Recommend me non-fictions, preferably scientific ones

so far i've read:
a brief history of time
fermat's last theorem
the code book
prime obsession
symmetry and the monster
what is mathematics
the disaster artist (it was really funny)

the following ones are in my backlog:
the selfish gene
measurement
chaos (gleick)
codebreakers (kahn)
easy riders, raging bulls
the hero with a thousand faces
the language instinct
the horse wheel and language
women, fire and dangerous things
guns, germs and steel
SPQR

currently reading:
GEB

anything good you guys could recommend? subject matter is not that important, but keep it math/physics-related if possible, although i'll take anything good

Attached: 9780198788607.jpg (263x400, 19K)

Culture of Critique
The Bell Curve
Decline of the West
Revolt Against the Modern World
Protocols of the Elders of Zion
12 Rules for Life

haha yes, eggs dee
in all seriousness though i did try 12 rules, got bored on the 2nd one. wasn't so bad though, might try powering through it some time later

which ones of the ones you've red would you rec?
sorry for not contributing, wanna start reading scientific non-fiction as well

Attached: 2F405B2A-774A-4B06-AB9F-6637474FDC5D.jpg (1242x951, 263K)

Lmao at reading pop sci and and pop history. Truly the tastes of a plebian

Blueprint; Robert Plomin - about the genetics of behaviour.
Rhythms of the Brain; Buzsaki - about how brains work; this field borrows its models largely from physics.

depends on what you like
if you are interested in mathematics, i'd definitely recommend fermat's last theorem. it charts the historic course of the search for a proof of a certain theorem, for 300+ years. no knowledge of maths above that of school level is required, but you should be interested in the subject matter to read this
the disaster artist, on the other hand, has nothing to do with science. it's the true account of the making of "The Room" by Greg Sestero, one of the leads and friend of the creator of the film, Tommy Wiseau. as i've said already, it's an extremely funny read and pretty short to boot, definitely recommend it
what the fuck do you know about what i read outside of this? i'm a maths student who likes to read pop sci outside of actual studies, who the fuck are you?

Behave, Sapolsky
The Master and His Emissary, McGilchrist

stop being a faggot
i'm about to get a masters in genetics and I like to read popsci, aside from the usual technical shit i work with

also hawking's a brief history of time is the cornerstone of popsci literature (that or sagan's cosmos), and it's VERY readable, you should try it

Bruh get this pop sci and determinism fuled garbage out of here.

Antifragile

i heard that you have to read his previous books to appreciate it properly, is that true? also i don't exactly get what his topics are in general, do i need to know about economics to read his work?

"Why does the world exist?" combines science, philosophy and humor. It's a question I'm obsessed with so I may be biased but I like it.

Checked
No you don’t need to understand economics to appreciate the concepts. I think the books are so interesting because they dont just apply to econ, but to almost every field. I highly recommend reading his other books first though. Read Fooled by Randomness -> Black Swan -> Antifragile. All are highly accessible

Skip SPQR, it's shit.
A Troublesome Inheritance
The 10,000 year explosion
The Faith Instinct

Attached: 1542801204565.gif (209x213, 1.73M)

t. psued

E. O. Wilson - On Human Nature

I wish I could find an ePub of Campbell's Pathways to Bliss

This Idea Must Die

12 rules is an absolute meme and You're right But so is The Selfish Gene

>The Selfish Gene is an absolute meme
Nice one

Well it is.

So you don't believe that competition takes place primarily at the genetic level?