NOOOOOOOOO you can't just read Alexander Pope and John Dryden all day you have to read real poets like Ezra Pound and...

>NOOOOOOOOO you can't just read Alexander Pope and John Dryden all day you have to read real poets like Ezra Pound and John Ashbery too!!

Attached: absolutelyboilingsoi.jpg (320x383, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

academia.edu/37556182/Ezra_Pounds_Translations_of_Confucius
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nobody has ever said this to you, or anyone.

N-no th-that's impossible!!

Attached: 1559224282519.jpg (785x731, 101K)

>Nobody has ever said this to you, or anyone.

it's amusing how utterly popeposter has failed to get anyone to read Pope. he has made himself a meme but nobody ever discusses the actual writer

>Nobody has ever said this to you, or anyone.

Attached: 1555893789794.png (231x218, 9K)

Oh so like you're doing right now?

pope and dryden are bad. not as bad as pound, but still.

>BEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1558366036330.png (1000x1000, 226K)

why would a söy recommend pound?

Name thirty good poets
Only pudgy dweebs read twentieth century free verse

>Name thirty good poets
why?

Sinbad the Sailor and Tinbad the Tailor and Jinbad the Jailer and Whinbad the Whaler and Ninbad the Nailer and Finbad the Failer and Binbad the Bailer and Pinbad the Pailer and Minbad the Mailer and Hinbad the Hailer and Rinbad the Railer and Dinbad the Kailer and Vinbad the Quailer and Linbad the Yailer and Xinbad the Phthailer and their twin brothers.

You can't even name one.

why would i name thirty poets? just talk normally

Everyone reads pope in undergrad buddy

Ezra Pound is shit.

I am talking normally, fag. You're the one with the fucked up diction.

>t. j*ws

Good post. Nobody should be expected to read the fascist Pound!

lol nobody says this. ezra pound is for faggots.

My dumbass uncle and his son said this to me when they came over

eh? would you say 'name thirty good poets' in conversation?

r graves
r frost
spenser
auden
w h davies
owen wilson
siegfried sassoon
john skelton
sorley
andrew marvell
wordsworth
eliot
villon
c rossetti
will shakespeare
homer
early blake
baudelaire
e e cummings
housman
r s thomas
ennius
martial

how many's that?

Attached: ka.jpg (755x492, 115K)

>spenser
>rossetti
>shakespeare
>homer
Well you listed for that could at best match Pope's talent.

not ennius? no? never got around to reading martial, eh?

They're good for Latins but nothing to Pope. And yes I read them in the original as I have with Homer.

don't make stuff up, user

Which part don't you believe?

Show us your copies of the texts you pseud

do you know this word?

Attached: o.jpg (534x265, 10K)

more like gaynin lmao

They're all on google
Do you?

>do you know this word?
check

checkMATE

there is no defense against in the game of Yea Forums posturing. this game is over

Yeah bro George Orwell and Robert Graves were totally valid literary critics... let's see what they wrote...
>Orwell wrote a knockoff of an already shit writer (Huxley)
>Robert Graves created historical fiction

so based...

Orwell wrote a lot of stuff, he was a perceptive if curmodgeonly guy

>>Robert Graves created historical fiction
shakespeare and pynchon btfo

Manducare stercore

mr shapiro, if you only knew how ridiculous that statement is you wouldn’t have said it

Proof that what he's known for is a farce and that whatever Graves did create was shit, Graves was a ripoff of an even shittier writer(Sassoon) also it makes sense that he was jealous of Ezra Pound and his more successful warrior poet friends T.E Hulme and Ford Madox Ford that weren't kike brainlets like Siegfried and Rob.

Orwell was a shit literary critic and shit writer, the only reason he's known in the western world is for being a traitor to his communist friends and using his connections to get published from that.

>for being a traitor to his communist friends
Ok so youre butthurt because youre a tankie, Orwell was still a good writer

Pope Poster is a cringe retard

>They're all on google
Sure, sure. You speak Latin and Greek but you don't have a single physical copy of any Latin or Greek text. Sounds legit

Yet you still reply to every single thread without fail

lol no it's literally what happened, I think it's funny that reds got dabbed on, but the fact that it happened because of one of their own ( George Orwell) who was a spineless bastard that effeminate niggas try to prop up as an actual literary icon is astounding.

no true

I don't speak Latin and Greek I read them and I'm currently naked in a hotel room.

Yet you still create pope posts without fail, go back to your freshman highschool class on poetry.

Then post your naked feet

Is that a pic of Logo Daedalus?

implying the following is not based:

On the day when there was a full chamber-pot under the
breakfast table I decided to leave. The place was beginning
to depress me. It was not only the dirt, the smells, and the
vile food, but the feeling of stagnant meaningless decay, of
having got down into some subterranean place where people go creeping round and round, just like blackbeetles, in an
PART ONE 1
endless muddle of slovened jobs and mean grievances. The
most dreadful thing about people like the Brookers is the way
they say the same things over and over again. It gives you
the feeling that they are not real people at all, but a kind of
ghost for ever rehearsing the same futile rigmarole. In the
end Mrs Brooker’s self-pitying talk–always the same complaints, over and over, and always ending with the tremulous
whine of ’It does seem ’ard, don’t it now?’–revolted me even
more than her habit of wiping her mouth with bits of newspaper. But it is no use saying that people like the Brookers
are just disgusting and trying to put them out of mind. For
they exist in tens and hundreds of thousands; they are one
of the characteristic by-products of the modern world. You
cannot disregard them if you accept the civilization that produced them. For this is part at least of what industrialism has
done for us. Columbus sailed the Atlantic, the first steam engines tottered into motion, the British squares stood firm under the French guns at Waterloo, the one-eyed scoundrels of
the nineteenth century praised God and filled their pockets;
and this is where it all led –to labyrinthine slums and dark
back kitchens with sickly, ageing people creeping round and
round them like blackbeetles. It is a kind of duty to see and
smell such places now and again, especially smell them, lest
you should forget that they exist; though perhaps it is better
not to stay there too long.

Nothing to be ashamed of
I can GUARANTEE you that I have read more Pope then you even know exists
Footfags will throw this thread off-topic

*not true

The fact you need post some of his sub-par prose to try to convince me he's a good author is insane

Why would I want to read more pope than I already know exists?

Not as insane as not having sex, like at all

Pope is good. Dryden is terrible, worse than Pound. Dryden on theory though is excellent.

I am a proud incel, do NOT have sex

Just putting you in your place. You are 100-110 IQ max.

Sorry bro I've moved past Pope since highschool, I think you're projecting your shortcomings with intelligence onto me

>The fact you need post some of his sub-par prose to try to convince me he's a good author is insane

Attached: 1559754955441.jpg (320x383, 35K)

And yet you still continue to seethe in every single Pope thread.
With. Out. Fail.

Read Ezra Pound incels....

not true

Dilate tranny fascists

Read ezra pound incel

I have and it was not a good experience

What have you read of his lmao, you seethingly reading his sections on Pope and Wordsworth? How lame of a spite could you have where literally you're willing to defend a rhetorical poet when Pound merely criticizes him for his use of rhetoric and nothing else... If you want to have a vein bulge out of your head you should read Pound's criticism of Milton lmao... Pound cared enough about poetry not to make it a personality game.

I didn't read anything he said about Pope. What book is it in? I've read the entirety of the Cantos with extensive notes and several other poems. He is a humbdrum harbinger of hate and disorder, and if you think he beats Pope in the game of poesy you're mildly retarded.

Some of it's literally in the cantos so that's how I know you're lying retard, that or you have zero reading comprehension skills...

Please quote or take a picture of it

Literally this butthurt over someone criticizing the use of rhetoric...

why don't you just say why you like pound so much

I literally don't remember reading it in the Cantos

fuck you anglo-nigger I'm gonna read Goethe and Schiller and Rilke instead

Gott strafe england

Brainlets literally experience cluster headaches when ever they try to read Pope. Many such cases.

Please, stop posting

Ezra pound is shit.
Maybe 3 or 4 of the 120 cantos are good, the rest are borderline unreadable. His other works are of middle quality. He has nothing of his contemporaries in terms of poetry.

finnegans based

>read Byron
>Become flamboyant and boisterous

Byron changed my incel life, like the cloudless climb and starry skies

clime not climb

>Ezea pound is shit.
the pleb filter worked, excellent

you know all the latin, greek, provencal and spanish snippets are totally illiterate. and when arthur waley was asked how much chinese pound knew 'he shook his head despondently'

George herbert- now he’s based

Do you fuck dudes now?

No, but I understand it now

Oh absolutely

He’s shit

weird bro because without Ezra Pound's chinese translations Waley wouldn't have ever been published in the first place...

ound’s interpretations of Confucius’s works deserve attention because his rendering remains one of the mostaccessible and distinctive translations in English. Pound was not the only translator of Confucius’s teachings;indeed, numerous renowned sinologists, including James Legge (1815-1897), Herbert Giles (1845-1935) andArthur Waley (1889-1966), understood the complex structures of Confucian works and attempted to make theirtranslations easily accessible to Western readers. To achieve this, they often translated the works into the culturalnear-equivalent in English vocabulary. However, their translations lack the ambiguity of the Chinese and employa number of outdated, sentimental word choices. Pound abhorred their use of late Victorian archaisms and theirinflexibility and therefore stripped away irrelevant English metre, rhymes, and stanzaic patterns. Rather thanrecreate the traditional verse forms, Pound attempted to discover the spiritual essence of Confucianism and,drawing on what was unique to the Chinese, he invented, in the process, a new kind of poetry in English

academia.edu/37556182/Ezra_Pounds_Translations_of_Confucius

literally a chinese person said that Pound's translations of chinese were better than Waley's