I am seated in an office, surrounded by heads and bodies...

>I am seated in an office, surrounded by heads and bodies. My posture is consciously congruent to the shape of my hard chair [...]. My fingers are mated into a mirrored series of what manifests, to me, as the letter X.

What's your justification for not dropping the book instantly after that horrendous vein revealingly hard trying opening prose?

Attached: 1_FvZliVsT8TKAEfE5471jWQ.jpg (1600x1600, 264K)

cuz it got better

Attached: [rapid escalation].jpg (800x600, 42K)

Very Lynchian opening line. kys tastelet

Unironically one of the best opening lines ever written.

It serves a purpose, need to read the book to find out. Only the first chapter is written that way.

>muh privileged, middle-class suburban malaise, i'm gonna crush some pills and snort them
Get a life you bourgeois douchebags, fuck your retarded brother

>why did you read this
>cause i thought it was good
>fuck you suburban whiteboy
sweetie who hurt you. lets unpack this or you will never get laid

these. if anything, the first chapter is one of the best in the entire novel.

Agree, although I don't see why it needed to be the first chapter. I think it would have had more weight if it were at the end, like it is chronologically.

>more weight if it were at the end
That would have been horrible.

imagine if book was called INFINITE JESTICLES

>My fingers are mated into a mirrored series of what manifests, to me, as the letter X.
what a fucking moron

who is this OP?

Where?

The narrator is autistic in case you got confused like OP

its literally the best part of the book.First you start reading and see how crazy it is and keep going since youre hooked.Then it starts being more normal until you finish it and go back to reread it.After that it becomes a 10/10 chapter

Why is it like that?

Attached: 1537649349168.png (800x606, 1M)

get fucked materialist retard

>you’re bourgeois because you have a positive opinion about Infinite Jest
Kick rocks you faggot

Attached: 869B3EC6-D58D-42E0-8E95-C308E2ACBF5E.jpg (1078x1360, 116K)

On an empirical level, it's true
You have to be at least middle class to *get* it

no

What?, shut the fuck up holy shit

The word is vain. Veins are the little tubes in your body carrying blood back to your heart.

But on that note, in the eye of a retard someone intelligent will very often appear vain and try-hard, even when they are doing nothing of the sort. Try going somewhere where the people are far less educated than you and watch them criticize your manner of speaking and ask you whether you think you are better than them just because you talk differently.

i hate myself for laughing at this

sorry retard, it's no longer cool to hate this book

That's not bad, just a little dorky

I don't understand how people are okay with owning paperbacks of fuckhuge books, it feels so shitty
If it's over 500 pages I'm getting a fucking hardcover

OH Thanks. I knew there had to be a context. Nobody speaks like that. Not even autists.

Reminder that the person speaking is an autist having a mental breakdown

i believe he meant "vein-revealingly". as in anger or stress.

He is not speaking like that, that is an inner monologue, did you only read two pages or something?

This