Symbolist authors general

Let's get a good list of writers going:
Rimbaud, Baudelaire, Yeats, Poe, Comte de Lautréamont, Verlaine, Daumal, Jorgensen, Claussen and Mallarmé.

Last time we had this general somebody recommended a German writer who has written a poem named 'Luzifer'. I've forgotten his name and cannot find him on Google - can you guys help me out?

Attached: Redon-Reverie-vers-1900.jpg (730x1045, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allpoetry.com/Stefan-Anton-George
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you sure he was German ?
Mihai Eminescu wrote the poem Luceafărul variously rendered as "The Morning Star", "The Evening Star", "The Vesper", "The Daystar", or "Lucifer".

Anyways the two major Italian simbolists are Pascoli and D'Annunzio.

>Are you sure he was German ?
I got his name as an answer about good german symbolists (I'm learning German and has finally reached a level where i can read something and kinda... understand it with a bit help from translate)

I think I saw him in a chart dedicated to Lucifer.
Is it one of these ?

Attached: 1526136234419.png (948x1542, 1.2M)

Don't know but don't think so.

Joost van den Vondel?

Bamp

Henry James

>Symbolist
>German
>Vondel

brontë

Attached: 8955A14D-FEB7-484F-B0AC-25AFBB9D9607.jpg (220x290, 17K)

Laforgue

Gene Wolfe

based

Stefan George is himself not necessarily a symbolist but he was highly influenced by them and personally knew Mallarme pretty well. He is definitely among the greates German poets but his work is pretty difficult even for native speakers. His life and aesthetics are really interesting though and I suspect he would be a huge meme author here if he was more well known and not as inaccessible.

Attached: stefan-george.jpg (825x534, 56K)

Andrei Bely

Barbey d'Aurevilly, Villiers de L'Isle-Adam, Huysmans, Rachilde, Moréas, Montesquiou, Mendès, Gourmont, Rodenbach, Schwob

nice aleksandr blok too

I'd add Saint-Pol-Roux, Valéry, Samain and Régnier

Any of you guys read later Symbolists like Marcel Schwob or Gustav Meynrink. Pic related, one of the best books I have ever read.

Attached: 13614447.jpg (290x450, 12K)

and Corbière

Not a mention of Trakl. Keep disappointing me, lit

I wouldn't say that Trakl's poetry as a whole is symbolist (unless you consider expressionism to be a sub-category of symbolism which is quite...unexpected). He is very different from poets like Rimbaud or Mallarmé, even though they both had a big influence on him.

is that the incestous guy?

Th. Mann

and drug addict

Fyodor Sologub

Any poems that I should read from this nigga?

I just looked him up, and holy fucking shit. Spiritual aristocracy is based, but I do not yet know German; are there any translations into English that you are aware of?

there are a handful here
allpoetry.com/Stefan-Anton-George