Which language has the best literature?

I'm a native English speaker who studies Spanish in school. I'd like to learn a new language purely to enjoy that languages literature. I'm also taking into account how easy the language is(I'd rather learn Dutch instead of Russian, despite Russia having a rich literary tradition, due to how fucking hard Russian is)

Attached: download (1).jpg (312x161, 11K)

French.

I'm already leaning towards German or Dutch. With German I'd have access to some of the greatest literary works ranging from The Metamorphosis to Faust. Dutch has a weaker literary tradition, but the language is already quite similar to English so I could learn to read Dutch literature sooner than German.

I know French literature is acclaimed around the world(I've never read anything French beside Jules Verne). But I am already studying Spanish at the moment, and I'm afraid that I'd mix up spanish and french.

EL LENGUAJE ESPAÑOL ES RICA MATERIA PRIMA DE LA MÁS EXCELSA COMO TAN VASTA LITERATURA EN EL ORBE.

Russian.

Spanish literature is stale at best. Despite having 500 million speakers, Spanish literature has not been able to produce more than a handful of mediocre-great novels. Spanish is equivalent to smaller and more obscure languages. If you count how many speakers there are of Spanish, Proportionately, Spanish is one of the worst literary languages.You'd expect more from one of the most spoken languages in the world. The Spanish language has only produced one great novel, and that is Don Quixote.

I suspect this because the majority of Spanish speakers are located in countries with room-temperature IQ's. In order to fairly judge the Spanish language, one should only consider Spain, Argentina,Chile, and Uruguay as part of the Spanish world. Not doing so is like judging the English speaking world by only Africa, India, and the Caribbean.

ESTÁS SIENDO NECIO, SEA POR CAPRICHO, O POR DEFICIENCIA; ADEMÁS, SI LO QUE CLAMAS FUERA VERDADERO, ENTONCES LA EXCELENCIA, Y PLÉTORA, DE LA LITERATURA HISPÁNICA SERÍAN AÚN MAYORES.

>The Spanish language has only produced one great novel, and that is Don Quixote.
That translates to "I only know the very famous top 5 kind of stuff you learn about in high school or youtube videos". Sort of like saying Shakespeare is the only truly great English writer. An ignorant, malicious, and retarded thing to say. I'd expect more from a website whose users brag about being literary connoisseurs with a taste much sophisticated than the average Joe reader.

>neglecting the literature of Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Cuba because you're a racist elitist

fuck off nazis

Attached: 1550985169898.jpg (557x519, 54K)

I've tried to read Spanish literature. I was painfully disappointed. Attempting to read the "great" latin-american novels left me hating the Spanish language. I found nothing more than cheap Faulkner knock-offs and fringe political "art". I enthusiastically entered Spanish literature, I had even started to learn the language at school, but now I realize Spanish literature is just for western pseudo-intellectuals who pretend that it's good and European leftists who consider The Stranger art.

*the type of people who consider The Stranger art.
That makes more sense.

The Stranger is literally art, though. What are you on about?

Don’t bother, your post shit anyways, and full of terms that you clearly don’t know the meaning of.

the stranger has very pretty sentences at times to be fair

>seething latin-american

Attached: 1546660439021.jpg (680x722, 70K)

I was supposed to read it in school. I fell asleep trying to read that horrible book. I did the smart thing and sparknoted it so I wouldn't have to waste any more of my time than necessary.

>No здpaвcтвyйтe

Have you read: One Hundred Years of Solitude, The Savage Detectives, 2666, Hopscotch, etc? What have you even read?

If the fact that you’re an idiot wasn’t established before, it is now.

>sparknoted it
I'm sure you're aware you've lost all credibility now. Back to plebbit, faggot.

Attached: 057.png (800x800, 879K)

Comme si cette grande colère
m'avait purgé du mal, vidé d'espoir, devant cette nuit chargée de signes et d'étoiles, je m'ouvrais pour la première fois à la tendre indifférence du monde.

One Hundred Years of Solitude is for people who like anything written by an unpronounceable name. No one with an honest mind can genuinely enjoy it. Only an indio mutt could write something so degenerate. Gabriel garcia marquez(the known Fidel sympathizer) was conveniently awarded the Nobel prize at the height of the Colombia drug wars. It's clear to me that this is because of the Nobel Committee cares more about politics than art.

עברית. יש לנו את ספר הספרים

>One Hundred Years of Solitude is for people who like anything written by an unpronounceable name
Meaning what? Which names can't you pronounce, retard? And how's this a legitimate criticism?
>No one with an honest mind can genuinely enjoy it.
Well, plenty of people enjoy it even nowadays.
> Only an indio mutt could write something so degenerate
Being a racist for no reason. Being a prude for no reason. Why are you even into books?

Go back to doing your math homework, Brandon. Literature is clearly not your thing.

Basado y rojoempastillado

I'm neglecting those wastelands in order to save the honor of Cervantes tongue. Latin-America(save for Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay) is a stain to the Spanish language. After witnessing Mexico's culture first-hand, I can now see that they are more Indian than Spanish.

That has nothing to do with language, though. And more about to do with your own racism. You dislike them because of their blood, not because of their language.

>Latin-America(save for Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay) is a stain to the Spanish language.
Quite the opposite, really. Latin America has enriched the Spanish language on many levels. You sound like a bitter Nazi whose girlfriend was stolen by a Native American-blooded guy from Latin America.

I'm "into books" because literature is the highest art form. By reading a truly great novel I can engage with one of western civilizations greatest achievements. I cannot immerse my mind with a painting in the say way I can with literature.

Quite the opposite, my exgirlfriend was mexican. My relationship with her was nothing more than carnal. I can only emotionally connect with European woman. I have nothing against an Latin-American with pure European blood. They are just as much my equal as someone from France or Germany.

t. pretentious fag

Attached: 1557499911551.jpg (1750x315, 38K)

Any book recommendation for the German language? I've already read Mann, Hesse, Kafka, Brecht, Goethe, some Boll, etc. and hell even Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky in German translation, but recently I'm having trouble finding something new and feel like I'm losing touch.

Currently considering The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge.

A few days ago I started reading The Phenomenology of Spirit without even being annoyed by it, I stopped after asking myself "What the fuck am I doing?"

>anecdotal evidence
cringe
>"an Latin-American"
???
>They are just as much my equal as someone from France or Germany.
Oh excuse me, Mr Royal Highness pure-blooded descendant of the Gods of the Olympus.

>Latin-America(save for Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay)
I stopped reading here. Have you even read César Vallejo, Rubén Darío, Juan Rulfo, Barba Jacob, Asunción Silva, Nicolás Gómez Dávila, Carlos Fuentes, Vargas Llosa, etc? you are clearly a pseud, you are spouting your opinions as if they were facts when you barely know about the topic.