Where do you get your books? I'm looking to get as many books for as cheap as possible

Where do you get your books? I'm looking to get as many books for as cheap as possible.

I mean good books- I want classics, religious texts, philosophical texts and great american novels.

Attached: shelf.jpg (3009x2425, 2.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

b-ok.org/
cheapestbookprice.com/
booko.us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I’ve never read a book by someone of my nation which was thoroughly enjoyable. America just doesn’t have good authors I don’t think.

What city are you in? Find used bookshops.

What? Infinite Jest, Gravity's Rainbow, Moby Dick, East of Eden- all are American authors.

everything you've listed is terrible

What? Infinite Jest fuckin slaps bro.

b-ok.org/

>as cheap as possible
Flea markets. Beautiful books for $1 each, sometimes even cheaper.

Go to library book sales. On the final day of the sale they have what is called "bag day" where you get all the books you can fit in a big grocery bag for $5.

I buy them from street vendors for roughly one dollar a piece.

I used this cheapestbookprice.com/ and mostly buy from abebooks

I work at a used bookstore so I get all my books for free.

quite a lot of places like this around now

Attached: 2019-06-08_0229.png (947x858, 1.33M)

I live in Japan so mostly Bookoff, sometimes Jimbocho, Mercari or Yahoo Auctions. If I want brand new books because I can't find them in second hand stores I bought them on amazon.com or uk.

booko.us/
This is useful, not not absolutely comprehensive.
HamiltonBook was something I found on Yea Forums, and I haven't found anything quite like it yet.
Always gotta hit up yard sales and Flea Markets, as well as Goodwill and the like.
Used book stores are great if you can find any of them, the only one I've found has the front end full of stuff you'd find in a Barnes & Nobles, but I did score a hardcover Seven Pillars of Wisdom.

Buying books online just feels like cheating to me. The hunt is part of the fun.

Attached: 1489631021021.png (612x201, 19K)

>nearest bookstore is a chain store, a 10 minute drive away
>prices are almost the exact same as booktopia/bookdepository
>nearest used bookstore is a 30 minute drive away
i fucking hate living in the australian suburbs

Attached: god damn it.png (1918x799, 1.78M)

>a 10 minute drive
That's not bad desu, my closest is the back room of the county library 20 minutes away, and nearest chain is a Barnes and Noble 45min to an hour depending on traffic.
>t. backwoods Pennsylvania shack dweller.

>That's not bad desu
you're right, it's not too bad but when i have to spend an extra 20 minutes finding parking, walking to the shop and walking back to my car, it gets real annoying real fast

how sedentary are you that a few minutes of walking is annoying?

The absolute state of this board.

the walking part isn't annoying
the annoying part is having to pass 50 other stores to get to the one i want
shopping centres/malls were a mistake

What other option is there? A separate building and parking lot for every store? That would be a fucking nightmare

I live in a university area. There are at least 20 bookstores within 5 blocks from my apartment. Prices go from 30 us cents up to 100 bucks, used and new, antique and modern. I live on the busiest library-wise street in my country. The bad thing is that i'm always broke at the end of the month.

pick up an urban planning book, chum

Attached: Kaysersberg-Alsace-France-1600x900-wide-wallpapers.net_-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 197K)

Online or in old used bookstores. Your best bet is online sites.

Book depository has decent prices, what's the deal?

Do European towns really not have shopping centers? The stores are just scattered throughout the town willy nilly, with houses and such between them?

Goodwill

Barnes and Noble, no other worthy bookstores worth driving 30 minutes to on long island. My other option is taking a train to the city for the heck of it.

charity shops usually have a good selection of classic books. i've found ones near universities have a decent choice sometimes.

Library surplus.

It could be fucking Dymocks

Bookfinder, it aggregates prices from different sites for both new and used listings. Occasionally I get wonky results but mostly it works well.

Many have mentioned bookstores, flea markets, charity shops etc.

For pure frugality I'm sure the best deals reside there; but the most practical avenue is eBay (sometimes Abebooks) if you're looking for specific titles. Set "saved searches" for your wants and check sold listings to gauge a good value. I have 100 search alerts for books and throughout the years I've gotten good deals, just don't get caught up in bid wars.

Amazon, bought new when it's less than $5 more than used price and bought used otherwise
if I happen to be in town (which has become more rare lately), McKay's is pretty fun to browse

Have you never been in a pre 1950's American town? There's a high street with most shops on it. Things are designed for walking, and people live on smaller streets off the high street. Not that things work like that anymore . .