Just picked this up- what to expect?

The description inside says "one of the best novels of the century". Doesn't every book say that? What do you think of this book Yea Forums?

Attached: gravity.jpg (183x275, 20K)

Pretty fun chapter about bananas. Then it's barely coherent pomo gibberish ride to the very end.

>The description inside says "one of the best novels of the century". Doesn't every book say that?
Look who's saying it, retard.

One of the best books ever written. Don't worry about getting everything you're first go of it, you won't.

boomer trash

>you're

Zoomer who reads Harry Potter and Svenn Kang

sounds. bizarre.
"The New Republic"? What is that some sort of Newspaper?

'Soild

Attached: b8f.png (200x231, 77K)

>Time named Gravity's Rainbow one of its "All-Time 100 Greatest Novels", a list of the best English-language novels from 1923 to 2005[5] and it is considered by many critics to be one of the greatest American novels ever written.[6]
>"All-Time 100 Greatest Novels"
>1923-2005
>English-language only

Imagine if Joseph Heller's Catch-22 was written by a schizo twat. There you go.

>All-Time Greatest
>1923-2005
That bothers me even more

>reasons to learn Japanese

Attached: Just Mishima.jpg (1800x2264, 1.2M)

GR isn't "about" WWII.........

So 100x better?

>1923

Attached: 1925.png (1010x362, 60K)

That book is shit.

It is great at rallying a movement that failed I guess

Reading Uncle Adie's Big Come-Up Tale is refreshing to my ears and fulfilling to my sould. Absolutely astonishing work of self-help. Certainly miles better than 12 Rules for Life.

Is it though?

I mean- it is kind of encouraging in it's own way- the story about the story- that you can go from a homeless with no friends or family, and nothing to live for- to being one of the most successful authors.

Oh wait that's JK Rowling

Übercringe post. Neck yourself.

Attached: descarga.jpg (299x168, 6K)

Absolutely. Make no mistake about it, mate.

Imagine trying to pass off wheraboo sympathies in a GR thread lmao

Wait so is it about WW2 or not?

Imagine mentioning Just Kidding Rowling in a GR thread, misunderstand a humorous remark, and then proceed to use plebbit and twatter lingo. Follow my previous advice and commit suicide.

Sure

It's set in WWII. It's not *about* WWII.

lol what no that was me, fuck Harry Potter- you just fell for the bait faggot

Well it is in a sense

I loved it. The first chapter is pretty coherent, then I struggled until about 170, where I was able to start tracking with it much easier through the rest of the book. If you have read and enjoyed A Farewell to Arms, Rilke, Catch-22, And Nabokov then you will probably like it. It has gotten a quantum leap more coherent with each rereading, he just throws a lot of details at you.

No, I've not read any of those other authors- only heard of them. I'm familiar with C-22's story. I usually read Robert Heinlein, and engineering manuals on naval architecture related subjects.

GR is like a fiction engineering manual (but still with actual science)

You are correct and I apologize for I am under the influence of alcohol.

You monster

oh cool, that's an... interesting way to put it. I bought it because of the cover, and it had a Von Braun quote in the cover. So I was thinking "bitching, a book about German Rocket scientists"

Attached: 1541188427416.jpg (210x240, 19K)

The fact that you made this thread already points to you finding it too hard abandoning it 200 pages in and then shitposting abiut "muh pomo is obscure". Here's my advice: neck yourself

nice, you'll like it

GR is a pretty cool book. It's about math, physics and engineering.

Shitty postmodern ""literature"".