Books to learn about politics? Preferably unbiased towards certain ideology

Books to learn about politics? Preferably unbiased towards certain ideology.

Attached: 1544175796699.jpg (700x725, 86K)

Journalists are dumb as fuck but I'm still saging because /pol/ shit

I'm unironically asking for books on Yea Forums. Claiming sage is against the rules by the way.

Attached: 1557474750137.jpg (720x784, 85K)

Bertrand de Jouvenel - On Power
Vilfredo Pareto - The Mind and Society
Robert Michels - Political Parties
Gaetano Mosca - The Ruling Class
Reinhart Koselleck - Critique and Crisis

These are the best books on politics because they analyze it as it is, instead of as the authors wish it to be.

Thanks a lot user. Post more if you can, I've already read The Art of War and The Prince.

Attached: 1548736501657.jpg (480x480, 31K)

Das Kapital
Minima Moralia
The Culture Industry
Arcades Project
Discipline and Punish
The Birth of Biopolitics
The Genealogy of Morals
Beyond Good and Evil
Capitalism and Schizophrenia: Anti-Oedipus and A Thousand Plateaus
Postmodernism, or, The Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism
Capitalist Realism
The Burnout Society
Psychopolitics: Neoliberalism and New Technologies of Power
Society of the Spectacle

>Vilfredo Pareto
My man

Attached: benito-mussolini-21-2-0217.jpg (850x400, 63K)

>Das Kapital
>capitalism BAD, money BAD tier books
>Preferably unbiased towards certain ideology
user...

Up

Attached: 1557473769334.jpg (960x960, 96K)

just get something like this. it's just an overview but you'll still know more than 99% of the people on /pol/

Attached: 61FsZb+SxSL.jpg (842x1000, 124K)

start with the greeks
>plato's republic
>plato's laws
>aristotle's on politics
is a start

Already read the Greeks.

i think he said nonbiased.

Marx is biased but reading Capital and taking it in is more likely to make you an ancap than anything.

The problem with "unbiased" is that usually just means "liberal". It'll default to the dominant ideology.

>liberal
In the american or the european sense? I don't think anything pre WW2 is biased towards that anyways except for the anglos.

>all Marxist
>op asks for unbiased
good job retard

>unbiased
there's no such thing as "unbiased" in politics, tomodachi

>The problem with "unbiased" is that usually just means "liberal"
americans

Attached: young-horrified-woman-closing-her-mouth-hands-24258018.jpg (400x267, 16K)

>op asks for book
>MUH POL
trannies are a pest

Books on burger politics/political system, specifically? I'm curious

o b s e s s e d

you're obsessed with /pol/, tranny

I've read on politics by Alan Ryan to get an overview and to formulate a list of books for myself. After reading it I've decided to spend the next year on the following list:

Histories, Herodotus
The Peloponnesian War, Thucydides
The Republic, Plato
Politics, Aristotle
Ethics Nicomanes, Aristotle
Histories, Polybius
Treatise on the Republic and the Laws, Cicero (You can find these in a single tome)
De officis, Cicero
City of God, Saint Augustine
the prince, Machiavelli
Discourses on Livy, Machiavelli
Leviathan, Thomas Hobbes
Two treatises and a letter concerning toleration, John Locke (you can find these as a single volume as well on Amazon)
On the spirit of the laws, Montesquieu
On the social contract, Rousseau
The Federalist Papers, Federalists
Reflections on the revolution in France, Burke
The Rights of Man, Thomas Paine
Philosophy of Right, Hegel
On Liberty, John Stuart Mill
Democracy in America, De Tocqueville
The communist manifesto, Karl Marx
and ofc the Bible if you read all of these you'll be educated on western political thought.

liberal in the "enlightenment is good" sense

>Unironically responding with “NO U”

The absolute state of you

the first world liberals i know are science deniers

>The communist manifesto
Don't, it's bad

Already have you can find the audiobook for it on youtube it's an hour and something completely worth the example to get the general gist of Marx without investing the time to read Das Kapital. The manifesto is what Marx and engels wanted the workers to know the most.

Already have you can find the audiobook for it on youtube it's an hour and something. Completely worth the time to get the general gist of Marx without investing the time to read Das Kapital. The manifesto is what Marx and Engels wanted the workers to know the most.

They come and go in Yea Forums like the tide. Zizek debate brought an infestation of leftypol sissyfags.

then resume with the romans and then medieval christians

It's a specific political declaration for the specific revolutionary circumstances of germany in 1848. Read the Principles of communism instead, that's actually the complete basic stuff

Holy shit you're a fucking retard. Libshits like you who cry at everything you don't like are what's ruining this board

I'm actually liberal so I struggled to pick what I'd read to get Marxism in this list. So I'd be thankful for any recommendation on what should take the last spot in the list. But isn't the principles of communism a draft for the manifesto?

Have sex.

In some way, but I think it's both shorter and less specific.
I wish we could get rid of the manifesto desu, retards Peterson read it and think it's all there is to marxism.

Ah of course, only high quality discussion to be found here

Attached: 1511233572258.jpg (1377x1106, 688K)

The whole ten "planks of communism" must be irritating. You're referring to Peterson Zizek debate no?

What I could sit through

Are you yourself a marxist?

very biased image

I'm not well read enough to consider myself one. I've read a fair bit of Marx and I talk to marxists very often, though.
The Yea Forums philosophy guide has a separate section on marxism if you're interested, check it out.

>the romans and then medieval christians
ewww...

Not the American sense. I mean the philosophical sense (the tradition of political philosophy stemming from locke et al).
You don't think liberalism is the dominant ideology? "Liberal world order" ring any bells?

Possibly the driest form of literature ever written by intellectuals

OP here

Post more lists, thanks.

Attached: 1558567795033.jpg (1125x1117, 178K)

you misspelled based

Bi-ased meaning two (2) asses.

Not a /pol/tard, but Carl Schmitt’s Concept of the Political is essential reading.
The main idea is that people have always sorted themselves into groups of friends and enemies, giving rise to enmity, the potential for violence. Politics, for Schmitt, is about managing enmity.
The book also excoriates the notion of a “neutral” politics claimed by liberalism, provides a robust conception of sovereignty, criticizes radicalism, and demonstrates how much of contemporary, Western political structures and ideas are ultimately rooted in theological assumptions.
Very important work.

More meta-political I'd say, but Theological Origins of Modernity was very interesting.

Anyone have any books on running a small scale campaign? Wanting to run for a state position in sometime in the next few years.