than straight up confiscating and burning books. In addition, what books are banned by modern authoritarian cultures like Iran or China?

Attached: The-Culture-of-Critique.jpg (585x300, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docdroid.net/wSluAFg/cofnas2018-article-judaismasagroupevolutionarystr.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>In addition, what books are banned by modern authoritarian cultures like Iran or China?
Winnie the Pooh.

Just because something is banned doesn't mean it's true. Culture of Critique has been refuted.
docdroid.net/wSluAFg/cofnas2018-article-judaismasagroupevolutionarystr.pdf

bump

Many counter-currents booms were banned by amazon

banning books is a moot point in america. because everything that really matters is already secured by legally binding contracts there's no official censorship body like in the soviet union. ideas aren't dangerous to the neoliberal capitalist regime, they're just products to be sold like anything else.

There are no hard bans anymore, the governments have learned a lot.
Bans are usually enacted through the journalist class putting pressure upon private companies to stop spreading these works.

Aside from that they managed to create a culture in which "rebelling against the system", means just being a more zealous support of the system. Which is what you see with the young "communists". That way the danger of these books is pretty much neglected.

Banning by force is a scary, you legitimize your opponent and at worst create a Martyrer. The "private companies shouldn't have to sell hateful content", enforced by the journalist class is far more effective and less dangerous.

>le ebil commies and journalists
you have to go back

What's your point exactly?

There was a hard ban recently on a book where Scarlett Johannson (or an imitator who passes as her) was a character. Defamation. Libel would be another way to get banned.

Normally stuff which would go in that direction is soft-banned by going unpublished or being altered by editors.

I think if instructions for terrorism or suicide or untraceable property damage were privately published you would then see a ban. Not for challenging the idea of society, but for helping people who are already dissatisfied to do something.

it was banned from Yea Forums

Attached: diamonds.jpg (267x400, 15K)

embarrassing display

>There was a hard ban recently on a book where Scarlett Johansson (or an imitator who passes as her) was a character. Defamation. Libel would be another way to get banned.
Huh, what book?

Communists and journalists are both evil

Behead All Satans

I'm going to write a wikipedia article on that book

What are the most dangerous books

you have to go back

Attached: marx_terror_quote.jpg (250x332, 26K)

If culture of critique wasnt banned I would have just thought it was some bullshit book. But now that it is I want to buy it, even though it is probably somewhat bs

David Irving

do it...but it'll probably get banned...or heavily edited by hand-clasping merchants, if you know what i mean, fellow book enthusiasts.

Attached: BAS_emo1.png (597x577, 347K)

Fucking embarrassing samefagging self-shilling as always, BAS guy.

RIP

>There are no hard bans anymore
lol
pic related

Attached: Christchurch Brenton-chan shooting kebabs and gyros.jpg (3000x1976, 1.82M)

Attached: SayThatToMyFa_OnSecondThought__Just KYS.jpg (746x970, 76K)

>Refuted
Just read that and I see no refutation.

Waste of time anyways. Aussies are actually as retarded as they sound.