What is Yea Forumss opinion on Michel Foucault? He's a part of our course and we're going through his books...

What is Yea Forumss opinion on Michel Foucault? He's a part of our course and we're going through his books. It just seems like reductionism of everything to power and binaries (just like Freud did with sex or Marx with class conflict). And what authors should I read to effectively argue again my teacher who sucks Foucault cock when he wakes up and gets pounded in the ass by Deridda before he goes to sleep?

Attached: r00dpng.png (400x124, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_petition_against_age_of_consent_laws
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Gaiz how du i show up me professerino
Kill yourself you stupid fucking faggot.

some weirdo woman who was trying to hit on me (6 years older than me btw) who also enjoyed dmt and energy crystals recommended me foucault and i decided not to read him at all

>Has no desire to learn to argue with people who know more than him to the point where he berates people

Fuck off to your blanket so you can bitch and moan to yourself.

The guy in the pic is Whitehead, Alfred North, tho.

>It just seems like reductionism of everything to power and binaries
lol did you actually read him?

It's weird when I do read him. He admits that there are other features which control human behavior and then proceeds to ignore them completely in his writings which means that the social science (or social philosophies as I prefer) researches which follow also completely ignore other human behaviors. He's the most cited 'scientist' in scientific researches and he barely backs up his claims with empirical data and he is cited as though he does.

This post is proof All undergrads need to have their dismembered cocks stuffed into their mouths and die of blood loss

Yes. That's the silliest part, he says that power is not the only feature to influence human behavior, he admits the faults of binaries and empiricism. Then proceeds to ignore all of what he said earlier and write in terms of binaries and power structures. Admittedly he comes up with different methods of analyzation of power structure and meta-narratives but all he does repeatedly is break them down into power structures (discursive or otherwise) and further binaries.

I see so only you can suck your cock off while it's attached to your body.

The only good arguemnts on foucalt are from the marxists

What're you talking about? His entire writings have Marxist support undertones. He simply didn't support the weird Marxist consumer structures which sprung up around him and the wild reverence with which people spoke of Marx.

do you deny that these power structures exist? i don’t see what the problem is.

>reading anything French done after WWII
nope, it's just defeatist degeneracy

>binaries
wut? What binaries are you talking about?

He ignores that some people do things out of love. If I were to discipline my children it's wouldn't be a power that stems from hatred like he suggests

Can you expand on your arguments against them and name some particular people you are refering to?

Eh? Where does Foucault say anything like 'people discipline people because they hate them'? Got a quote?

>He simply didn't support the weird Marxist consumer structures which sprung up around him and the wild reverence with which people spoke of Marx
Dude he has no time for dialectical materialism or base/superstructure. He clearly rejects some very basic, core notions of Marxism. Plus what do you even mean by 'consumer structures'?

>defeatist
Sartre, Camus
>degeneracy
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_petition_against_age_of_consent_laws

why is pedophilia bad? and how tf is sartre and camus defeatists? they were normie-tier pop trash philosophers "u are doomed to be free o . O, world is absurd! fuck some chicks ;)"
fuck off fucking paranoid anglo no brainer, repressed faggot idiot
"uwaudawu look guoyze there's a petition! it proves im a fucking retard uewuowuo"
fucking mongoloid go eat shit and die

Literal knuckle-scraping retard that thought that the version of history he made up in his head was equivalent to the events as they actually happened.

Foucault academic work was widgets and he deliberately produced problematically shitty widgets.

See Foucault versus Chomsky or his social activism for his real being.

>why is pedophilia bad?
>fuck off fucking paranoid anglo no brainer, repressed faggot idiot
>uwaudawu look guoyze there's a petition! it proves im a fucking retard uewuowuo
you getting this upset over shitposts on a taiwanese oil painting enthusiast forum? go wave a white flag and relax you degenerate frog

I think you just don't understand Foucault's definition of power

this is literally a peterson-tier argument

the problem is not foucault, the problem is anglos

He is very bald, I don't trust the bald

we dont talk about foocko here

didn't he falsify a bunch of history to fit his narrative?

A faggot who died of AIDS
nice

Why does France has so much paedophile philosophers?

>taiwanese oil painting enthusiast forum

wait what

>muh (((age))) of (((consent))) (((laws)))