Is there a philosopher that rendered all previous philosophy irrelevant? For example...

Is there a philosopher that rendered all previous philosophy irrelevant? For example, do we really have to slog through Summa Theologica in order to understand Kant?

Attached: 3-LEVY.jpg (380x600, 304K)

You can skip everything between Plato and Nietzsche.

Fucking hell
whoever came up with the idea that you need to read every single fucking work of phil chronologically to "understand" something

OP you are obviously too fucking stupid for philosophy

>Is there a philosopher that rendered all previous philosophy irrelevant?

Attached: 98787676554.jpg (620x349, 28K)

Attached: bognadoff.jpg (500x548, 125K)

so where do you suggest starting?

I don't

Yeah, you're right. After starting with the Greeks you're good to go.

>Is there a philosopher that rendered all previous philosophy irrelevant?

Attached: 15871876_237130476725919_1425477268695938009_n.jpg (601x825, 34K)

Granted but he was more theologian than philosopher.

Also Schuon was better. Far more interesting and original in thought. The Indian stuff is kino. At least you didn't post Evola. Most of the people who do that here haven't even read the perennialists.

Attached: 1253457346.jpg (350x500, 18K)

Show stoppers are my favorites

Attached: 03E22480-D89F-4825-9350-BF1E66F770F5.jpg (1379x689, 312K)

Real answer is Kant basically destroys all philosophy before him, but trying to start with Kant is retarded, so at least read Hume

In the end of his life and particularly in his last work though he ended up coming to accept a Spinozian substance/ether as the necessary condition of existence, i.e. the Indians and the Daoists and the Neoplatonists and Geunon etc were right all along,

It sounds like you're looking for Wittgenstein, but you should still read Plato and Aristotle at least.

god I wish that was me

Just read what you want. Only certain philosophers need to be read in order (you should read Plato before Aristotle, Liebniz before Voltaire, the christian theologians before Nietzsche, etc.)

>the christian theologians before Nietzsche
Nah
You should read the Greeks before Nietzsche. Especially Aeschylus, Heraclitus and Plato

sort of this
but yeah honestly just read the fuck you want
read plenty of secondary material too
if there is something you don't understand, study into it

Heraclitus even in fragments renders most philosophy obsolete to this day.

OP here, this is basically what i was alluding to

first serious answer

Plato and Aristotle rendered pre-Socratic philosophy pretty irrelevant.
Descartes rendered medieval philosophy pretty irrelevant.
Kant rendered early modern empiricism and rationalism pretty irrelevant.
Hegel rendered earlier German idealism pretty irrelevant.
Heidegger rendered classical phenomenology pretty irrelevant.
Russell and Moore rendered British idealism pretty irrelevant.
A combination of people (Wittgenstein, Quine, Sellars, etc) rendered logical positivism and sense data theory pretty irrelevant.
But of course none of these philosophers really rendered all previous philosophy irrelevant, because old philosophy always comes back anyway.