Books for dealing with your parents mortality?

Have you guys found any lit that has helped you cope with the inevitable death of your mom and dad?

I just had a sitdown with my mom. She says has some spinal issues.

If it's not that's okay, but a book I can access on here would be great: b-ok.org/

Attached: 1123235578.png (482x427, 84K)

Tao Te Ching.

What's the problem with death, I never understood. People die, end of story. It's normal, expected, we are used to it. Why the anxiety associated with death?

Blow it out your ass bitch

t. meursault

You lack the natural albeit rather implastic emotional and doxastic responses most people have in the face of death of loved ones. It must be great to be you, but not everyone is like you. I couldn't explain anything to you why nature built us like this. All the power to those who manage to live Stoicism's principles faithfully obviously, but it's certainly not the default attitude people have.

Stop caring

Stop trying to stop caring.

I DEALT WITH THAT PROBLEM BY MYSELF, VIA MY OWN DISCERNMENT, AND COGITATION, WHEN I WAS TEN YEARS OF AGE, WITH NO ASSISTANCE FROM ANY OTHER PERSON, NOR FROM ANY BOOK.

Based

Tillich's work

The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety by Alan Watts

I know Alan Watts is a bit of a meme but it is a good read. I remember reading it when I was feeling really bad anxiety about death a while ago it calmed me down I recommend it.

This.

I can't think like you. The problem is that you will not exist anymore once you die. Forever. There's no coming back. How can this be "ok"? The only argument is that being alive is worse than being dead. But Is it?

Brothers Karamazov

This hard, but it might be sort of hard medicine once you get the point of it

Read Edgar Cayce's readings and the Bible together. The two together contextualized under your own life will make you believe there's a life after life. And if you're not looking for that, then what exactly are you looking for?

>wouldn't mind taking care of my parents into their old age
>girls aren't open to a guy living with and taking care of his parents

There's another cause of the breakdown of the family.

The Gita might help as well.

Op, are you still there? If yes, answer me. I have a good reccomendation

If you share mutual love with your parents, you should rather be making an effort to learn regarding what death really is, and, when most appropriate, and in the manner that is most appropriate - to share your knowledge with them, not to search for trite selfconsolation manuals, nor to compile a list of philosophical texts that you could flippantly recommend to read without first expressing yourself.

thanks for the recs, guys.
Hey.
>learn regarding what death really is
what do you recommend to learn this then?

Attached: 1432323596631.jpg (2425x3374, 2.57M)

When you invest in spiritual values/ideals, those things emanate in your life through the builder- i.e. mind. Philosophy or religion both are ways of reifying thise into concrete terms. It is never "flippant" to recommend something to someone. Never too late to learn more about your position in the cosmic consciousness. The idea is that by giving user peace he is sharing it with others be it holistically, physically, mentally, spiritually. Whatever term you want to use to describe the truth you hold in your heart as it corresponds to others.

It's called "making a family of your own"

I feel nothing either, are we faulty?

The self preservation instinct kicks in only if the death is imminent, then its very real. As for the abstract fear of death, yeah, that's just people loving themselves, "not wanting to hurt family", ie all soft, constructed ties.

>what do you recommend to learn this then?
To lead a noble lifestyle, and to regularly cogitate. If this will not lead you to a satisfactory conclusion, then I recommend for you to place yourself in a near death situation that would allow for you to that see that something as powerful and vast as noble Spirit can never die.

>It is never "flippant" to recommend something to someone.
That is an absurd statement. Generally, one flippantly recommends something when that thing is overly unspecific. Also, one flippantly recommends something when one prioritizes introducing another's work to a loved one, whose Life one is geniunely and earnestly concerned for, over sharing one's own comprehension of the relevant important topic.

I think the problem here is that you seem to lack empathy.

Being sad about death of strangers is not empathy, but posturing. Death of loved ones of course hurts, but that's not directly related to death. It hurts because we're losing them forever.

All of this is unrelated to death anxiety, except reminding us our own mortality if there are some trivial complexes present (I'm unique snowflake! I'm immortal! This can happen to me too ... aaaaaaaa!).