Anybody feel like they just read books to feel sorry for themselves...

Anybody feel like they just read books to feel sorry for themselves? Let's go through Yea Forums's favorite authors: Dostoevsky, Camus, Kafka, Tolstoy, early Goethe - all misery-wanks, justifying and fostering negative feelings.

What are some books that are the opposite, that won't leave this board filled with threads about "depression" and existential angst?

Attached: 1543657768992.jpg (750x684, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ngWTmYqqKxE
youtu.be/p5zCu2MmmCg
youtu.be/dAufvkHj16g
youtu.be/eCFn4c1QpTM
youtu.be/H6yPLpfaGQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Look at the Bloomer thread.

Depression is the natural state of man

That comic just an example of normalfags not being able to conceive that there are people who actually don't have the things that they take for granted.

The books of John Cowper Powys will fill you with a sense of mystical wonder.

This.

True, the only thing in that image I have is tea, which I don't take for granted.

Natural state of man is a hunter-gatherer living in a cave until they die at 30 from blunt trauma.

I'd rather be happy, even if it's a supernatural feat.

I have tea and a pet.

>someone loves you

Attached: 1544251781038.png (960x958, 108K)

On average hunter-gatherers who made it past the age of 15 lived to be 72.

That's another good one. Must be nice to live in normie world.

That comic is actually an example of hollowness of normalfag life and proof of the statement that you won't magically feel long-term happy if you get a gf

Telling a normalfag you're a virgin with no friends who's never had a girlfriend blows their minds. They instantly think you're lying, though I think deep down they already knew, they're just putting up a facade of politeness.

what does the first point mean? i don't understand due to being retarded

>dating

Why do does kafir society do this? They have made it a requirement to find love among themselves, absolutely insane

Attached: funny-hijab-meme.jpg (480x400, 98K)

Not true, most people come to being depressed as the result of some logical speculations, so that's by definition not natural

exactly this

Depression is a clinical condition. It, sadnees, and pessimism are all distinct things

Attached: ramadan.jpg (600x800, 62K)

Wouldn't say camus was a misery wank

It's a bastardization of courtship.

You're not in a relationship but in the process of making one.

It is about "trying out" marriage with differrent partners before committing.

>The Stranger was hopeful and optimistic

Learning foreign languages opens doors to different cultures.

Attached: 15496190457600.png (728x668, 761K)

it's fun and can turn into something more

have sex

Attached: 1534953062651.jpg (603x841, 99K)

Yeah, pregnancy

Make wudu

Why the fuck would I want to have a door to Russia opened?

Strangers on this road we are on
We are not two we are one

Attached: 1552385007425.jpg (720x702, 74K)

stop self-inserting, midwit

I literally have none of that and I am convinced I still don't qualify as depressed to these fucks

been around plenty of girls who've fucked nice guys.

t. scumbug, not afraid to say I've been dumped, definitely used a girl for sex and overall hated most things about her, she went for a nice or at least nicer guy

Attached: 20190511_072916.jpg (4032x3024, 1.11M)

>utilitarianism
lol

They *unironically* need to check their privilege.

Abortion is haram. Go directly to hell, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Attached: 1557401649219.jpg (551x414, 164K)

Attached: 1539392629259.webm (400x400, 1.31M)

Stop larping faggot. Don't post on this board again.

Attached: 1553040007219.jpg (1696x6224, 2.44M)

unironically the worst cancer ever

>Tolstoy
>misery wank

Tolstoy is life affirming though. Dosto too.

It's more like it's an example of people failing to understand that having all those material things does not necessarily lead to happiness. This is because all of those things mentioned in the comic come with strings attached.

Tolstoy isnt depressive.

>Tolstoy is life affirming though. Dosto too.

Misery and suffering are always the center point, and the moral or life affirming content is presented only at the end of the journey through hell. One one hand it's very old testament, people break the law and get punished, a simple lesson. However, it's not like the people who do good get rewarded either, they're just put through more shit.

It is a good lesson that teaches you about life and people, but it doesn't necessarily lift you out of depression.

Attached: anti-bingo.jpg (750x684, 133K)

Tolstoy's good characters often find contentment in their life conditions even if they aren't rewarded materially. That contentment is seen as it's own reward.

Read Tolstoy's Family Happiness. It's one of the most believable and yet uplifting takes on marriage I've read.

>it doesn't necessarily lift you out of depression.
no book will lift out of depression if you're going to do nothing in real life.

tea and cookies xD I feel good now thanks for the gold stranger

>When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. And when a company of the emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her. She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Messenger of Allah. When he (the Prophet) was about to pass sentence, the man who (actually) had assaulted her stood up and said: Messenger of Allah, I am the man who did it to her. He (the Prophet) said to her: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you. But he told the man some good words (AbuDawud said: meaning the man who was seized), and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said: Stone him to death. He also said: He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Medina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them.

Requiring four witnesses for adultery conviction has nothing to do with the gossip about Aisha.

Someone saying they are an expert on Yea Forums does not make it so, source claims in the future please

Neither is life affiming, "life denial" is a Schopenhauer value aligned with "deny himself" the New Testament extols. Life affirmation is a reverse value posited by Nietzsche

Attached: quote-ibn-ata-allah-said-god-may-open-up-for-you-the-gates-of-obedience-but-without-opening-yusuf-al (850x400, 104K)

Yeah except I don't have friends or a woman that loves me or any goals I'm proud of.
I have many regrets though..

>Requiring four witnesses for adultery conviction has nothing to do with the gossip about Aisha.
Neither does the passage you quoted?
In any case plenty of the other points are absolutely valid, such as the "peace" doctrines being abrogated by later verses and the fact that Mohammed was a shy autist using his holy text (Allah's words in fact!) to tell people not to bother him at home lmao

What I quoted was to show that rape is not Zina, or rather it is compounded by the more serious charge of fomenting disorder (that is, behaving in such a qay that you pass from deliquent friend into enemy of the people, as if you were at war with the ummah). Such a charge incurs death and does not need four witnesses

>such as the "peace" doctrines being abrogated by later verses

Muhammed's early injuction to pacifism (quite prudent if you are outnumbered in a hostile country) was abrogated, but this injuction was never part of the Qur'an. The Qur'an says don't start wars, but it does command you finish them and exact tribute, also to put prisoners the sword if they are treaty-breakers.

> The Qur'an says don't start wars

nice lies, mudslime

Attached: 1549664330026.jpg (1336x6290, 2.37M)

>talking to someone
Nah. Just coworkers.
>stuck on an ex
Nope I cut her out of my life.
>chasing someone who's taken
Why? That's pointless
>Ignoring someone who wants you
Nope. Anyone I associate with is in a relationship with kids/married.

Muhammed stopped marrying women after revelation limited wives to four, most women he married before that were widows he married out of compassion

Yes, sex with slaves is permitted (except Muslim slaves, who must be married first). However if you get an kafir slave pregnant, you cannot sell her, her child is free (so is she if you pass away), and you must pay a pension to her.

A biased translation doesn't mean Sunnis have the doctrine of taqiyya (they don't, which this liar would know) anymore than biased translatioms of Christian works mean taqiyya is a Christian doctrine. The bias here is probably because Muhammed explicitly said do not cut too much in female circumcision as the clitoris is good for the wife and the husband.

To say Avicenna read and was influenced by Hippocrates is correct. To say he did no more than copy him is either ignorance or deception. I don't want to go through all of this because it makes such broad generalizations with minimal effort to substantiate them. Which means I have to do all the reasearch the guy making the assertions should be doing

Where'd you get that statistic user? I don't think the census bureau was around back then.

Longevity Among Hunter-Gatherers by Michael Gurven and Hillard Kaplan.

Tristram Shandy, Gulliver's Travels and Winnie-the-Pooh and House at Pooh Corner are my favorite fiction books probably. Life is funny.

I read books to have a conversation with the author. I don't want to listen to some obese 50 year old basement dweller telling me his wet fantasy about this hot elf girl who would totally dig him if only he were born into a fantasy world where he's the magic chosen one and has a wicked sense of humor.

You do know there are actual hunter-gatherers living today right? And they don't have that many 75 year olds.

>I read books to have a conversation with the author.

When we read, another person thinks for us: we merely repeat his mental process. It is the same as the pupil, in learning to write, following with his pen the lines that have been pencilled by the teacher. Accordingly, in reading, the work of thinking is, for the greater part, done for us. This is why we are consciously relieved when we turn to reading after being occupied with our own thoughts. But, in reading, our head is, however, really only the arena of some one else’s thoughts. And so it happens that the person who reads a great deal — that is to say, almost the whole day, and recreates himself by spending the intervals in thoughtless diversion, gradually loses the ability to think for himself; just as a man who is always riding at last forgets how to walk.

Such, however, is the case with many men of learning: they have read themselves stupid.

That's wrong. Read the relevant literature. Lots of modern hunter-gatherers live into their 70s and beyond.

haha

?

It's discussed in the article I referenced.

>die at 30 from blunt trauma.
Nah, I think this user is right: , once you get past the infant mortality rates, average life expectancy was probably surprisingly higher than what the memes tell us. I don't know about 72 but I'd guess late 50s or early 60s was probably oftentimes achieved and surpassed, just my guess though. They didn't have many sugars in their diet so their teeth lasted longer, and if they sprayed their ankle it's not like they were going to instantly starve to death, they had their tribe to fall back on and help them. We built this civilization to be more comfortable but at the same time there are probably some people who would have fared better in pre-historic woods with the training and knowledge that their parents and tribe provided necessary for survival versus now with the no-training their parents provide and no tribe.

Then go and make some tea!

I think he is also confusing Abu Bakr with Fakhruddin Razi lol. I doubt Abu Bakr would either be called best or Muslim by anyone. I cannot forgive the other Razi either for his idea that prophets are sinless and God is 'outside' of time and space both of which directly contradict The Holy Book and how it was understood till then. Orthodoxy is always a disease. We need more Ibn Sina and Farabis.

>doesn't have the reading comprehension to understand a post
>posts copypasta that isn't even applicable and thinks he's being clever
cringe. this is why i should be reading rather than speaking to retards like you.

>2019
>still being "depressed"
lmaoing at your life buddy

t. so mad he projects his insecurity about his own intellect on others

I was born in 2000, didn't have much time to get undepressed

>argues so-and-so is not orthodox
>then says orthodoxy is a disease

Which is it?

All you can do is either get over it or be one of those annoying fucks that keeps talking about what their therapist said/prescribed and using their diagnosis as an excuse for the slightest discomfort. Pick the first. Life only sucks if you look at it that way.

wow i'm cured

>this is how women see the world

I didnt argue that. If you were familiar with the Islamic tradition youd know the innocence (inability to sin) of Prophets is a dogma and often pointed as the reason why Jewish/Christian scripture is corrupted (e.g. Lot and his daughters). That God is in the sky vs. out f time and space as well is a topic Salafis and Sunnis are split on and accuse one another of being infidels about. I think the best route is to say 'these are just figurative stories' or argue, ad the best mu'tazilites did, that the qur'an cant be the word of God because it is far from perfect. What is orthodox changes and is established in opposition to heretics. I prefer the heretics.

>tfw autocorrect changes based to best

Are your parents cousins?

normies are fucking useless
they are a literal slave class because all they are good for is their labour value

you could not prove me wrong if you had 10,000 years

Grandparents are first cousins actually yes

I knew from your post you were inbred lol

Okay, I'm angry now

none of the authors you listed justify and foster negative feelings.

>tfw no gf

Attached: 1556311419374.png (496x426, 289K)

>not a normie
>forced into slave class because born poor
>terrible fit, miserable
what do?

they expect one of us in the wreckage, brother

I refer you to sweetie

>normies are useless
>normies are useful for their labor
there, took me 2 seconds

Neetbux If you live in the first world. Many people have the same quality of life economically on bennies than working if your only other option is working poorfag jobs

I'm sorry I said this now, I'm the retard, fuck all religions, not you

they are useless apart from their labour value, ergo slaves
3 seconds

But I only leave my house for work and none of my co-workers will talk to me for more than a minute unless its work related :(

>implying they don't have lives apart from their labor
>implying they are not alive while they are working
get the fuck out of here Ted

>you have proven me wrong so I will just make your proof the exception from the rule

I haven't seen such retardation in a while

go live innawoods if you think you can survive without their contributions. not saying you can't, it might be the best for you. just asking you to be consistent.

God, I'd forgotten how pathetic this place was. I'm so glad I have sex now.

kahlil gibran, the new testament &psalms, tao te ching

Have sex

teach me your ways
or are you perhaps a woman

tell us about the sex, you like the sex, yes?

Attached: 40037380.jpg (512x288, 33K)

I think she was attracted to me because she was a nerdy, virginal farm girl and I was a degenerate drug addict and she wanted to "change" me. I don't really understand it myself desu.

I do. She has a creampie fetish so every time I cum in her she instantly orgasms.

only virgins think having sex is an accomplishment

not the poster, but a dude who gets laid. sex fucking sucks. it's probably shitty advice, but stop caring about it so much and you'll get laid. Have you seen those annoying fucking commercials for axe body spray that are like "you're hotter when you're cool?" and tell dudes to chill out and girls will like them. They're cancerous but unironically onto something. relax. sex isn't even that great. let the woman come to you - be who you are and you'll attract somebody, and then you let them take as much of the lead as them and you'll end up fucking. it feels good, but makes people act weird as shit afterwards. altho I'm biased because I was raped by a man when I was younger and have issues with sex most ppl don't deal with

damn that's nice, my fetish is allowing myself to be changed

What do normalfags even do with all their friends and loved ones all day? Quasimodo no understand

Have sex

>I was a degenerate drug addict
Once a shitbag, always a shitbag. Give it up, the best you can do for the people that love you is dying

hi normie

it was a low effort shitpost and i use "useless" as a blanket insult, maybe i should have read my post before posting it but hey fuck me for fixing my mistakes huh

should admit that even tho i said all that shit i still get my dick sucked like twice a week cause I think with my dick more than my brain sometimes and why the fuck shouldn't I if I can

>if you think you can survive without their contributions
never implied i did

It is possible to change, but you must distance yourself from the person you used to be (growing closer to Christ never hurts). Sometimes I think about the life I used to live and can't even believe that was me.

you guys must be so fucking boring. All you have to do is have a decently interesting and multi-dimensional personality and there should be fucking lines of dumbasses waiting to fuck you. there's so many horny people in this world

>hi normie
I'm the farthest thing from it there is, and yet I can admit to normal fags' humanity. Some people HAVE to work to feed themselves and through it they also find friends, is that what irks you?

I have sex but no friends

woah thanks bro, I'll keep doing me!
I'll avoid people at every opportunity, talk to nobody, and stay at home - women will flock to such relaxation I'll be swimming in pussy in no time

Attached: 1556325006610.jpg (1000x718, 487K)

hate to break it to you toots, all those men aren’t fucking you because they like your personality

lmao I'm a man. and they're women (most of them).

i don't see how "having a life" makes someone useful, especially when 99% of it consists of wasting all your money chasing sti ridden whores in nightclubs, watching netflix and talking to your coworkers about what show you watched on netflix

in fact i SHOULD say that slaves have it better because they are given a home and food by default but these are real late night shitpost hours so i dont care lol

you called them useless tho. there's only a small step from admitting that you need them to being nice to them.

read my other post

read my previous publications

ok fine, you admit they aren't useless, just think they're lesser than you. do you kick your cat for no reason too?

you misinterpreted me - i mean express your actual personality to ppl and don't be like weird and give off weird vibes cause you're focused on sex. but true, you have to interact with actual girls to fuck any of them

Have sex

Can the normalfag fathom what it is like to not have a job, to not have friends, to not have women, to not have a place to live?

Your advice isn't good but it's fine because people who whine about being incel don't actually want good advice they want to wallow in misery.

>tfw no desire for sex but still depressed
i'm the incel among incels

my other post is an indirect reply to that other post you made

hey listen here cumbrain i love animals, maybe even more than humans but we can never live in a >society without slaves unless we change our dna or breed ourselves to become better

kinda hard to achieve goals if they are all tied to some abstract ideal state of being. It's the torture that comes with being an artist/idealist

what's some good advice. I've been asked multiple times by ppl "how to get laid" and I always give some bullshit similar to this. idk what to actually say. any suggestions?

talk about random redundant shit, practice some sports, watch tv, work for school or whatever job they have, then go to sleep and wake up to do it all over again. Yeah, I'm glad I'm not part of that, or at least not enough to have anyone like that to talk to

>1
Nah
>2
never had one
>3
I've met a lot of people who have been taken. Never surprised usually.
>4
ahahahahah no.

The world is divided into two groups, firstly the people who are "in"; they have friends, they have sex, they don't need advice as it's as natural for them as breathing. These are normies.

The second group of people, the actual social outcasts and autists, no matter how hard they try, they will never belong. Any advice is useless for them. They simply didn't have the opportunities to learn this while young, they don't have social behaviors hard-wired in their brains. As such, they will never learn to have genuine social connections, even if they learn a set of steps to follow, it will be like AI learning how to copy art styles: it has no idea what art even is, what to feel and what to do.

>tfw there was a time when 4 was true, but I was too autistic to realize it, now have none of those

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (206x176, 370K)

>I've met a lot of people who have been taken.
>I'm not talking to anyone

Which is it? Seems like a these points actually apply to you.

The concept of the normie is one of the many overly generalizing terms spawned out of the collective Yea Forums mind, composed of developmentally delayed individuals. They do not have the mental capacity to see the world in it's complexities, and have to revert to made up stereotypes and black and white thinking to make sense of it.

t. Well adjusted, normal person

Attached: ab5a1cd45745159de3d164aaa7796935.png (479x356, 231K)

Attached: fc4.jpg (540x720, 53K)

you're goddamned right

>Good friends
It's very hard for me to connect with them. I have no problem talking to people and interacting with them, but I can't form bonds with them
>Goals achieved
It doesn't make me feel happy, just momentary gratification, but nothin' else
>Pet who is happy to see you
It makes me feel sad how I can't love my dog back
>tea a cookies
It makes me feel worse, thank you
>gf
No

Attached: 1556842408212.jpg (316x311, 42K)

you're right, and I'm developmentally delayed

I honestly dont think Yea Forums is that much of a collective hive mind as people say it is. Even in this thread you have people advocating for both sides of the arguement. There are always contrarians, in contrast to other places like r/ddit.
If you look close, everyone has a diferent preception of what normie means. Even the "normal" people in the world like to see things as black and white and use stereotypes. So imo your critiques arent exclusive to this place.

well said

Its hard to put into words. The best I can say is learn to play, literally. Mammals play so they can solve social disputes without violence, and there's a dedicated neural circuit for play (thanks Peterson)
When you're socializing you should be playing, it should be fun for you and the people you're socializing with. Because you're simply playing you don't have to feel anxiety about talking to new people, and if you get a hostile reaction you just don't play with that person. But most people will warm up after they figure out your game, which is where the 'don't be creepy just focused on sex' comes in, you need to play a different game. If your game is just 'have sex' you're directly competing with all the other unsophisticated men playing the same game with the same goal and the Woman of the evening is the referee and the net. If you expand your game to something like 'have fun' or 'socialize' then you elevate yourself. That's my best take

just let me take your cherry

Disagree. I have managed to close the gap and now I believe the extra distance gives me a unique perspective. But it did not come naturally

the world is absurdly complex, humans have to generalize to make sense of it, that's essentially what our brains do all the time. It's just that some people have to do it more than others, because they have limited mental capacity. The more details you can juggle, the more complex your thought process and the more intelligent you are.
Intelligence isn't limited to a single field though. You can be developmentally delayed in one area, but perfectly up to speed in other areas.

I know I have a developmental delay in my ability to process pragmatic, visual information. However, at the same time I have no trouble at all juggling around dozens of words, sentences, musical phrases etc. in my head. They are not correlated, so in certain situations I'll always end up at the bottom, whilst in others I end up at the top.

This is also the cause of many of my insecurities. I'm at the stage where I have to integrate myself into society, but I struggle to do so because of my lagging skills. I suspect there are more people on here than they care to admit. They hide behind the "normie" bashing posts, but in reality they're projecting their insecurities onto people who can do what they struggle with.

Just wanted to say that it's alright guys, maybe your integration into this world isn't going as smoothly as you see with others. So what? Eventually you learn to live with yourself, and how you have to play the cards you were dealt. Even if you don't, life is too precious to waste, there's too much beauty to be found to just call it quits.

>tfw you know that this will just keep happening

Attached: crying.jpg (480x378, 57K)

youtu.be/ngWTmYqqKxE
youtu.be/p5zCu2MmmCg
youtu.be/dAufvkHj16g
youtu.be/eCFn4c1QpTM
youtu.be/H6yPLpfaGQI

bee yourself!

Attached: F74732CD-4DEC-464D-815E-AEE587CCB859.png (20x20, 1K)

>i don't see how "having a life" makes someone useful
"having a life" is a normies pejorative term, it doesn't mean anything, everyone has a life, but what is useful as well, can you define it?

very good take

>Goethe - justifying and fostering negative feelings.
Pic related. Decent b8 though

Attached: C-h6Q6nUMAA1yH2.jpg (750x365, 27K)

tfw when 4 is true but she’s a 4

>implying Sorrows and the first part of Faust aren't puer aeternus "woe is me" af

thanks for the selfie though

Tolstoy wrote life-affirming uplifting fiction
Dosto explicitly has a faithful Orthodox hope in everything he wrote and saw faith as an answer
Camus is barely discussed here and considered entry-level, but absurdism was not about misery
By "early Goethe" you literally only mean The Sorrows of Young Werther, a histrionic parody of misery-wank, which he never wrote anything like again and which Yea Forums doesn't discuss
Every single example even in your intentionally cherry-picked post except for Kafka fails what you're trying to use them for, learn to read

Thank you that's very validating to read

>Tolstoy wrote life-affirming uplifting fiction
it seems kind of lame when you put it.

This is actually a very good way to put into words the way someone good at interacting with people interacts with strangers

This.
>tfw no diploma
>tfw no gf
>tfw no friends
>tfw drug-addict and miserable
>tfw hideous
>tfw fat

Attached: 68DADC05-F5B8-4F65-B66D-EACE4D8D60A3.jpg (615x350, 58K)

>The Sorrows of Young Werther,
>a histrionic parody of misery-wank

Everything you wrote in your post was a bit iffy, but this? What the fuck?
How are you not familiar with the two quotes from Goethe:

>"It must be bad, if not everybody was to have a time in his life, when he felt as though Werther had been written exclusively for him."
> "That was a creation which I, like the pelican, fed with the blood of my own heart."

He wrote it when he was 24 and stood behind every word of it back then, only moving away from romanticism when he grew up.

>the collective Yea Forums mind
>They do not have the mental capacity to see the world in it's complexities
>revert to made up stereotypes and black and white
>the collective Yea Forums mind
Ironic

What... What is the source?

In that case, can you even say you are depressed? If you are a NEET, underachiever, don't have friends, don't have anyone to talk to and things to look forward to then feeling shit seems like a completely normal response. It shows your brain is functioning properly and telling you to make changes in your life. It's the opposite of mental illness.

there is literally nothing to look forward to in this late capitalist wasteland and you're literally a lying faggot desperately trying to convince himself otherwise if you try and push the "optimism" meme in the era of global ecocide, multinational monopolization, social credit and endless neocon wars

there is NOTHING redeemable about this timeline

Attached: clapping-hands-medium-dark-skin-tone.png (256x256, 45K)

>and then you let them take as much of the lead as them
what does this mean?

People never lived in caves. This meme has to stop. There are drawings in caves because caves are an ideal environment for conservation, while all the drawings outside are long gone.

>tfw all four apply to you

Help me my brain is about to explode.

It is courtship.
If you think all your ancestors didn't have sex before marriage and didnt regularly commit adultery boy do I have bad news.

Well said user. I’ve since ditched my “normie” mentality years ago, but I have similar insecurities and anxiety that I still possess deep down that I fight.

Thanks for the you
I am not him but I will explain, first read this
Girls (all people really) hate to feel forced into things. So you don't dictate her behavior. But you're the one running the game, it's your game of 'have fun' and so you don't dictate the other players actions but you can make the rules (be careful not to make games that others don't want to play, it has to be fun for everyone), and you can refuse to play games you aren't interested in.
So you set the game up but then you let her have free reign within the framework of the game you're playing, and you encourage her to engage more with the game and have more fun and they'll pull you into having sex with them because sex is fun and basically all they know how to do that's fun.

I haven't read Goethe, but Kafka is really the only one on there that could be considered a "misery wank"
Something tells me you haven't read these authors, OP

Attached: 1557348352394.gif (295x221, 554K)

What drug are you addicted to?

I'm pretty sure Kafka found it all hilarious, lough out loud funny

There's much more human misery in Dostoevsky than in Kafka.

Unironically though

>ITT: People who think they are more 'useful' than other wastemen

hm, thats a very interesting way of looking at things and probably the best description ive seen for this type of thinking.
thanks user

I feel sorry for you LMAO fag

is this picture like a "just b urself ;)" except for clinically depressed people?
god, that's pathetic

Have sex

But it's the backdrop for hope. Which Dosto novels have given you this impression?
The Metamorphosis is much more of a misery wank than any Dosto, and it doesn't have anything close to a happy ending

It seems to me like most authors write out of some kind of negative feelings
In general I think negative feelings are far more motivating than good ones
So If you're motivated to write by negative feelings you're probably motivated to read by them as well
I mean this is mostly just what life is all about managing the negative things struggling to put it simply
If everything was good all the time we wouldn't even need things like books

How do you acquire neetbux?

>>tfw no diploma
better than me. i spent £45k on a psychology degree

Its a joke

Negative feelings need to be processed, generally inspire action, anger-> revenge
Or sadness-> grieving while positive feelings are based out of contentment and satiation and being rewarded. It makes sense to me

B-but the GDP! Anyway, shut up. You have an iPhone. I bet the commies don't have iPhones, aren't you happy you have an iPhone?

>justifying and fostering negative feelings
aside from the occasional gem, that is 98% of this website

I think psychology is interesting. Why the trash talk, just pandering to Yea Forums or do you regret the job market or what

Good thing I have all those things haha...

Someone is jealous.

Reddit actually has a bunch of different opinions but the downvote system just makes it so the most popular ones get pushed to the top. Sort by controversial for any political topic and you will see views just like /pol/

On /pol/ you still can see other people with diferent opinions replying and getting a bunch of "you"s , its visible for everyone while on reddit it gets hidden.
>Reddit actually has a bunch of different opinions
Lol, most controversial opinions result in ban unless they are something purely subjective, even the mods themselves ban shit based on their personal opinion.

>MUH PEEPEE EXPLOSION

Pretty much. The problem is governments care about survivalabliy at age zero, and at age 5 mostly, S0,S5. But if you make it to age 18 you personally do not care about those numbers and want to know the S18 data, which is surprising hard to find.
If you average all births then maybe yeah it would be 30, but that includes tons of dead babies, if you made it past age 15 you should expect to live till at least 65.
We know people in Roman times and the medieval era would make it that old all the time, and they basically had zero effective health care. No sanitation, no real treatment for most problems, biggest killers were cancers, but they were much rarer pre industry, plus they got tons of exercise, having to walk everywhere

No, but the Myth of Sisyphus, arguably his most powerful piece of work, was a very inspiring essay that had an optimistic undertone.

Seriously I'd rather spend my time on Yea Forums and Yea Forums lately. I feel like teenagers like you are way more qualified to talk about cartoons, comic books and movies about cartoons and comic books than they are to talk about books.

клacc, хopoший мeм

Crime and Punishment.

In a way that statistic doesn't surprise me, since I live in a retirement community with plenty of guys well into their 80s whose hale and hardy health is more typical of people who didn't grow up seated in front of screens and getting half their calories from high fructose corn syrup. Of course my fat gramma didn't make it far into her 70s, though her old manlet didn't stop gardening till 95. The human animal is pretty tough once it's grown up.

If your goal is a diploma, you deserve to be depressed. A degree is a means not an ends

Based

As far as I’m concerned “depressed” is a synonym for stupid

There is nothing wrong with this. Your depression isn't any more authentic because you don't have friends or a girlfriend.

Yeah, it still means Reddit has a lot of different opinions like I said.

T."""depressed""" normie

Depression is not a rational feeling of sadness. It is a state of feeling nothing but the unwarranted shame of not feeling anything, which makes you abnormal. This comic is either satire of the worlds misconception of what depression is, or is made by a shitheel who don’t understand what true depression feels like.

idk man i havent seen much desu.

I believe its often largely physical. Even rats get depressed if you lock them in a cage and feed them stimulants.

>zero effective health care
They had a lot of insanely good surgeons. The lack of anaesthesia is what made people fear them, but they did successful operations (including cancer) which the modern world struggles to recreate and did them especially fast compared to modern standards. It's only when anaesthesia becomes possible that people start doubting Galen could operate that quickly or well. Up until that, if you wanted to see a recreation of one of his surgeries, you just went and sat in the surgery theatre, but modern medicine likes to pride itself on being the only competent medicine so there has been a collective forgetting and denial of former great surgeons.

Don't even acknowledge brainlets, they have no concern for the truth and will drag you down to their level.

Existentialists only strip off conscious illusions, they stop before glimpsing into the time independent void

>gf
>goals
>pet
>friends
>no books in the image
now i know why he's depressed

>Mere Ssdness being indicative of pessimism
I thought you'd like it, it's you!

Can you elucidate about your journey from sperg to normie

Fixed it for you

Attached: Untitled.png (750x684, 779K)

Is that that Scandinavian luddite philosopher? Can't remember his name

>you're depressed because you don't notice tea and cookies
normies are slaves

Attached: homer_shotgun.jpg (500x375, 74K)

Based

poor you :(

>200 posts over some dumb picture from tumblr

yours was 222th

Broadly agree, but I am not a fan of linking intelligence and complexity so narrowly. (obv being able to process complexity plays a role).
Humans are not computers. Raw processing power does not mean smarter. In many cases true intelligence is being able to filter out the noise and see the simple truth.

Give up post modernism

I'm extraordinarily appreciative of every drop of tea that comes my way.

have sex with me please

based tea appreciators

Sure, although I wouldn't describe myself as normie. first read my posts on game theory here
I won't get into the personal details of my journey too much. I'll just share anecdotal things that helped me piece together my model.
I noticed that in college there's no assigned seating but people still sit in the same place every day. When I changed where I sat randomly, it made the other people in the class uncomfortable- self aware of their place in the room and of their potential to move, limited only by comfort and social convention. I started trying to indulge and abstract this feeling.
that's where I got my stuff on playing from- Peterson's stuff also was helpful, although I think I mostly had grasp of it, his stuff helped me to justify my theories and put into words.
when I was in middle school I told my mom that I was going to stop focusing on academics so I could figure out this 'social' thing. My grades have never been all A since (until this most recent semester in college!) but I say that to show how long I've been working on it.
in middle school.
I'll share a cringe anecdote from middleschool so you can see how far I've come. I had just moved to a new school and I went to the dance and some girls (were making fun of me) and got me to dance to "pop lock and drop it" and I did because I didn't know it was a "girl dance."
cringe.
Also, before I could start working on getting "normalized" I had to cut through many layers of self deception. I was a pathological liar and I lived in my head rather than in the world as such. I had to start telling the truth as much as I could so I could perceive the truth so I could interact with the world correctly. When you lie all the time and someone asks you a question about (thing you did yesterday) , you don't try to remember the answer because you're used to lying as a response to stimuli. So your brain doesn't really connect you to the world in the way a truth tellers does.

This is the most pointless shit I've read in days. Not only you did not answer the question but you still write like a sperg

you kiss your autism doctor with that mouth gay boy

its hard to put into words, really. If you'd like clarification on something specific I can try to rephrase or clarify. I'm trying to condense 10 years of learning about unspoken social conventions into a paragraph on 4channel

Wait, you didn't had sex before? What were you? What does it feel to be neither a man nor a woman?

Consider the possibility that they're in those positions as a consequence of their depression. People with dysthymia might still be able to function normally like the guy in OP's pic but severe depression is debilitating and destroys lives. Though one should never look at it fatalistically and resign themselves to it. And, I should add, I think virtually all forms of depression are normal responses to some abnormality or other, be it biological, environmental, or both. People who think they're depressed for no reason just haven't discovered what that reason is.

>severe depression is debilitating and destroys lives.

They have nothing to blame but themselves, certainly not an imaginary affliction that is simply a shared characteristic among genetic dead ends.

you're a joke

it is you who is the joke

How is it even possible to be such a fucking ignorant retard in an age where even the most minor minutia is available at your fingertip. Literally how the fuck are normalfags more retarded than illiterate peasants.

Attached: 1556725257358.jpg (164x180, 7K)

>how dare they not acknowledge my depression!

kek

>do nothing all day
>feel no pressure or motivation to move forward
yeah haha!
distracted!!

Underrated

We don't rate posts on 4channel. Go back to your website.

My website is Yea Forums 4channel pleb

should have stayed on /pol/ then, along with other redditors

God, Russian gramma is fucked in so many waya possible. I know I just started, but fuck I sweat whenever I read anything.

Yes. Pentti Linkola.

Attached: 005740_244.jpg (800x800, 129K)

/pol sux i pinch my dirty thing to rekt guro on /b

Based

That's a crispy meme, but the one mistake I find in it is the font. That pseudo-gothic doesn't really fit him as it evokes some Germanic and industrial Central-European vibes (and edgy nu-nationalists) rather than trekking out into the northern wilderness.
Something along these lines would be more suitable.

Attached: v3x.gif (658x684, 92K)

Natural state of man is being theist. Depression is the logical outcome of materialism.

Thanks

Yeah you're right. If i work really hard on conforming i might make it in time to have a midlife crisis at 35

If you're a genetic dead end, wouldn't existence itself be a kind of affliction? Like, "I'm not really equipped to be alive, but here I am anyway"? Who would be masochistic enough to blame himself for some hereditary shortcoming? That's like making an idol to the cruelest possible god you can imagine and worshiping it non-stop.

My perspective on this is similar. I don't like to weigh in on "muh depression" because a lot of people use the mental health excuse to exonerate themselves for flaws in their character. I'm a normal guy who's had a lot of great life experiences: great friends, great relationship with my parents, never wanted for anything essential. The only thing 'wrong' in my life is the cyclic depressive episodes I experience: I can have several months of complete normality and then be plunged into a severely depressive state without warning. To feel it coming on is terrifying, because I know it will threaten everything I've "built" while not depressed - relationships, academics, career successes. I have to pace desperately back and forth, dunk my head in ice water, run until I throw up to keep the "rigor mortis" of this thing from spreading through my body. Eventually (after a couple weeks to a month) the fog lifts, and I'm normal again - but until that time, I'm an absolute wreck.

Had I not started to get these episodes, I never would've taken depression seriously. In many cases, I still don't, as the difference between a malingerer and a severely depressed individual is pretty apparent. All the best to anyone dealing with this shit - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

>Natural state of man is being theist.

A natural state does not imply value, as death, sex and violence are the main pillars of nature. What is nature, but a product of evolution, and what is evolution, but a mad climb upwards on piles of corpses? Nature is mindless.

Depression and despair are the first step on the road out of this vile natural order, and to tear it down we have to tear down the one who put it in place. Today, we have to power of the ancient gods, to fly, cast forth lightning, fire and brimstone. Soon, we will hold the power of life and creation. There is no need for primitive superstition.

Attached: 1535909900707.png (700x700, 618K)

and redpilled

this, pic related

Attached: sopranos1.jpg (1294x1496, 95K)

>Natural state

Kek

You can be a weirdo and still be successful with a gf. It's just that you specifically are an unlikeable worthless subhuman.

>Uses tools
>Organized social structure
>Primitive art and philosophy

Yeah nah

Based honesty

>A natural state does not imply value
kid. . .

Attached: kid.jpg (194x260, 8K)

I don't care what some ancient goat-herder thinks.

You sound like a particularly likable and worthy human being.

i'm exactly the same. my cup of tea is a very nice part of the day

Can you elaborate on this, what do you mean by "rules"? I get that socialization is about facilitating positive interactions and that's easier when people are genuine and don't have obvious ulterior motives, but how do you set "rules" in a conversation?

Kant and Spinoza

9001 hours in paint

Attached: meme edit.jpg (750x684, 71K)

Damn...

It's coming out of that state and being depressed is the problem. Normalfags who've had it good most of their life have no idea what being depressed means.
I've wanted to kill myself for the last 7 but within the last 4 I've accomplished some things and I still see myself doing it every day. I only find solace in books, the internet and video games but other than I'm a loser downer who'll never find true love because I'm an autist with superiority complex.
It's the realization of permanent traits that leave people depressed.

Attached: Screenshot_20190510-164126.png (1440x2560, 1.12M)

>You can be a weirdo and still be successful with a gf

no you cannot

Depends on the weirdness.
Stop soiling my name, please.

Kubrick had a wife whilst inhaling oxygen, he was a cinema genius, described as "crazy"

sure. They're not codified, but normies have a knack for intuiting them. You set up rules in a conversation by strategically applying positive reinforcement. Basically, don't give (you)s to shitposts applied IRL.
Also, don't play other people's games except as a subset within your elevated game (ie- flirting can be fun). Most people are not operating beyond the most base level and are not being genuine, so you have to kind of feel things out and try to pull people up into being more genuine, or at least don't let them pull you down to their level.
It really is mostly intuitive though. Practice playing. You can play in almost every situation, alone or with people you know or with strangers and it will improve the subjective quality of the interaction for everyone involved. Practice, get used to it, and suddenly one day you'll see how basically all social interactions at every level of society are driven by petty games.

Exactly

Sorry I’ve neglected your thread. My rec
Depression is often linked with loneliness

Attached: CA5BFBD0-7BBD-4619-822D-AC8B27FA6204.jpg (333x499, 20K)

holy fuck /litards really are my people

woah...

>logical speculation is not natural
then what is it? you are using a poor definition of 'natural' here at best

Literally me, good for you that you enjoy tea user. The thing is that I'm not depressed, just an insane autist who fills all his time with a slew of hobbies. I probably would be depressed if I had to work for the life I live, I don't think it would be worth it at that point, but I'm still content being a parasite

>"you're depressed because you have no hobbies!"
>get some hobbies
>they drain my fucking wallet like crazy
>can't afford anything else because i can't find a job

Attached: 1555406441131.png (1768x1178, 1.03M)

get some cheaper hobbies

>and what is evolution, but a mad climb upwards on piles of corpses?
what are you talking about?

get a job

write retard

kys kys shoo shoo normalfag

retard

suck a dick

i defecate in your general direction

I'm not even a footfag and this made me diamonds holy fuck.

Don't say anything. You have no useful advice to give.

I dont have any of the things in that image.

this

go to the store and get some tea and cookies, then you'll have one thing at least

>i think people that have X are happy
>therefore people without X would be happy with X
>therefore people without X would be happier attempting to attain X
>btw i'm ignoring that some people with X kill themselves
ok shill

This is where I'm at/hope to be but I'm only leeching off my parents and not society as a whole and want to change that. How did you arrive at your lifestyle?

I'm leeching off my parents too. I also hope to be able to leech off society someday (by making a living as an artist)

/thread

The comic talks about people who has those things, retard. If you don't then go right ahead and play the victim like you're used to.

haha

>has shelter
meme depression