You read "Epic of Gilgamesh"? Woah, you must be so cultured and worldly to read such ancient literature...

You read "Epic of Gilgamesh"? Woah, you must be so cultured and worldly to read such ancient literature... That 120 pages of fragmented, incomplete, vaguely translated, poorly written fiction must have taught you a whole lot.

Attached: 1559782092.jpg (640x360, 96K)

Does anyone claim to have bettered themselves by reading that? You're preaching to ghosts

Well? Didn't it?
I loved it. Existentialist buddy story with sex and violence. What do you like?

It was ten times better than the bibble, with its cheap rip off of the flood story

How so?

Is this bait?

Have you read it?
Its a wonderful story. Exciting and sad in turn.

How so?...

I read it for the bromance.

It was a fun read

So NOW you accept the bibble as a singular book, you dumb faggot.

This guy gets it.

I enjoyed Stephen Mitchell's interpretation.

Idiot.

It doesn't sound like you read it.
Egotistical demigod wants a friend, pulls out a proto-man from the jungle by sending a hooker. Shows him the sweet life in the city. Later they go off to collect wood from a higher god's forest. For kicks.
It's awesome.
There is deep meaning to it all in the end. Did you miss it somehow? Read an analysis or something

>I project my edgy modern sensibilities onto it therfore it’s good

>tfw you will never be epic bros with a man-god

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-05-20-18-40-1.png (480x410, 119K)

Fuck you, cunt

Attached: bibble-20346222.png (500x372, 84K)

What would you expect from a woman?

I said two words. Stop imagining shit you fucking schizoid. You described it, but still haven't explained how it's a wonderful story

>user didn't like it
>user didn't like that I liked it
>user didn't want me to sell it to him

Babyheads.

Original flood story is superior

Still one book

Who are you quoting?

>ITT retards respond to tripfags
What is wrong with you morons?

Honestly, it's better that you respond to the schizoids, if you don't they'll end up killing themselves, and not in a figurative sense. Think of it as charity

>if you don't they'll end up killing themselves
That would be a good thing dumbass. Don't respond to tripfag cancer. They want your attention.

i read theogony and works and days and it clued me into the vast idea that greek myth is shit

They're people too user, just cause they're schizoid doesn't mean they should die. Go easy on them, they'll die off naturally (suicide) eventually anyway

>They're people too
Tripfags are not people, they're a disease.

I’m not schizophrenic.

I’m more people tha you’ll ever be.
Have you read Gilgamesh?

>mfw originallanguagefags are forced to read a translation of an ancient book

Attached: 1530160776425.jpg (283x381, 12K)

>more people tha you’ll
Apparently not a literate 'people', though

What language is it even written in? Is there point in learning it?
Have you read it in the original language?
Stop responding to bait you fucking idiot.

You also want my penis :3

I'm glad you decided to use a trip, because I'm able to associate your posts with a person who is probably the most evil and simultaneously idiotic poster on this board.

>doesn’t know what language The Epic of Gilgamesh is written in
>thinks I’m trolling

I’d sooner make you eat it

Attached: 3C9ED9F5-8CF4-4951-9975-A60533796FD4.jpg (640x480, 42K)

That’s cute. It’s okay to be honest :3

I mean it’s okay to be honest with yourself Butterfly, before you get carried away again :p

It's practically certainly not the original flood story. And honestly I find the bible's, at least in the context it has in genesis, to be the superior telling. The narrative of grief in epic of gilgamesh is better done than in genesis, and resonates more than any similar grieving does in the bible, though.

You're right, I am cultured and worldly, and it did teach me a lot.

You're a liar.