Boomer meme philosophy

I went as an exchange student in Asia and took a course on Confucian philosophy. Our teacher is Korean-American. I do not regret a single second having applied to this course. It's been an incredible journey. Our lectures mostly consist of TED talks, disney movies and facebook memes. His whole interpretation of the Analects is that Confucianism is to bee yourself and any philosopher who disagree is a nazi and he will make sure to quote them using a nasal voice.

His powerpoints are a goldmine, I'm reposting some and posting the new ones.

Attached: lectureoncuckholding.png (694x502, 90K)

Attached: cuck2.png (703x499, 186K)

HAPPY WIFE, HAPPY LIFE IS WHAT I SAY.
>buys wife new car

Attached: cuck3.png (701x499, 460K)

Attached: epicphilosophy.png (645x482, 337K)

Attached: boldstatment.png (648x489, 120K)

Attached: frysauceandgrits.png (648x486, 550K)

Attached: wake.png (641x484, 139K)

Attached: me.png (640x468, 224K)

What the fuck

Attached: upinside.png (645x489, 92K)

that would be more Taoist though. Confucianism is about growth, the fruition of virtue and keeping one on the path of Good and moral righteousness.
The Three Vinegar Tasters dismantles your professor's lazy reinterpretation. Although the Master often spoke about using the old scriptures for new purposes, this is clearly far from the Good.

Attached: 병신2.png (649x478, 137K)

You realize that Confucian thought isn't confined to just a dogmatic reiteration of what Confucius himself thought and the content of the Analects, right?

Attached: 병신3.png (648x488, 381K)

Attached: 병신4.png (649x484, 144K)

It is much more nuanced than 'be yourself' and while it sees human nature as good, people can be led to evil through their environment and upbringing. Things are not ontologically 'good' as they are unless there is harmony between heaven and earth, state and citizen, and so on. All of this takes effort from the Confucian gentlemen.

Wtf I love Kant now

This is like one of Sam Hyde’s powerpoints

Attached: azquotes.png (650x488, 143K)

Attached: zuckphilosophy.png (650x483, 88K)

Attached: zuckphilosophy2.png (635x481, 563K)

oh my GOD

the absolute STATE of American education

Is this for real. Can you tell us about him, is he weird?
I'm picturing a bald Asian manlet.

American "education" is a joke

>immature people always want to win
>women always want to win at any cost
>therefore
>women are immature people
Checks out.

>I went as an exchange student in Asia

lole'd out loud, but it's too dumb to be real

These are good... definitely not a bad advice to just be yourself... some people will laugh at this idea, as if they reject it. Your teacher is correct that if you treat yourself with contempt you will become depressed. Accept yourself no matter what are your shortcomings. It's a choice you're able to make up until the moment of your death. Thank you for the post. Peace out.

Attached: 83ede1120dfb281ddc7c2a028b2fcd04.gif (1150x709, 464K)

OP this is a good introduction to Taoism. He is trying his best

post more pictures like that

Sorry you aren't learning anything but this still sounds like an amazing class. Seems as though it would be hard to dislike this guy.

I feel like the two guys in these pics are talking about self-worth in a different context than what your prof is implying

Holy fuck. It's Nick Land.

finally, two guys i could beat at arm wrestling

It's real but I won't give personal infos for obvious reasons. He is bold but not a manlet, he smiles a lot and tries very hard to be a "bro". He is obviously extremely smug. I post his worst slides but most of the time we are just bored to death because he keeps repeating his 2 lines of facebook philosophy which are : human nature is good and you have to be yourself. And that's his answer for every philosophical problem in the world, any other philosopher apart from Confucious or spinoza is a dumbfuck because they couldn't understand that. It makes our assignments confusing for most people because they have no idea what to say when looking at the lecture. All our assignment are just about finding a creative way to say his same two lines over and over again. I never tried to argue or challenge him, the guy is just too simplistic and smug it wouldn't surprise me if he had some kind of autism. Fun fact is that for the midterm we had to submit an essay on "our duty as a student" for which I just said I would be myself again and again in different ways and he nominated me to receive a prize cause they had this event where philosophy teacher could select one student to receive 50bucks and a prize for their best essay. It was really embarrassing to see that they had printed out my retarded essay in a huge paper and put it on the wall for everybody to read it during the ceremony but thankfully not many people bothered to read it, and now I get to say I got a prize for an essay which looks good when I apply for master degrees.

I see why you would think like that but in fact he is really smug. When he quotes philosophers he disagrees with he will make a girly voice, and then refute them by saying they are stupid. He once showed us a clip from some American singer who was singing a song about being yourself and said he loved this song. Then he said that she killed herself and that if she had really followed what she sing she wouldn't have killed herself.

Attached: killedyourselfcauseyouradumbbitch.png (695x502, 318K)

Attached: A1.png (697x499, 259K)

What should I read to understand Taoism?

It's a lecture on the Analects of Confucius not Taoism

Attached: A2.png (704x501, 141K)

Sorry I thought you were Chinese professor.

Attached: A3.png (697x496, 145K)

>He once showed us a clip from some American singer who was singing a song about being yourself
>he loved this song.
>he said that she killed herself
>that if she had really followed what she sing she wouldn't have killed herself.
lol fucking based as shit

Attached: A4.png (698x502, 679K)

Attached: A5.png (699x499, 54K)

What the holy shit