How do I cope with the fact that anyone of worth went to an Ivy League school or a top-tier university...

How do I cope with the fact that anyone of worth went to an Ivy League school or a top-tier university? I'm at a middlebrow college with a 3.7 GPA (which I'm about to lose due to mental health issues).

Attached: suicide.jpg (500x350, 52K)

Get the fuck off of Yea Forums. This is not /adv/. This is a board for well-read patricians or neophytes, not NEETs, incels, etc.
>mental health issues
Get the FUCK out.

All the greats are dropouts or didn't even went to uni. Nobody cares about your burger idols from nowadays.

You don't need to be the absolute best in order to enjoy your life. I know this sounds cliché, but if you follow that line of thought 99% of people would be miserable, and that definitely isn't true.

trust me, more than half of those of worth didn't do jack shit and NEETed it up until funds ran dry then killed themselves. a good litmus test for patricians is your opinion on NEETdom. if you're like you're not gonna make it

Ivy League is overrated. I've met actual Ivy League students who are dumber than high school dropouts.

>if u agree with me ur epic!!!

None of the greats were American.

>that gun to head pic
>not the guy holding the gun behind his head in the bathroom consolidating the pure cinematographic kino that is suicide by gun

What did Joyce go to?

By paying attention to all the public retards that went to top-tier colleges, you’ll start to feel better in no time

The meritocracy is a lie. Don’t let it poison your soul.
Why do you give a shit what this collapsing Puritan clown world values? Be a virtuous man in whatever fortune you find yourself.

Attached: 0C773EAE-168E-4AE4-A7F9-3D597E028016.png (273x334, 7K)

This

Realize that modern Ivy League colleges are just breeding grounds for midwit autism.

Attached: Screenshot_20190510-223034.jpg (1040x1247, 492K)

Dude I went to uni when I should’ve just joined the military. I was too depressed to focus and I ended up graduating with a 3.1 gpa. Go join the navy if you don’t lime your situation, I know I wish I did.

What makes a person of worth?

Attached: Bricklaying.jpg (1484x1035, 259K)

Will I still be able to become a neuroscientist even though i’m going to community college and only have a 120 iq?

Attached: 7030CFA3-9F56-4AA9-8583-8B015D7216BB.png (246x205, 4K)

You sound so lost. If you truly believe your educational pedigree is the only thing that can set you apart as a person, you're admitting you are helpless before the powers of the system, which may never afforded the opportunity even in the earliest days of life. We don't think of childhood trauma and misdirection as failures of the system, rather they are failures of parenting or failures of a particular time and place. But everything is connected to everything so it eventually does befall the system. How many domestic violence, drug crime, or other incidents stem from poverty rather than some deep moral flaw of the perpetrators?

Circumstance and chance are insidious, pervasive and unstoppable. Not everyone is where they are because they deserve to be. If that wasn't the case, there would be many vacancies where some are standing!

Having the right sort of education just makes things easier for you. In today's credential world there isn't much room for the spontaneous and self-invented. But trying to aspire to the hardest reaches of achievement doesn't come from outside, it comes from within. And trying to special great things when it is difficult to do so can stir insights too easy a path would remain hidden.

Yea Forums is such an intellectually insecure board.

Attached: lunduke.jpg (1200x675, 109K)

first post worst post

You are mistaken. College prestige means jack shit. Some real idiots have graduated Harvard. I'm in one of the best theological colleges in the nation but it's in a ghetto and barely anyone knows it exists.

Get some help for your issues, OP. See a priest as soon as you can, he may be able to help you schedule an appointment with a therapist if you feel you can't do it alone. God bless you my man.

what do they even teach you in god school lmao

CUA?

this. i've met a couple ivy league kids who are really impressive and well put together. most are very mediocre. acceptance now is based less on exceptionalism and more on having the trivial qualities the admissions board is looking for.

>Be a virtuous man in whatever fortune you find yourself.
absolutely based

Not doxing myself.

Greeks, Latin, catechism, ethics, etc. How to think. The stuff everyone should have been taught in public school.

>How do I cope with the fact that anyone of worth went to an Ivy League school or a top-tier university?
this used to bother me as well. what i'm going to say will sound trite and cliche, but it's the truth.
i realized going to an ivy league school really isn't that impressive and definitely isn't necessary to be impactful in your community and world. i have no insecurity that i went to state uni instead of ivy league because i know i'm a smart and capable person who is making a positive and important impact on my community. living virtuously and with purpose is what matters, user. they can't teach that in ivy leagues.
unironically just be yourself

Kino. I also attended a small,specialized school that I would take over an ivy any day.

Attached: 20141212_212253.jpg (2092x3719, 1.97M)

Hm. It’s gotta be CUA...

At this moment there are still many possible futures ahead of you, including the ones where you succeed in spite of your standing and others where you descend into mediocrity. If you kill yourself now, you won't have to face the reality of the latter possibility and can die knowing you at least still had potential.

Cry me a river. Work harder if you want something, otherwise shut the fuck up.

>anyone of worth
uh, lotsa cunt buy in, legacy in, barely survive....

what does worth mean? intellectual/social capital? wealth? what? the world is large and 10 shitholes aren't at the center. go be /make what you want wherever you can. does a Harvard tag feel good? yes. does everyone who has one really deserve it? no. so fuck it move on. go deep into what you do.

this cunts right, anyway.

>how do i cope
This is how. The psychology of these good boys is to always outshine and be better then the next guys. It's the perfect trap for the corporate world who want to exploit these people for all they are worth. These guys will move up to occupy the top positions and will earn a ton of money, true. But even though they could probably have enough money to retire at 45 their psychology wont allow them to, because there is still someone they have to try and outshine. These people will happily slave their meaningless lives away for good boy cred.
Fuck it. Being mediocre is the the best thing. You can still make decent money, enjoy some of the finer things in life, save enough to retire early and have enough time to do the things you enjoy without getting fucked in the process.
Let those ponies do all the hard work. That's what they want.

>24 years old freshman (university is free in my country)
>studying philosophy
>still legitemately believe that I'll get to have a great academic career
Destroy my dreams, Yea Forums

Why does is matter that you're 24? If you perform well and kiss ass that's all that matters, you won't inherently be hindered by being 24 instead of 18 unless you believe you cannot aquire information like an 18 year old therefore will not perform as well, which is wrong. By your age you should have already developed a work ethic and can dedicate yourself fully to school while ignoring the typical social traps younger kids have. Fuck this world is insane with the cult of youth where people in their mid 20s feel old, it's absurd.

The only person i know who went to cambridge was an idiot (literally and unironically)

this.

Neuroscience doesn't pay well, and besides, all it really takes to be a neuroscientist is autistic fixation on some niche subsubsubdiscipline (and a lot of lab experience). You can do better than neuroscience, user.

I'm not sure if he went to Uni but he went to Clongowes, which is a very prestigious secondary school in Ireland. If he did go to Uni it was probably Trinity.

They still attended Ivy or Oxbridge if they were born in the 20th centurty

I've met many oxbridge and ivy league idiots. They will have a better life and career than me, the 'smart one', though.

>oh no im not the smartest person in the world
kill yourself you rotten child

Joyce went to UCD

120 IQ is pretty high, m8.

Like many have said, a bunch of them are retarded legacy students. I go to a decent but not incredibly prestigious research university and have met true geniuses conducting some amazing research here.
120 is high, if you are really interested in neuroscience and can grasp the concepts you'll be just fine. Not wasting your money on the first two years of university when you can go to community college and transfer is a sign of intelligence. Was it even a real test?