Yea Forums's favorite language

What is your favorite language and why?

I like most slavic languages but particularly czech because most if not all of its words are new for me and the fact that i've never witnessed this specific combination of letters from an alphabet that I am very comfortable with is very interesting. Also it possesses (sssss) very unusual sounds and consonant clusters that make for challenging prononciation. ie: ř (tři, řeř), Ť,ť, ě, čtvrtek, jsem

Attached: E9D6696A-5993-456C-9F30-D14C26C79D88.jpg (660x1000, 69K)

Klingon. OVS, fusional polypersonal verb affixes, and its phonology.

>OVS

Attached: 1548956292237.jpg (258x195, 11K)

Francais because that shit lit

OVS seems very dysfunctional though. Then again everything is objectively "good" until you get close to it and switch to a subjective point of view, which in this case is the fact that ive been taught otherwise.

Japanese and Portuguese are my favourite languages aesthetically. They just sound so beautiful.

german is beautiful. russian is pretty poetic i think. english is dry, i don't like it.

Japanese. Kanji is unironically amazing.

Danish, no doubt. The sound, rough word choice as well as the coziness of it. But I also adore French, Portuguese and Farsi.

kono

Greek,well because it sounds unique(;))
Spanish because it is Romantic
English because its the most expressible language and I always thought

I only know French but I was never fluent

What is it in both Japanese and Portuguese that you like? I don't see how the two are similar.

I've never really had an interest in Danish. Can you give some examples of words that you like?

i love the chunky syllable-and-consonant heavy phonetics of korean. i also always thought hangeul looked cool, even as a kid. you don't have to learn any hanja because of hangeul, but if you like getting autistically deep into etymology, you still have the opportunity to study it.
the grammar is consistent and the rules seem to 'make sense'; i never ran into any real grammar bullshit (unlike some other languages).

Not him, but
Ryparken? HOIPAHGEN
Emdrup? EEMGUP
Amagerbro? AMAHBO
Kobenhavn? KOOBENHAUNG

Finnish and German

Attached: a15c719e.jpg (400x425, 32K)

I don't get what you're trying to say. Those are city named right?

These are some of the station names along the B-line of the S-train in Copenhagen, except for the last one.

So this man was writing those down as he passed by them or can you find them elsewhere

Italian and Latin
They are beautiful to listen to.

Now listening to Mass in B Minor by Bach.
Astounding

>>Yea Forums

Russian
Romanian
English

Ayo say one more f*cking thing about the rewarding and pleasurable feeling one achieved after hearing multiple sounds that have no inherent meaning, but are quite frankly sweet to the ear and i will kick you buttox all the way back to Yea Forums

Wish I knew Finnish, seems like a language you can do anything with (literary technique wise). Also Russian would be nice.

It's not just the words, but rather how we put sentences together, as well as the choice of words. But here are a few, intriguing (in my humble opinion) words; levebrod, rundfart, gravol, håndbajer, elskværdig.

t. česká buzna

English, because I know it the best. I think it strikes a nice balance between the rigidity of German and the softer and somewhat lazy sounding Latin languages. There are just so many great words in English. I like Japanese and Latin a lot too.

Proper literature has only ever been written in Russian, English and French.

Mass in Latin is lit

Polish, Czech, German

basque
basque is the best

Romanian because it's an island of latinity in an ocean of barbarity.

I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculer ta mère. It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it.

Attached: reload2.jpg (637x476, 41K)

Russian is my favorite when it's being used by certain poets. It can also sound completely retarded though

latin and japanese

irish and french

any of you can read Old Greek?

Can you talk about phi like Socrates? What's the feeling?

Not read by I can translate it.

I'm a Jap, and this is wrong, so I'm going to go full autist here.
この (kono) is a 連体詞 (rentaishi), which can be translated as a prenominal adjectival. Here, prenominal means that この can only appear immediately before a noun; it cannot appear on its own, independent of any other word. If you want a translation for the Yea Forums reply "this", これ (kore) works better.

Jediná unikátnost je skutečne jen ř, vše ostatní se vyskytuje často ve většině indo-evropských jazycích - jen píšou trochu jinak.

čtvrtek is easy mode, just say shtrew-tech in english spelling. most of us czechfags will parse that correctly because thats ultimately how its pronounced (with the -ew being very high and sharp).

Attached: westslav.png (3000x2000, 423K)

Is Japanese a bastardized language ? Asking unironically. You guys use like three different alphabets no? Can you derive the root of most words just by looking / hearing them? are most words composed of parts, the group of which form a new meaning, or is it like English where you take a fuckton of different words from different languages and thus cannot figure out the meaning of the word by it's root, because you don't know its root, or there is no discernible pattern?

E.g. parachute -> French roots:
par (from parrer, to block, to halt)
a (of)
chute (fall)

I can determine the meaning of the word by reading its parts, if I know French.

>Romanian
Explain yourself my fellow romanian friend.

I like Romanian because it has great poems, and the language is one of the more difficult latin languages to learn.

English is, well, English.

Other languages I've been wanting to learn are Latin, Russian, and German.

>difficult latin languages to learn
It's very similar to Italian but what makes the difference are the slavic influences.

Most linguists are of the opinion korean/ryuku split sometime during korean bronze age (or rather, both places spoke in a spectrum).

As for the insanity of writing japanese, they essentially adopted worst of both worlds. Syllabic alphabet (kana) as a wannabe hangul, and stolen chink pictograms which are only vaguely related to original meaning and both are used side by side in (kana being much easier to read, but also more verbose).

Aside from few like chinks and nips, rest of the world moved on adopted normal alphabets from phoenicians, simply because it had by far the best ease of use/expressiveness ratio compared to more primitive pictographic/syllabic writing.

Definitely Greek, although Thai has the prettiest script

Thanks for the explanation.

Yea I guess but it's still impressive.

Also nothing beats the consonant clusters found in canadian french, it's impressive how many they fit in a single word

jtrgarde /štrgard/
rvnir /rvnir/
dmander /dmądé/

日本語の文法は易しくて面白いのよう
韓国語の文法の方が難しいって聞いた
r8 and correct please
I haven't focused myself on Japanese grammar yet, just reading Tae Kim guide but not taking notes yet, I'll do that later
Right now I am focusing myself with learning kanji and some vocabulary

I forgot the だ at the end of the first sentence