*completes metaphysics*

*completes metaphysics*

Attached: 0cd5e145141fbed880dbb2850b3b84d1--abd-islam.jpg (236x240, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/reneguenon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: D01C641B-68EE-4D33-AFA9-61AAC01D0165.jpg (710x473, 126K)

>when the mushrooms hit

what exactly would "completing metaphysics" entail?

Being Adi Shankara

Too bad nobody will listen to him. The more philosophy I read, the more right he seems.

now that's a rare guenon

Attached: 17ef6ac6da90cf9a123f314f6843c96b--abd-occult.jpg (236x406, 19K)

Post more rares pls

This picture is a metaphor on how we squander the immense power of the human brain for pathetic ends.

Attached: 5d9324_d8e1660499a94a4895a43a63edc971a7_mv2.jpg (313x578, 54K)

Was he even human?

>I have returned, as Gandalf the White

Attached: 18268651_1705494929749680_7189189087390432242_n.jpg (539x797, 39K)

His philosophy is a recrudescence of the problem which ultimately led to the crisis of modernity in the first place. Guenonians can blame the "fall" upon whatever they want, but the source of the issue lies with the very primordial man they glorify.

elaborate

>what is cyclical history

What Guenon proposes the Western man will not be able to emulate. We live in the times of scientism.

Attached: disgusting.jpg (480x360, 20K)

The Sacred is removed from the Profane, correct? The former is untouchable and pure and serves as the fount of all wisdom and order. Whence the anxiety surrounding profanity, then? In rituals we see a delicate performance, and if one thing goes wrong and the sacred object is contaminated, the whole process is forfeit. This is, presumably, what initiates the collapse of the Golden Age, no? The sacrifices are no longer performed with diligence, the prohibitions are no longer respected, the gods are no longer worshipped properly--debauchery and carelessness abound, no? Now, in cyclical history, this "fall" inevitably leads to crisis, and then to the rediscovery of the Sacred. Therefore, there is an inherent problem about the Profane. It cannot govern itself, it cannot order itself. Without the Sacred, it is without wisdom, without lucidity. Evidently, then, the last age meets with this truth--yet how this is so is not clear, since it is in utter darkness and certainly cannot meet with truth. But in fact, it is said that the passing from one age to another happens in darkness, that is, we do not know how the Sacred is rediscovered, how it assumes its place at the head of society. It is a grand mystery and none can solve it, not in the least a scholar, who evidently has already undergone the dark passage within himself, and therefore lies securely in the safe haven of wisdom, even though he is still bound bodily to a profane world. This is why all initiation lies in obscurity, under impenetrable veils, and fantastic scenes. Even the initiate himself does not know what has happened to him. Yet all are certain that a reenactment of creation has taken place, and that the pupil has met with the divine and integrated with it, or perhaps even become it. From what we know of these rites, their secrecy is not merely a needless seal; something goes on in them which is not for profane eyes to see. If the mysteries where suddenly exposed, it is presumed, the whole artifice of sacred society would crumble. A misunderstanding would take place, apparently. Hence, I say, whence the anxiety surrounding such contamination? What is this fragile thing upon which so much rests? Our whole hope for a return to stability and safety?

This is the treasure of primordial man, the jewel of his temples, the object of his rites. But, I say, herein lies the great problem--the unutterable mystery. Here is the seed of all future shipwreck. Cyclical history is the result of a great secret--yet even this has been unveiled and Guenon sees it not.

Good post. Sauce for your thoughts?

alright, which one of you clowns posted this thread?

where the FUCK do I start with Guenon? what are the prereqs and which volume should i pick up on amazon?

where do i start with this guy

preferably something i can read in 6 hours

Should of used that one

Attached: 0664497F-A608-43D6-88C7-E5FF9B0BB4DD.jpg (710x594, 127K)

Attached: 9780801821141-us.jpg (334x500, 67K)

This chart is good to follow, start with his first book 'intro to Hindu doctrines', the first 2/3rds barely talks about Hinduism and is just him explaining all the key ideas and terms that he references in his later books. The only thing with the chart I'd change is that 'Man and His Becoming According to the Vedanta' (1925) should be read before 'The Symbolism of the Cross' (1931). All his books are free online here.

archive.org/details/reneguenon

Attached: 1525880912113.png (6161x5009, 3.81M)

meant for

thanks

Attached: vlcsnap-2016-06-15-12h42m44s38.png (640x480, 267K)

Guenon's symbolism of the cross has to be possibly the most boring book I have ever read, so much so that I simply refused to finish it. The first part is fine, but once it starts talking about representing metaphysical symbolism on the coordinate plane it begins to devolved into pure autism. What he takes to say in half the book can simply be summed up to saying that the coordinate plane shows the microcosm and the macrocosm and be done with it.

Attached: 1541102162300.png (300x300, 15K)

Slayer

In his occultist days

Attached: Guenon-300x355.jpg (300x355, 52K)

Man and His Becoming According to the Vedanta and the Multiple States of the Being go deeper into metaphysics than Symbolism of the Cross, which mostly sketches some of the fundamentals of geometrical symbolism, symbolism and metaphysics goes far beyond geometry though, and this is to a large extent explained in his other books. Also, Symbols of Sacred Science is like Symbolism of the Cross but better and deeper.

Attached: 4fa67e5a06e258822d3c84733812e7c5.jpg (236x250, 11K)

looks something other than human

well, he is french after all