“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction; jealous and proud of it;...

>“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction; jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sado-masochictic, caprciously malevolent bully.”

– Richard Dawkins

Attached: Richard-Dawkins-2.jpg (380x400, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S13094277#p13095965
unqualifiedreservations.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/how-dawkins-got-pwned-part-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if god real then why bad?

>if God real why bad thing happen?
>if God real why he make rules?
>if God real why me no see him like tree and car?
>if God real why penis in butthole bad??
>if God real why my ancestor monkey and fish?

Attached: 1557361601203.jpg (870x1024, 65K)

the idea of a God like that existing is rather unsettling

God is real, but He is not the God of the old testament. If the OT God corresponds to anything real, he is something more like a minor demon.

>modern christian outreach is so bad that they managed to get btfo by a guy who likes bees
l m a o
case in point

a broken clock is right twice a day

Yet he's still less insufferable than Richard Dawkins

Can you answer any of those questions?

The world is like that, God or not. It's almost like religion is one big coping mechanism.

t. gnostic homo

Attached: 1484734150279.jpg (650x488, 39K)

The world can only kill you once though. A malevolent God is a much scarier concept

so basically the Jewish God!
based Gnosis poster

God must be anthropomorphized for humans to understand Him. When God is angry, that does not mean He is angry as humans are

Worse than Zeus. Seriously.
And Jesus? Clearly adopted, but not much better. Him and his conditional love.

It’s the way our ancestors explained why the world and life in general were so harsh.

Attached: DC42B495-7FB0-4A7C-AB3B-EF583939F806.jpg (1024x768, 656K)

It's not exactly like our anger since ours is bogged by ego, selfishness and sinful impulses. But it's still an apt metaphor to say God is angry when such and such happens, in the sense that he disapproves and disdains it.

hope the Demiurge sees this bro

>jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sado-masochictic, caprciously malevolent bully.
Sounds like me desu

>megalomaniacal, caprciously malevolent bully

sounds like yourself Richard.

This.

>Worse than Zeus

Attached: 40745446-8A49-4C82-A844-436DB089FEF1.jpg (504x500, 58K)

I many ways.

Not as bad as the GOP

>God of Old Pestament
what did it mean by this?

Just thinking of you having a collar on while you type this stuff is actually kind of cool.

Thank you butter. :3 You are a kind soul. I hope it wasn't too expensive.

This, but unironically.

Attached: D1EBJOVVAAULaj0.jpg large.jpg (1820x2048, 366K)

as a woman I can tell you are pushing your luck

But so she is then? :3 wow. So cool.

She's being really intellectual right now too. Just imagining her making some of these posts with a collar on that makes her my property is mind boggling.

Bad things happen to produce a system that begets Christ.
He makes moral rules so that man may become one with the eternal character of the Godhead which is pure Good.
You can see God, but it will take much effort.
Homosexuality as well as promiscuity is evil because it can spread disease which is detrimental to the survival of the human race.
Evolution occured to produce the body of man in a self-reliant system (one without God's aid).

Wow, someone has learned about religious beliefs of Ancient Times!
> Anthropomorphic gods, didn't know something like that had existed.

this

Attached: atheists-be-like-guess-i-was-wrong-imglip-com-46198429.png (500x500, 125K)

>dude you just can't understand god with human thinking
laziest argument ever, bonus points for being able to use a big word to make it sound smart

>God is whatever my fantasy of him suggests me
These people are so childish lol

>Being conscious once in the history of time and then literally forever nothing is not scary

K

I wish his name was Dawkhard Richins

ok but why take the default position that God exists?

Why you guys care so much about God is beyond me

christians 1
atheists 0

He was dealing with (((them))) what do you think he was gonna be like?

Would you rather experience an eternity of agony?

>eternal torture in ways unimanigable by an evil malevolent god is more pleasant

This. He doesn't have emotions. Anger = Justice.

muslims 1
kuffars 0

You cannot say that God does not have emotions, that's not how negative theology works.

Jokes on you, I'm a panthiest; Christianity being the moral superior.

Based

preach

Attached: atheists.jpg (453x419, 29K)

>create universe
>NO YOU CANT CONTROL IT

>jealous and proud of it
Sorry Richard if you created the universe and others started worshipping a cow instead of you I think you'd be upset to.
>petty
God has knowledge of all so why wouldn't he focus on the smaller things
>unjust
He can't be unjust since Justice is his axiom
>a vindictive
Nothing wrong with this
>bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser
His problem with people is never their ethnicity. This is pure projection
>a misogynistic homophobic
Nothing misogynistic about acknowledging the difference of your creations. Also homophobia is alright.
>racist
Race is not the problem he has.
>infanticidal genocidal fillicidal
This is the problem you get when looking at God from an atheistic perspective. All those people """unjustly"""" killed get a ticket to literally Paradise.
>inb4 Dante Fanfiction
>pestilential
Its so bizarre that the creator of the universe is everywhere for some reason.
>megalomaniacal
Megalomania means you are overbearing when you shouldn't be. Why should the sustainer of all creation not be overbearing?
>sadomasochistic
Once again conflating justice with sadism
>malevolent
Extremely benevolent since he's willing to give all those who follow him literal eternal bliss
>bully
Nothing is implied here. See the overbearing point. Dawkins should stick to his scientific literature.

OP is gay and not all gay men have sex with boys or vice versa.

I am a man with HIV who has had sex with girls, but I was raised believing it is wrong to have homosexual or bi relationships. In other words, even if I do have sex, it cannot be seen as "unnatural".

But now I am seeing friends, who have experienced same sex activity as their same class classmates, with very little discussion about it at all. I can see why this is so upsetting!

If all these boys had the right information about condoms to look out for when they have sex, this number may not be so high.

A lot of people will be left confused and wondering "Why didn't I know?" if they do have homosexual or bi sex. I have felt this way a lot in my own personal life.

Do other people feel that way too?

My thoughts and experiences are my own:

I am now going to put all the information I have heard above into

>Atheists are actually gnostic Christians
Holy smokes

>if god did something bad its understandable since you would do it too, we should judge god as having a humanlike temperament
>gods is also all powerful and all knowing, we shouldnt judge him like a human

>taking the symbolic as literal

Do you even into religion yo

If you anthropromorphise God by saying "he bad because kill people and make life hard" I'm just taking it to the logical conclusion. And most of my points specifically have to do with God NOT being human so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Is that José Mourinhos's dad?

Attached: mourinho.jpg (1200x900, 92K)

He sounds like a Chad. Peasant human morality judgement do not apply to Gods.

Have you ever tried being an evolutionary biologist and then talking to religious people?

God is whatever is convenient for those in power who tell me about him.
Duh

>conditional love.
God doesn't do unrequited love triangles.

>God doesn't do unrequited love triangles
Someone has never prayed to God

>"the God of the old testament be bad man very much m8"
>utterly obliterates faggots
>reduces child sacrificing degenerate nations to dust
>watches those who follow His ways
>is loyal to his word to the most extreme fault
>picks up the most stiff neck assholes and gives them a moral code unparalleled and outright crazy for the time
>forces them to submit or else
>they still keep refusing to follow him and become degenerates themselves
>end up conquered and bitch slapped by stronger degenerates
>"MUH BAD OLD TESTAMENT GOD SAVE MEH"
>God actually saves them
>actually comes to die for us all
>just to nullify his Old Testament law that people weren't able to follow
>New Testament paves way to Western Civilization which is actually better than Old Testament Hebrews
Checkmate, satan.

Attached: wine.jpg (600x413, 54K)

>the very first thing you list about God is how much he hates faggots
He also obliterated people who have oral sex and sex outside of marriage, why don't you praise that?

Shouldn't I?

>sex outside of marriage
those people deserved to be oblitarated, though

What about pulling out or contraception? Or failing to bleed as a virgin being fucked by your husband for the first time? Or happening to be someone that lived in Jericho etc.

What about being a slave to your own carnality willingly instead of praying to be free from it?

I don't know how failing to bleed is a sign of being a slave to the flesh. Women can have their hymen ruptured a number of ways as children.

What's your point?
That you're going to hell if you don't protect your hymen?

If your hymen breaks outside of the bridal bed, before you go to hell you must first visit Atlantis.

You must be a riot at parties with wisecracks like that.

I do praise that

You must not go to very many parties if you think the people there are hard to impress

I really don't.
But that wasn't my point.

Sorry I don't talk to losers, goodbye

Bye.

It honestly really is not, Ive always found the concept of death comforting. An evil God is infinitely more frightening

I posted this earlier today in a thread that was unfortunately not tranny-related and was thus deleted.

>warosu.org/lit/thread/S13094277#p13095965

>Yes, it's part of ur-Theology, "God is always home", "Hell is locked from the inside", etc. Catholicism missing the point entirely.

>But to the Mind-less ones, the wicked and depraved, the envious and covetous, and those who murder do and love impiety, I am far off, yielding my place to the Avenging Daimon, who sharpening the fire, tormenteth him and addeth fire to fire upon him, and rusheth upon him through his senses, thus rendering him readier for transgressions of the law, so that he meets with greater torment; nor doth he ever cease to have desire for appetites inordinate, insatiately striving in the dark.

>The "yielding my place" is quite shrewd. Looking for God in PLACES, in Material or Material-related terms, and title or title-related terms, is contrary to Idealism in general, and contrary still to Dialectical Monism, like Christianity. God "yielding his place" as in limiting himself as per the misguided inquiry is tragically ironic, earnestly fulfilling it to the inquirer's content, and thereby becoming a monster.

God being ever lenient and ever earnest means he will happily play whatever role demented beast-men ascribe to him to the demonstration of their error, it makes Yahweh essentially a hippie in maintaining a decorum of Dualism and only interacting with people on THEIR terms, but practically a tyrant in Epistemological Nihilism and letting thing go awry. And, in turn, Jesus is essentially a tyrant in demonstrating himself and only interacting with people on HIS terms, but practically a hippie in Epistemological disclosure and consecrating things as awry. Yahweh reversing himself by himself would only make people revert him right back by taking demonstration as per former Dualism and so on and so forth, the stone is too heavy for the Father, not the Son. Note how, apart from one instance in John, if that, Yahweh is not only silent in the Gospels, but absent proper. Even Jesus speaks of him as such, despite affirming their non-Duality. The final question of abandonment being exemplary dark humor, Jesus doing an impression of old Man to new Man's embarrassment.

Attached: index.jpg (224x224, 6K)

>He also obliterated people who have oral sex and sex outside of marriage
well, he did that once, apparently. why hasn't he done it again?
just yesterday i had oral sex with someone i'm not married to. still not a pillar of salt tho.

This is the state of Yea Forums. Absolutely braindead christcuck.

Why do people hate him again? Is it just because he BTFOs delusional retards for believing in fairy tales?

Just wait

>god chooses who to save. he allows evil to exist to have the glory of vanquishing it. his glory is greater by punishing evil to elevate the good, and all things god does is to the benefit of his glory.
>god makes the law, and good is following the law. following god's law is the ultimate good.
>just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's there. god is spirit, and spirit exists on a different plane from the corporeal.
>because god made man and woman for each other, man lying with man is a perversion of intended nature.
>there are not. the fossil record was placed there by satan, and only the faithful believe god's word over it.

still waiting
still not a pillar of salt
why doesn't god smite me down? it would be less than the blinking of an eyelid to him given that he is omnipotent and everything

> mad rant against God.

I'd feel the same way, Richard, if my teacher had raped me in the shower every night for years. I'm sorry you went through that. Maybe someday you'll get over it and stop blaming God for allowing your teacher to rape you.

lol

Attached: atheism-nogod.jpg (750x600, 62K)

Well, but why did God let that happen?

Why do Christians think this is an argument?

I don't care if Dawkins is an asshole. No one cares. I do care if god is an asshole on the other hand. Everyone should care about that.

Why is it that all STEMfags can do when writing about anything outside of their expertise is to ramble and produce crass diatribes?

Hence His appeal to people who are resemble that, and secretly wish to be the goons of charismatic psychopaths, which are the fake/bully versions of apha males--which in reality have all the social virtuosity betas lack. (Unfortunately, what in meme-tier culture--if you could call it that--is called beta is really a kind of gamma--one short of of the pure menial, still an idiot, but with just enough brain to notice the drawbacks to a hopelessly servile status, especially with respect to fashionable bigotries of one sort or another, and the boredom of an artless life.) Dawkins may have lacked that last measure of comic insouciance in face of the fact that the human race is far too stupid to have a future beyond the fate of any of this planet's other groundlings,which is probably also the fate of all species intelligent enough for grammar and indoor plumbing. But I still found his bluntness oddly fetching in that H. L. Mencken sort of way.

I get the feeling the atheists are just a bunch of cumbrains that want free cummies

unqualifiedreservations.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/how-dawkins-got-pwned-part-1/

>conditional love
you've gotta be the faggiest faggot to ever fag. I know you read the book, I know you understood the text, stop being intentionally obtuse, you're not clever and you're fooling nobody

Based

>finite beings can understand an infinite deity

Attached: B9B7A3F6-7378-47A0-B5C2-AF1BD02222BC.jpg (563x749, 169K)

But now that life isn't so harsh the hankering after the sting of hardship & battle continues, moreso for the high-stimulus seekers among us, those of thicker hide and duller ear. This gives all the modern advantage to the low-stimulus seekers who actually enjoy the luxury of placid exurban places and packed refrigerators and huge music archives, etc. The only existence happier than that of the mature polymath is that of their fortunate children.

>bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser
>misogynistic
>homophobic
>racist
>infanticidal
>genocidal

wtf I love god now?

post an instance of dawkins actually bullying anyone, capriciously or otherwise

How was he able to get away with such blatant anti-semitism?

Every metaphysical idea Christianity claims was ripped off from Pythagoras, Plato, or Plotinus. You people are frauds who worship jews.

>in all fiction

Reads a lot of fiction does he?

Attached: 398C5165-58DE-47FC-94BB-60FC9841CF09.jpg (1240x1203, 99K)

>Pythagoras, Plato, or Plotinus
did you choose them because of the alliteration, you faggot? i bet you sucked your high school english teacher's dick, faggot

Why should I assume that liking bees would tend to disqualify one's arguments? You sound like you have a grudge against bees. Out with it. Show me on the doll where the bee stung you.

He's still God.

Muhammad is all of that and also a pedophile. Why doesn't he go after Mohammedans?

Because unlike Christian's who'll let him went into the wall and feel like a big boy, muslims will chop his head off or otherwise throw him off a building.

Except he does
Muslims just are not as prevalent as Christians in the west you fucking double retarded double faggotnigger

>double retarded double faggotnigger
fucking hell, that is quite an insult

thanks for teaching me new words

>Except he does
>Muslims just are not as prevalent as Christians
Have you ever been to the UK at all?

Attached: 83235A89-965A-40A4-8572-BFA38FC6DDB3.jpg (2048x1302, 1.09M)

>according to 2011

Attached: 1it4qu.jpg (141x220, 13K)

How much could it have changed in 2019?

Attached: 1524659095609.jpg (204x276, 32K)

Prove it

He also declares that men with long hair should have dung heaped up on their heads.

Face it, the Bible is a load of horseshit.

>not liking bees
city dweller genocide fucking now

This. Is there anything at all in life that says there's a way out? Is there any end to things? The idea of a certain and final death is actually rock solid and fair. What else applies so equally to all? Where else is there release from suffering?

>except he does
>all he does is to give token, generic criticisms and uses it as a vehicle to shit on christianity anyway

Death applies equally to all, except to George Soros.

unironically because you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by taking that position

He's already dead inside.

>what is hell
fix your education

He needs a Gasenwagen to go after Mohammedans.

I DEMAND that someone engages with this.

>Claiming belief (which is conviction of the trust of something) out of simple fear of what would happen just in case.

Do you think God can't tell you're a dishonest kissass?

You can challenge your faith.
But no matter what, do not even try to tempt God.

why is he dishonest? God is the one who put threats in writing, for his own good. user was evangelized by Pascal, that's all. He could be totally sincere. Get good fedora tipper.

Go to England.

Attached: file.png (610x960, 1.02M)