Imagine a neoclassical garden. All seems to be in it's right place, symetrical, orderded

Imagine a neoclassical garden. All seems to be in it's right place, symetrical, orderded...

Imagine a romantic garden. Wild vegetation that makes one feel small toward the magnificence of nature.

Then, how would be a postmodernist garden?

Attached: garden.jpg (1863x1458, 451K)

plastic flowers in a room with artifical light

Attached: 809d392a249f646299519557976032b7.jpg (564x564, 96K)

It's where the dogs do their peepee poopoo so it has a foul smell desu

that is modernist

Concrete in the shape of vulvas

It would be a garden which you could not enter, but only look upon from the outside.

fuuuuck I wish I could paint or draw. Unfortunately I'm a spastic in those areas and I don't have the time/money to practice enough

A postmodernist garden is a garden of new lifeforms. You're utterly lost. None of your instruments work. Your current botanical knowledge is worthless. You must restart from the stratch to appreciate the alien garden.

Attached: White_butterfly_pea.jpg (3264x1836, 1012K)

a garden of toilets, trashcans, garbage, etc.

This flower is disgusting, it's inviting all the insects to "come fuck me" Vagina dentata
Flowers should be forbidden to children.

>how would be a postmodernist garden?
It would look and smell like a battlefield.

> A green plastic watering can…
YOU HAD ONE JOB

Coca-cola amusement park.

It would just be a gravel field with dogshit everywhere and everybody would be expected to pretend that it's beautiful.

this, postmodernists are just sex addicts

based

user, the flower isn't for insects. It's for the humans to enjoy.

Looking at architecture, which is pretty close to landscaping, you could say that postmodern style is a mix of:
>Pastiche from different styles/epochs
>Return to ornament
>Abandonment of simple forms in favor of more intrincate ones
>Fragmentation of the structure
>Bright, estrident colours
>Irony and use of kitschy elements
I have no clue how that would translate to a garden exactly but you get the idea

this.

So a garden full of ridiculous orchids?

>Abandonment of simple forms in favor of more intrincate ones
Not necessarily, more like, abandoning/rebelling against the modernist idea that ornamentation should either not be used or used sparingly with a clear functional harmony with the utilitarian purpose of the building e.g. landscaping or plants. Instead it's more of an "anything goes" outlook with ornament, from which the pseudo-eclecticism or pastiche of different styles comes in

The definition of postmodern literature evades me but architecture could be summed up by "individualist" i.e. whatever the fuck narcissistic expression of personality the architect wants without regard to history, style, and sometimes even functionality and aesthetics. Which is why there are some fantastic buildings that fall under this category, and some absolutely wretched and disgusting ones

Attached: e61cae78f9308248690c5ac33bca6651.jpg (736x1135, 163K)

Plants bending away from the light, fountainheads that suck water in from the pool below them, tall trimmed bushes of nightshade and a heavy perfume of sulfur and exhaust fumes. Packed with homeless people.

A closet, bulk with elctrical wirings, half-real soda-cans & wet blankets. There is a shoebox containing milk and lily pads, one investigates the thing, and all the while the closet shrinks. This is a social environment, an audition, a mockingbird wading in mud. Music is heard, the flowers flare & flow.

A small rectangular garden with features of all above, behind a glass pane with a price tag.