English really is a magnificent language

The more I learn about it, the more beautiful it becomes. It has all those complex and different sounds, which makes it the perfect language for poetry. Besides, due to historical and aesthetical reasons, it's also the perfect language for writing fantasy.

And if all that is not enough, it is the language with most words, which makes it one of the best to write literature.

Of course, the english we read on the internet is completely different from literature, it's not as beautiful in my opinion. But you english natives are lucky to have such a magnificent language to use for your works, meanwhile I'm stuck with portuguese, a very trashy language.

Attached: download.png (1600x952, 2.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zfaEGU45lKA
theconversation.com/there-are-also-drawbacks-to-being-bilingual-56726
actfl.org/advocacy/what-the-research-shows/studies-supporting#awareness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I ACTUALLY LIKE THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, BUT IT IS OVERLY INFERIOR TO GERMAN, SPANISH, AND LATIN, IN THAT ASCENDING ORDER.

>inferior to Latin
obviously
>inferior to German and Spanish
yikes. absolutely not.

IRONIC THAT THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS SO BIZARRELY BARROQUISTIC, AS A SYNTHESIS OF MULTIPLE SOURCES, WHEN THE ENGLISH PEOPLE IN PARTICULAR, AND ANGLOS IN GENERAL, ARE ETHNOTRIBALISTICALLY SEGREGATIONISTIC.

Most truly, OP, most truly indeed. I am a proud monolinguist and I adore my Mother tongue above all others, finding it to be the most immaculate. I will never learn another language. Non-native English speakers need not attempt any replies, whatsoever, for they are not truly initiated into the wonders of this glorious language and fail to understand its inherent, absolute beauty. I pity those not born to this language, the greatest of them all. The envy of all the world. Purely pitiful, are those born to my language and then discard this prized possession away to gain knowledge of inferior tongue. A precious pearl, one of a kind, one that is a treasure— and these sad cretins decide to trade it for what they think are stores of coin. Keep your filthy lucre. I will do as Shakespeare, Milton, and all great speakers, the masters as I like to call them, of this glorious language have done and keep my priceless English language utterly unsullied.

Attached: 1556758898521.jpg (737x673, 195K)

english is used either as a) an ugly creole language b) a bloated-as-hell frankenstein mix of germanix and latin terms. Portuguese (the brazilian variant at least) is a beautiful language imo. I'm a sucker for those 60s and 70s lyrics of musica popular brasileira, Milton Nascimento, Gilberto Gil, etc produced some seriously deep poetic songs. There is nothing in english that comes close.

Don't know if you're trolling, but I actually agree with everything in your post. In this day and age there's no reason for an english native to learn any other language unless they're going to live in a different country that doesn't have english as its main language or for artistic reasons.

Englishlets; will they ever learn.

Attached: English.jpg (596x515, 35K)

Maybe to write in but even then it has arbitrary nonsense parts

The spoken word leaves much to be desired though the "romance" languages sound much better

Why are there monolingual people in the world? Everyone should learn at least one other language. At least the ones that had a good education. English is my second language and I'm better at it than most Americans. And I'm studying Computer Science lol.

Is English the only language you know?

No, portuguese is my mother tongue, I also know english and french.

>it has arbitrary nonsense parts
like what? I feel this way about Spanish

German is objectively a more precise language. English is ultra muddled and wastes words by having a number of them have extremely similar meanings whilst forgoing other concepts it crucially needs.

Ahahahahahah

It's fun to.

mfw this is what English sounded like before frogshitters raped it and turned it into a pseudo-creole.
youtube.com/watch?v=zfaEGU45lKA

Attached: 1547873239213.jpg (908x666, 192K)

This is what I believed as a teenager.

There is literal brain damage that accompanies learning other languages. The brain works better when it just operates on one language and English is the best, with the highest information density and creativity. Learning something else only messes up the process.

>No I haven't eaten chicken, swine and turkey
>but let me tell you why horse meat is the best of them all

I speak German but have no idea what you're thinking of

no

Kek is this how they cope

Attached: F1.large.jpg (1280x837, 147K)

On one hand I agree with you, on the other hand I feel a pit of regret in my stomach when I look at the Latin textbooks I own and think about how little I study them. I have no reason to learn it but it feels like something I ought to do for its own sake.

>t.retarded inbred britbong

They used to suck French cock back in the day. The English royalty didn't even speak English but rather French, which they considered superior.

I think pretty much every language can achieve beauty if used right. Sadly English has become niggerized these days. The average American speaks in ebonics or close to it.

> learning other languages causes brain damage
gigacope, anglofag.

It's probably an American actually, opinions like that are contrary to typical British attitudes about how Britain is really a bit shit

you're displaying some very poor English in that post

t. Never heard an Australian speak

still better than your German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, etc.

definitely. the difference is that I don't brag about being more competent in those languages than their native speakers

Or an African American. If you think English is "magnificient", you need to hear it at its worst, you have to listen to a nibber speak.

> English is ultra muddled and wastes words by having a number of them have extremely similar meanings
isn't this a good thing tho? This opens door to more writing styles and different ways of expressing the same emotion.

>frogshitters
>image

it unironically does damage your brain

>However, monolinguals were better able than bilinguals to discriminate between when they were right and when they were wrong. In other words, bilinguals had less insight into their performance than monolinguals. This went against our initial predictions, as we expected to find a bilingual advantage in metacognitive processing. These results indicate that bilingualism may be associated with cognitive disadvantages
>we found that bilinguals had less insight into their performance than their monolingual peers.
theconversation.com/there-are-also-drawbacks-to-being-bilingual-56726

speaking more than one language turns you into an NPC. less Internal dialogue. less insight.

africa is the most multilingual nation on earth. Isn't working too well for them I'm afraid.

>speaking more than one language turns you into an NPC. less Internal dialogue. less insight.
There's actually more dialogue going on if you're bilingual because you're actively thinking in your other language. Being a monolingualfag turns you into an NPC because you take language for granted and your thoughts are dull.
>africa is the most multilingual nation on earth. Isn't working too well for them I'm afraid.
So is Europe, and they're the cornerstone of Western civilization.

Africa isn't a nation, retard. Keep being a monolingual.

You’re Brazilian and “conservative”, aren’t you?

bilingualism actually improves your skills of your main language.

>The results showed an advantage for the children who attended bilingual classes since kindergarten: they were better at grammatical judgement and correction tasks and word recognition.

actfl.org/advocacy/what-the-research-shows/studies-supporting#awareness

The conclusions of the study that you provided, while can be true, weren't actually based on any sort of language skills. They were more of a visual test.

Nothing against english. Only monliguality(ism?)

Portuguese from Portugal is atrocious, but Brazilian Portuguese is one of the most sweet-sounding languages in the world; I don’t know why that is.

As for English, the really great thing about it it’s the plasticity and malleability of the language, the easiness to create compound words or to transform nouns into verbs, for example. Greek and German are even more plastic, however. When it comes to both sound and plasticity Greek is the greatest language I know.

*nglish is the most materialistic language ever conceived, literal bugspeak for bugpeople who have bugbrains and live in little bughouses in bug neighborhoods filled with fellow bugs who work at bug jobs and consume bug products. the *nglish language is probably the greatest tool of the capitalist, it's basically a brainwashing tool to coerce the global population to become jew slaves

Original Portuguese is elegant and sophisticated. BR Portuguese is the retarded niggerized version, partly because 2/3 of Brazil consists of nibber-blooded creatures.

That’s not what I hear most people saying. Portuguese from Portugal seems someone mostly munching consonants, while Brazilian Portuguese is very vowel-sounding. Don’t know about the cultures, but for language Brazilian Portuguese is far superior.

>muh fee fees
Wrong.

Success breeds jealousy, clearly.

German has more stricter word structures I read.

>OVERLY
So is this actually Rei? You’ve got to be pushing thirty by now.

poo poo breeds pee pee

>to transform nouns into verbs,
This a millenianl and annoying trend. Cringe.

Are you talking about old age Greek?
Why Greek produces so little quality literature if the language is so great?

Imagine even attempting to write anything in Greek after The Odyssey and The Iliad

Your country is irrelevant and even Brazil is more culturally meaningful to the world, and yes, their language sounds better too. It must be painful to be Portuguese.

Shakespeare did it all the time: “Death ‘mouses’ the flesh of men”