Which is cooler, literature or philosophy?

Which is cooler, literature or philosophy?

Attached: wp1919801.jpg (2560x1600, 376K)

(Analytic) Philosophy

yooooo brooo have sex
:D:D

What is cooler having sex or not having sex

bruv its obviously having sex >:^)

Philosophy has been going on and on for thousands of years, yet here I am in 2019 miserable. Philosophy is functionally a failure.

Attached: b.jpg (981x736, 74K)

Science has been going on for thousands of years, yet here you are in 2019 miserable. Is science functionally a failure?

It’s harmful, actually

Philosophy. Easy choice.

Are you actually retarded buddy?

Science is also for gigantic faggots.

Attached: e2.jpg (2000x1936, 1.32M)

oh my god im so turned on right now

you have the memiest book shelf. goddamnit i wish israel had its own chan

this. literature is cooler because it at least provides something of an escape from the implacable desire and suffering of life

Literature is just philosophy for people who've had sex (genrefags need not apply.)

>philosophy is hard and boring, i like pretty stories with happy endings better :D

>Homer or Plato

Plato.

literature is the smooth-talking pretty boy who gets all the girls
philosophy is the heavy drinker who goes off on tangents and constantly gets into bar fights

>pedo or pledo
plebo

Philosophy is the guy cucking the pretty boy

Jk. This is my actual bookshelf

Attached: Depositories.jpg (900x722, 470K)

good poetry

The scientific revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

thats a lot of tom rob smith books

How much cooler are the humanities compared to STEM?

You are a failure, not philosophy

literature = philosophy

Literature is pre climax
Poetry is Climax
Philosophy is post climax

it's not hard and boring, it's just fruitless. it can be an interesting enough diversion for a time. stories don't need to have happy endings to hold value for escapism. in fact, a happy ending is only of use when the reader is largely satisfied with the world, and is capable of walking away from the story with a positive feeling. for escapist purposes, the ending doesn't matter as much as the actual substance of the story and how well it creates an environment that the reader can immerse himself in.

"So, when on one side you hoist in Locke’s head, you go over that way; but now, on the other side, hoist in Kant’s and you come back again; but in very poor plight. Thus, some minds for ever keep trimming boat. Oh, ye foolish! throw all these thunder-heads overboard, and then you will float light and right."

Theory-fiction

Literature. Art is superior to tought

The best of either will learn from both. Though if you mean 'cool' like any normal person, the answer is obviously neither. It is much cooler to do literally anything else.

If you want fun with both, I'd recommend Calvino, Cavell, Borges, and Ted Chiang. xxx

wtf is even the point of philosophy? It's mental masturbation with no end game.

Heard someone on campus today telling some girl that they "hate art." She replied, "well I like films, so there's some overlap there."

eating > [literature >>>>>.....

this. much book, little know

Attached: 20190607_120218[1].jpg (3264x1836, 1.83M)

rhetoric

Literature gets you sex with women, philosophy gets you sex with men

Lol slipknot