Is he, dare i say it, the best contemporary writter?

Is he, dare i say it, the best contemporary writter?

Attached: 1234124.jpg (1024x1001, 94K)

Probably to you, a moron who can't decide if he's making a declaration or asking a question.

he is pretty based and now i want to have a family and rise kids

No, I am.

Andrew Anglin

Same. But I also want to symbolically erase my father through meticulously cleaning the house he died in.

That isn't what happened there. Jesus.
The books are good only a bit too "literary" in that he talks about being a writer a lot. It makes sense but frankly it is my least favorite thing to read about.

did he make you feel this way -- why??

Yes. That is what happened.

Unbearable overuse of anaphora

>muh life
cringe. absolutely devoid of creativity. there's at least 5 better contemporary writers, easily.

Name them then :^)

You don't deserve to hear their names if you think Knaugsfag is the best anything.

His prose is literal Eragon-tier.

Well, me, to start.

>autobiographies
Yikes

You don't erase your father from existence by cleaning his old house. He is grieving his loss.

He's a VERY good writer, his prose just flows so naturally, I just wish he had some creativity. I've only read En tid for alt though, and some of his essays. Looking forward to Min Kamp.

Hes brilliant and I would argue he is creative. It's not so easy to find meaning in the mundane, that requires creativity.

The idea of a man writing about his life and complaining about his family just sounds so gross to me, it's something I'd expect a histrionic female to do.

Attached: h6hh.png (399x322, 42K)

>reacting to something based on what you think a female might do
Have sex

Attached: 1556947126382.jpg (505x505, 39K)

I'm not a virgin, thank you.

Well nigga if you had done some research you'd know he had written two books before the My Struggle that is not about his life, as well as 5 after which are mostly collections of essays.

Perhaps, he is better than most litfags claim. However, I would make the claim that his works are way better in Norwegian, as he is very Norwegian in his prose. I'd easily see lots of it disappear in translation.

this

Norwegian? Wasn't he a Swede? Who reads Norwegians lmao?

Glorified Bukowski.

>nigga
cringe
>if you had done some research you'd know he had written two books before the My Struggle that is not about his life
the fact that not even you name them says it all

Literally 'my diary desu' which would be fine if his life wasn't profoundly uninteresting.

First volume was great. Convince me that I should keep reading and every volume is good and consistent.

No, the best contemporary writer is J.M. Coetzee

Finished the third volume about a year ago and have the fourth bought. It's worth reading. Its good work.

I heard from someone who finished the entire series that it's all basically too much information that doesn't justify the interest of the reader and it's a great relief to finish the entire series.

He is removing all traces of him. It was symbolic. He didn't exactly like his father and would rather forget him. You may be autistic which is why you didn't pick up on this.

>He is removing all traces of him. It was symbolic.
So, like psychomagic?

I may be autistic but you are stretching freudian psychodrama. Typical bullshit interpretation. The whole point of the book is to be excretory, not evocative. The scene of him cleaning is just plain grief. Maybe you never lost anyone. Maybe you hate your own dad. He didn't hate his dad any way.

this

working on his memoir trilogy right now and it’s amazing

lol. The people who say things like that never name who they think is good

Horacio Castellanos Moya
Deborah Eisenberg
William Vollmann
Paul Beatty
Joshua Cohen

Born and raised in Norway, moved to Sweden and married, divorced, then moved to England with his girlfriend.

>He didn't hate his dad any way.
He did though. Pretty sure he mentions multiple times in his books.

okay guys, I'll buy in, where to start? disgrace?

the book is basically the story of why he hates his dad.

Luke Feistamel (if you into DFW style)
Matthew Stokoe (author of cows)
Bret Easton Ellis

The next two are a dishonorable pair, but still better than Knasgard:
Sean Penn Goonan
Nike Hollas Blacksmith

Anywhere. Coetzee is a writer who is fantastic no matter where you start.

Except Childhood of Jesus, that one's shit.

Incredible hair
Hope mine looks as cool as that when I'm his age

At least krasznahorkai

Krasnahorkai
Pynchon
McCarthy
Ishigaru
Kadare

All better...each a tier - if not two tiers - above this worthless hack

Waiting for the barbarians was alright