Book Recommendation Thread

Can we have one of these? Anons ask for a book, other anons respond.

I'll go first: I'm looking for a book with a dark setting, no fantasy or SF, just reality based fiction. It can be with crimes, mental illnesses, a shitty abusive family, rape, as long as it's dark, I'm fine with it.

Attached: AcbjMdagi.jpg (731x413, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!dlZlDbqL!TXG5bGvWufONkrQAL7b7jA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Crime and Punishment.

120 days of Sodom

I've read it a few years ago, thank you anyways!

Thank you, user. I'll give it a shot!

I need a rec. I want to read something with a lot of meaning behind it, probably fiction, something that will make me uneasy while reading it.

I know the description is a bit autistic but if you faggots could help me, it would be much appreciated.

The Tunnel by Will Gass

Conspiracy against the human race

How do I get into poetry? I've read Wilde and want to go with Rimbaud next. Didn't like TS Elliot. What now?

Why don't you try Lucian Blaga?

Not bad. Thank you user.

No problem.

>not really sure how wants to spend rest of his life, education or job-wise
>underachiever
>+120 iq from online tests, mediocre in everything in real life
>interest change every day
>not lonely or depressed
>don't use drugs

Something with a relatable main character would be nice. Someone recommended Maugham's of Human Bondage, haven't gotten around to it yet

I would like to read something about the cossacks, academic non-fiction history preferred. Timeframe or regional context not important. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attached: 1544476885933.jpg (770x1028, 231K)

I'm looking for biographies of people in high places pre-1800. Bonus points if warfare isn't the main focus.

Potemkin - Montefiore
Catherine the Great + Peter the Great - Massie
Ivan the Terrible - Troyat
Mehmed the Conqueror - Babinger
Suleiman the Magnificent - Clot
Frederick the Great - Asprey

take a lot at the /his/ mega
mega.nz/#F!dlZlDbqL!TXG5bGvWufONkrQAL7b7jA
there's quite a few academic books on the cossacks

Much obliged, user.

Murakami - A wild sheep chase and Dance x3. I know it's a meme in here, but that's the description I can think of. He's an underachiever but smart, quits his job, does use alcohol and cigarettes but nothing more, is not depressed but lonely (He's looking for a girl in the second book)

I could use a rec. I want something comfy to read, when it's raining, it's cold and you drink a hot tea, covered with the softest blanket out there. What book would you recommend for this?

Gimme something epic in scope yet gentle and filled with lots of little bits of wisdom like East of Eden
Awful mess on the via merulana
And then there were none

So...ten little niggers? I've read it. Any other recs that come to mind? I've read most of her books.

I want to read a book with characters like Heathcliff and Cathy from Wuthering Heights

Hmm... a personal favorite of mine is House on the Borderland but it seems a lot of people I rec it to can’t really get into it

I'll give it a shot. Thank you so much!

Attached: 1323744584870.jpg (120x117, 3K)

Thank you

Ficciones by Jorge Luis Borges.

Not a recommendation, but what was that one book about some child sex slave being pimped to truckers or some shit? I think it came out in the UK and it's probably one of the most fucked novels ever published but for the life of me I can't remember what the hell it was even called.

Anything about the power of symbolism, esoteric stuff, roman catholic mythos.

Hogg, maybe.