Tfw read 25 pages today

>tfw read 25 pages today
Hot damn! Hardcore readerbros get in here

Attached: f57.jpg (640x640, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/AWalkingAphrodisiacByNicholasBlacksmith
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

alright smartpants fess up, how big was the font?

>tfw read 25 pages today
that would be a really good day for me, usually i read about 10 before I fall asleep

100 days that's 2500 pages.
1000 days, thats 25,000 pages
10,000 days, thats 250,000 pages, a small fortune of a library. keep at it and youll accomplish great things. cut out bad habits and youll read even more

the fuck?
is this a joke?
i read about 50 a day and i feel like that’s really not that much

I read 100 pages yesterday, but that’s out of the ordinary for me

i've read over 100 pages today

Attached: 1552016354810.gif (624x335, 2.06M)

Just marathoned 3 pages a few days ago. Feels good, desu

Can you actually retain everything if you do that?

As an example, Im taking my time going through speak, memory rn.

If I read through at 50 pages/day, I really dont think I could remember or properly appreicate all the small details her puts in. Youd have to just blast through and pay no attention to each moment

I routinely read ~70 or 80 pages a day in undergrad
t. History major

DO YOU EVEN THINK?

Attached: D45ED4EE-03E0-4D0C-AE82-06F2CF0366C3.png (650x575, 1.43M)

If you read more than 10 pages a day you're basically a pseud.
If you have spare time you should re-read these 10 pages again and again until you gain a true insight.

I like reading a chapter or 2 a day. But if the book doesn't have chapter I try reading between 25 and 50 pages. It depends on how the book is structured tbqhwyf

maybe if you’re reading philosophy or theory or or something, but I don’t think that’s necessary with novels
um yeah I think so? I don’t read very quickly—I spend about an hour reading (for leisure) everyday and I read about 50 pages in that hour. I don’t even think that’s a very fast pace?

people read at different speeds, what a shocker.

Does anyone else look at 400-500+ pages books and doesn't give a shit anymore? I used to think that they are quite long and it's gonna take a while, but now I'm more like "Well, here we go again."

Attached: ob_9e29ff_dc-794.png (650x650, 385K)

Yeah they used to seem very intimidating, but really you can knock em out in two weeks or so pretty easily

This has been the effect of my renaissance of reading in the last six months. Since I read at least an hour a day, usually two, books aren't particularly intimidating. In a day or two, you're usually a third or halfway through, so whatever. If it sucks, finish it off and move on.

It takes me 2-3 hours to read 50 pages.

40 pages today, but I only picked up a book in the evening. I hate long-ass chapters, but I'm really greatful to McCarthy and Suttree for helping me learn how to be less lazy and read 70+ in one sitting.

That's horrible, m8. Why?

>tfw read 25 Yea Forums threads today

I read a book today

the fuck?
is this a joke?
i read about 100 a day and i feel like that’s really not that much

the fuck?
is this a joke?
i read about 1000 a day and i feel like that’s really not that much

>114 so far but it's only of sci fi

Today read
1. book 2 pages
2. book 1 pages
3. book 1 1/2 pages
We are all gonna make it bros

It takes me 2 hours of DEDICATED reading to read one page of the book of being. Thhat ids beibg wis a BIIIG B. Thqbks!

>read 4 pages max
>feel tired and bored
How do I fix this? 18 yo btw

Little bit more everyday.

No, you can't, speed reading is the pursuit of a pseud

What matters is the content of the book. If it's a good book, I don't care how long it is. I just finished reading Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars series, which google tells me is a total of 2,000 pages. I at no point felt like it was dragging on. I only started paying attention to page numbers on the last book, and that was purely because I was anxious for the ending. You might decide to finish a shitty book that's only 300 pages long, just because you've already read a third of it by the time you realise it's shit, whereas you might realise a 750 page book is shit while it's only just starting, which makes it easier to abandon. Starting a 700 page book is only going to be daunting if you think it might be shit.

unironically get off this board and social media in general. your attention span has been desiccated by this shit, you need to spend time not being constantly stimulated to regain it

Read something you actually enjoy. You should want to continue, not force yourself to. The truth is, no matter how much Yea Forums says otherwise, reading some 1,000-page introspective into the nature of man is not worth it if you aren't going to enjoy it. You probably won't absorb whatever information it provides anyway. The only thing you'll achieve is bragging rights, which is vain.

How long would it take you to reqd anti intellectual prose?

archive.org/details/AWalkingAphrodisiacByNicholasBlacksmith

I believe you. But again, its a question of retention. If you read 100 pages a day for four years, thats 140,000 total pages - unless those books are full of fluff, you must be missing out on a lot of information.

Agree with this desu, even if its fiction you can still appreciate small rhetorical things

Its not a fast pace, but I find I have to reread the same pages a few times before I can assimilate everything. I could have legitimate neurological problem with reading (although I did fine on the GRE, it that counts for anything), but it seems to me like 50 pages a day is still a ton of information to take in. Again, unless its just fluff.

I read The Dead twice today. Which is probably about a hundred pages.

I got halfway through Plato's Sophist today, might be able to finish it before I go to bed.

I read 3 pages of english novel during a 9 hours of working. Yes English is not my first language

BUT...you should be working towards expanding your sphere of knowledge by reading books outside of your comfort zone. like the Yea Forums starter kit is a good place to start. and from then, you can move through those author's ouevre, or wherever you like...

Keep reading, friend.

>reading books outside of your comfort zone
Only if foids get outside of their 'handsome' zone first.

Pathetic reason to limit your literary scope

So it's true. Nobody here actually reads.

I don't know how many pages I read everyday. I just checked though. I read eBooks, so I can only see the percentage of a book I've read. I'm reading a 500 page book right now and I read about 10% a day, so about 50 pages a day for that book. I'm also reading another book about film and I read about 10% of that everyday too.

12 pages of Les Miserables yesterday my friend

Finally fell for the meme and got 180 pages into Stirner. It was boring so I dropped it. Shit should be a tenth as long.

Attached: 1514246403879.png (197x251, 35K)

I read epubs on my tablet with page count turned off. I like not knowing when the novel ends, you can't have that with physical books.

I read about 70-80 on normal days.
30 from my first and 50 from my second book but on some days I read up to 120.

How do you not go to Yea Forums in the midst of reading instead?

Lack of wi-fi

>t. henry james
50-100 isn't even that many if your main interest is reading, honestly. all that really matters in terms of your concerns is level of focus and receptivity of the work itself.

>That's horrible, m8. Why?
English is not my first language. Short attention span being the fucking millennial that I am, so I reread entire paragraphs sometimes because I didn't understand it or lost track of what was being said. Also there's always minimum 2-3 words per page that I don't know so I stop and look at the dictionary on my phone. That's how I end up spending 3 minutes per page easily.
In French I read about 50 pages an hour give or take.

This guy reads

>made it through half a page today
ahh, time to relax with some vidya bros, it feels good to be an intellectual

That's fair, then. 2-3 hours for 50 pages isn't very good, but it'll probably get better as you read more and more. English isn't my native language either, so I know the struggle of having to look up words I've never even heard before. Fucking McCarthy, man, they should sell his books bundled with a thesaurus.

Honestly as a third world slav i've never struggled with understanding novels,even stuff like infinite jest or pynchon.But whenever i decide to read philosophy i just get stuck and spend an hour going through 10-15 pages

I read the first 50 pages of crime and punishment and honestly started considering suicide. What a fucking slog. I hope it gets better.

Like I said, I just finished Suttree not too long ago and I had to look up words more often than I'd care to admit. Just started reading Bleeding Edge and it's so much easier to get through. I'm surprised at all the Jewish terms I know.

I love Pinecone so much.

t. fellow third world slav

>muh fast reading pace
If something can be read fast, it's either shit or will not be retained. Read good books slow and aloud.

Attached: kierkegaard.png (460x460, 71K)

>tfw read 30 threads today and zero pages

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u7.jpg (403x550, 20K)

just take the pain.
it's the price you pay for knowledge.

>tfw I'm here just to discuss books I had to read in high school 5 years ago

That speed!

I read 200-300 pages a day, depending on the complexity of the text, which takes me 3 hours.

>25 pages
>Hardcore reader

Attached: 1516826691788.gif (280x120, 1.35M)

It really depends of course. If someone told you they read 50 pages of wittgenstein in a day they'd be laughed at. On the other hand 50 pages of Dostoevsky is really a small commitment

56 pages, while flicking to the explanatory notes in between

Words just blazin by epic style!

I wish I was as cool as this guy

Are you this stupid, or are you pretending?

Nobody wants you here, fuck off and kill yourself.

>tfw have read no pages today or in the last year but I have read half the catalog

Attached: chinlet.jpg (500x729, 53K)

i'm trying to work my way through tristram shandy, i've had the book for years but i'm still in the first 50 or so pages and i take my time because i dont really want to finish it, i just like reading through it at a snails pace

Do you think Yea Forums, Yea Forums, or Yea Forums brag about how much of their hobby they consume within a day?

Attached: comments.jpg (450x600, 59K)