Who's the best Karamazov?

Who's the best Karamazov?

Attached: the_brothers_karamazov_by_eliz7-d3gp8v4[1].jpg (900x406, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bach.nau.edu/clavier/nature/fugues/Fugue08.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fyodor

Alyosha

Dmitri

Ivan because unlike Dmitri and even Alyosha he is not concerned with his own salvation

ivan

if you say anyone other than Alyosha you probably didn't understand the book and don't deserve to read Dostoevsky

this
more like
Alyosha > Ivan > *power gap* >Dmitri > Fyodor > *power gap* > Smerdyakov

SMerdyakov

Alyosha literally assassinated Tsar Alexander II, not sure how much I should praise him for that

Alyosha by far, I unironically kinda fell in love with him.

Alyosha a cute

Attached: Katya and Ivan Karamazov.png (863x730, 177K)

Dimitri ---> fuck, Aloysha ----> marry, Ivan--->kill

I want to be more like Alyosha, I get depressed knowing that there isn't anybody as good as him out there.

>tfw no qt alyosha who will love and support you

Attached: 30038147_p0.jpg (568x672, 227K)

woman spotted

>the best
Alyosha
>the most relatable
Dimitri
>the most intriguing
Ivan

Dmitri is a braindead sperg and Alyosha is too soft skinned, so I'd say Ivan for sure

Understanding Dostoyevsky doesn't mean agreeing with his philosophy.

Ivan, and it's not even close

Well, everyone knows Alyosha is Dostoevsky's hero, but I was most captivated reading about Ivan. Alyosha comes in second, followed by Smerdyakov and then Dmitri.

me tbqhmf

Ivan

I'm literally Smerdyakov

bach.nau.edu/clavier/nature/fugues/Fugue08.html
Is he right?

Smerdyakov even played guitar and was epileptic like Dostoievski

chad servant

Understanding Dostoevskys literature means that there is no philosophy to agree with retard

Alyosha is an angel and can't be sexualized.
Ivan would be the best husband
Dmitri would be the best fuck

>Dostoevskys literature
>no philosophy

Attached: download (1).jpg (221x228, 7K)

Explain Dostoevskys philosophy through his works then you fuckhead. He is a polyphonic author, to have an objective monological theme is to discredit his work as an author. You little shit.

The Brothers Karamazov is basically Alvin and the Chipmunks ft chipmunk gfs.

Alyosha is Theodor, Dmitri is Alvin, and Ivan is Simon.

Dosty was a hack

Attached: 11E1AE12-67F4-4CAD-91E8-C8A3C199D482.jpg (550x453, 49K)

Dimitri=Alyosha>Ivan>shit>Fyodor>..... ad infitum..>Smerd

delet

based

not that user and i dont even like dosto very much but you are retarded and dont understand literature if you think every author needs to have a "philosophy"

Raskolnikov

>Creates the groundwork for a multi million cartoon and movie franchise.
>Hack
I think not.

Someone post the cover
You know the one

you're right

That would be Smerdyakov, he's basically just a more articulate/intellectual version of a standard Russian nihilist of the time. Nice little "twist," even though he sets it up and spells it out for you like two or three hundred pages before it happens. Dosto really should've been a playwright.

>an objective monological theme
>an
>a philosophy
>a
Thank you for being hypocritical to the point of sycophancy, and for validating my narcissism.

Attached: 1556240880512.gif (720x480, 126K)

>He is a polyphonic author, to have an objective monological theme is to discredit his work as an author.

Did you just read Bakhtin the first time? That's not how it works. It's not like you can't have multiple interpretations of a monologic discourse.

Alyosha ofc. He is a Christlike and saintly figure.

Attached: omynmy6iw5411.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

>Alyosha literally assassinated Tsar Alexander II
??
Did I miss something?

>tfw you think you're like Ivan
>tfw you want to be like Dimitri
>tfw you know you need to be like Alyosha
>tfw you never want to be like Fyodor
>tfw you're Smerdyakow

Attached: ProScumbag.jpg (216x233, 13K)

In the sequel to Brothers Karamazov he was supposed to do that. Basically that was the main work, and BK is the prequel to better understand it, but Dosto never got to write it.

I think the whole Alyosha killing the Tzar was a meme started by Dosto and his friends for the lols.
He did intend to write something more about the Super K. Bros, but never got to it before the end, as far as I understand it.

That IS how it works though, what the fuck are you talking about

>polyphonic author
I always wonder if all those top tier authors ever think of themselves in these precise specifics that are attributed to them or do they don't care at all.

Attached: 1500709695789.png (150x100, 16K)

The point is that by reading Dostoevsky you don't get an image of some personal 'philosophy' of his.

After reading this i keep daydreaming after Alosza, no homo i just want to hand hold with him and make him dinner and say that im a good person, so him

any non-anime version

Source?

I always thought Ivan would be the most relatable for people who go on Yea Forums. Dimitri's too outgoing/chadlike, while Alyosha's naivety and optimism would be cut to shreds on a board like this. Ivan's particular brand of arrogance and abrasive intellect would have him feeling right at home here, as would the genuine desire to open himself to views seemingly contrary to his own (ie the meeting with Father Zosima). Throw all that in with loving a girl he will probably never get and some mental health problems and you've got a fair amount of people who frequent this board. Dimitri's most relatable characteristic is his inability to control his baseness which he knows isn't good for him, but that's all that the relatability is, just a characteristic, not relatable (to this board at least) past that one characteristic.

Attached: 1528810508125.jpg (781x767, 73K)

That doesn't sound right since the man was an adamant Christian and it shows in his works with a passion.

You're retarded.

this

Each represent a kind of nobility. Dimitri is traditional honor nobility, a knight in essence, a Lancelot. Ivan is the nobility of spirit, a philosopher. Alyosha is spiritual nobility, the saint.

It's clear Dosto puts that last nobility above the others but he understand the need for all three, and most of all the conflict that their coexistence creates in mankind.

Ultimately all Karamazov are to be loved, even Fyodor who represents the solidity and baseness of the body and Smerdyakov who represents corruption of the body by a tainted spirit (a decayed Ivan if you will).

That sounds extremely homo, not that there is anything wrong about that.

I beg your pardon?

So are we all homos here or is Yea Forums over 60% female?

>nobility of spirit
>spiritual nobility

>what makes a spirit great
>what truly is a great spirit

Yeah bad choice of words. Let's say nobility of the spirit and nobility of the soul. Think the hierarchy of faculties in Middle Age scholasticism.

Is Fedor a 18th century Bojack?

Fucking hell he's right

Of course you do, because he wrote it and not someone else.

Self-consciousness, as the artistic dominant in the construction of the hero’s image, is by itself sufficient to break down the monologic unity of an artistic world–but only on condition that the hero, as self-consciousness, is really represented and not merely expressed, that is, does not fuse with the author, does not become the mouthpiece for his voice; only on condition, consequently, that accents of the hero’s self-consciousness are really objectified and that the work itself observes a distance between the hero and the author