I don't think a single good book came out last year. Where did all the writers go?

I don't think a single good book came out last year. Where did all the writers go?

Attached: pepe-transparent-high-resolution-4.png (655x509, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-of-history_illusion
archive.org/details/AWalkingAphrodisiacByNicholasBlacksmith
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It takes time to discover great books, but I’m sure they are out there, it will just take a couple of years to separate the wheat from the chaff

There were stretches of time where no good books came out, right? I'm sure a couple classics were written but just have yet to be discovered. R-right?

I’m sure the next Hemingway, Faulkner, Pynchon, Nietzsche, Hegel, Kant, Burgess, Orwell is somewhere hiding in this epoch, be patient. I myself are all 8 of those waiting to blow, to fucking get my ship on the rough seas, I will be great one day,

Attached: 31189142-F851-41E2-AAC3-7662F0B01C8B.jpg (1508x1200, 427K)

Same. Feels good knowing you'll be remembered by history, doesn't it?

Did you read a single book published last year?

Long time passing.

Yeah, and also leaving behind something tangible, a great body of work such as literature, you’ll be remembered for the next 100 years. I left out a lot of great authors in the list above, but you get the idea, I believe what makes them great was their use of truth propelled throughout their work. In this Epoch Truth is hissed, but people want truth, individuals want truth, not right disguised as wrong, we want truth.

Sigh

So what did you read from last year? I assume English is your primary language. Did you read any of the BTBA longlist? Did you read Rachel Cusk’s trilogy? Did you read Anniversaries? Anything from Waggish’s year end list? Big Other’s year end list? Blake Butler’s list?

Oh, right, you didn’t read any of it. Last year was weak in general but translations always fill in the gaps, but hey, lets just complain because we don’t know how to look for anything.

I only read Normal People and it was decent

fuck you, I self published a good book last year. One person even bought it.

high IQ post. anons love to bitch about the death of literature. according to faggots like them throughout history, literature has always been dying, when really it's because they're too fucking lazy to look for good books or they hate artistic innovation

Is that Howard Hawks?

Umm no sweaty

Attached: A6E95B23-AF8D-409C-9295-D720FEE10905.jpg (318x471, 29K)

I don’t know is it?

Attached: 8E2DEDD4-1843-4E25-B2A6-01347FC9E322.jpg (680x490, 94K)

No it was shit. Shes not a good writer. The only vaguely novel thing about her is how very explicitely millenial it is so ofcourse people will like and identify with it. Her characters are shit, there is no plot, any potentially interesting issues are just touched upon superficially. Its just trashy womens fiction in disguise and because shes fairly good at keeping your attention, she tricks people into thinking its good.

The "best" writers, musicians, and artists in general, do not get picked up by the major publishers as much anymore because truly great art is too authentic and deep for the plebs. Also, it's all been said and done, everyone should just STFU for a while and let everything reset, while mining the past creations rather than just adding more disposable shit to the pile.

It just takes time to sort through the mediocre stuff.

There has not been a single decade practically that has not had at least a handful of great writers springing up. You’re not so dumb that you think suddenly it’s all going to change, are you? Look at 1900-1910 for instance, you have Malcolm Lowry, Osamu Dazai, Simone Weil, Dino Buzzati, T. H. White, Samuel Beckett, Vassily Grossman, Alejo Carpentier, Graham Greene, Pablo Neruda, Joseph Campbell, Raymond Radiguet, Evelyn Waugh, Nathanael West, George Orwell, Lacan, and John Steinbeck. All born in that one decade.

>everythings been said and done
*said everyone every year since forever*

Might want to look up the end of history illusion lad. Heres a link:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-of-history_illusion

Attached: 1552064008422.jpg (350x376, 23K)

they dead

Isn’t it good then?

After quite a few decades of digging in and following along, I've seen far too much repetition and far too little truly novel to not stand by my statement. Tom Robbins and Chuck Palahniuk have had the final worthy words thus far.

If you're a fan of fantasy/science fiction, there were good books based on the standards of fans of the genre.

If you're looking for a literary masterpiece, those have never been produced on a yearly basis at any point in human history.

>If you're a fan of fantasy/science fiction

Attached: F57C346E-7A4F-49E1-A6BC-8AB1B652F0F8.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Woah, kill yourself

What would a modern novel novel look like and why were those two the "last words"?

Attached: 1557182411428(1).jpg (410x452, 23K)

>truth
Ha.

What’s the title so I can read it?

Dude, I'm getting started. I'm not going to publish shit, but by the time I do publish, my works will have become masterpieces and you will thoroughly enjoy them. I promise.

Wdym last year was great for books
We had:
The golden state
There there
My year of rest and relaxation
Assymetry
My sister the serial killer
And the overstory (although I have not read it)

It just evolved.
archive.org/details/AWalkingAphrodisiacByNicholasBlacksmith

Attached: image.png (2048x1536, 110K)

the xyzoo

>I myself are
Sorry sweetie no you're not

Attached: 1515635323083.png (542x512, 52K)

>Implying I’m lying

Attached: 30B2D4D5-D07E-4E88-A337-FAC47BD7B0C3.jpg (1125x639, 100K)

this

>They're all on Yea Forums, not getting published by jews, still denying the jq

I'm implying you used a plural verb with a singular subject

Attached: 331-3317857_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-dab-dabbing-pepe.jpg (820x983, 144K)

what is a good book?

Based btfo

pige literature is the future

>gallimard
kek

No one is bored enough to write a book