What are the literary implications of the removal of "western" as a concept

what are the literary implications of the removal of "western" as a concept.
youtube.com/watch?v=hyaftqCORT4

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

What are the literary implications of not spamming e-celebs on the literature board?

>youtube
*ahem* this is the LITERATURE board

"Western" and "Eastern" are nonsensical terms that were created to force a toxic "us vs them" mentality upon groups of people, so their elites could drag them into conflicts that would only benefit those at the top. Get rid of these toxic labels and you remove one of the many ways you are manipulated into serving self-serving agendas.

Not much since it's only a fairly recent construct. It's some sort of secularised bastardisation of the idea of 'the old, christian, developed world'.

>everything I don’t like us Caused by elites cynically manipulating people
It’s at least a little more complex than that, isn’t it?

very little
the concept is formed around an inevitable material reality; the whole reason people are trying to get rid of the concept is to encourage global integration, but at the end of the day westerners still speak the same, consume the same media and live within each others proximity.

tl;dr a "westerner" is still a westerner even if they like to pretend they can 'un-be' that on the internet

>people have to be manipulated into hating "others"
user, I...

>tfw a crossdressing artsgrad dropout and early pre-transition contrapoints seems uncannily relatable and i really hope that this doesn't mean i'm going to turn into a tranny

No, they were created to try to define separate cultural/intellectual traditions, but there's enough blending that the separation doesn't hold up under scrutiny, not to mention that the only unifying theme of both is geography and that a close examination of both reveals that they each share almost all of the other's content, just with different things becoming popular in each area. It's not a conspiracy theory, just antiquated intellectual history that is being deprecated as we speak

Yes, but elites do tend to, either consciously or not, play into all sorts of dichotomies in order to preserve an order that benefits them.
Just look at the democratic party who are pushing for Biden as an alternative to Trump now, or hell, even 'sassy aunt Pelosi'. Are they actually all that different? No, but it helps you, as an elite, if you limit the worldview people have. And the 'West' vs the 'barbarians' is just one form of it.

Isn't everything so simple through the lense of ideology?

This is silly. Take into account languages and their relations, user.

Get rid of your craving for generality.

"Western" as a concept is like "cats." For deeper thought to begin, deeper classifications are necessary.

>Get rid of your craving for generality.
>'The West' as a concept is worth preserving.
Pick one.

serious question:
are there any veins of eastern (or just non western) culture representing the same terminal self-hatred manifested intellectually?
Like, I;m not even expressing any of my own political views on the matter here, I just truly cant think of a single thing I've ever read coming from a non western source that chastises it's own non-western culture... prove me wrong?

European or european influenced, woahhhhhhh wtf the term west makes me very sad :((((( i am a citizen of the world god damn it!

This has got to be the worst one this fucking loser has ever done. "Hurrr the West is a relatively modern and nebulous term" We all fucking know that. There is literally no contradiction in knowing the Hellenic Greeks were living in a world dominated by the Mediterranean and didn't give a fuck what was going on in Europe. We know our modern ethics have changed dramatically over the centuries and we know that those ethics have been found in similar forms outside of Europe and its colonies.

based :)
we're all equal

The west as a concept was developed in response to the expansions of the caliphates. While I’m sure the elites had there own reasons for working together against the threat, I’m sure it was appealing to commoners of the time too.

It's emanating from the west but I see it in Japanese film. Imagine being a Japanese leftist exposed to western intellectual culture - Jap WWII history is pretty bad and hasn't been adequately discussed so I guess some reaction is justified, but it's not 'natural' or widespread.

China under Mao. I can’t exactly blame them for feeling that way, but I think they’ve even realized that it was a little extreme at this point.

Anti-Japaneseism but it was fringe. Still pretty funny though.

Attached: 1553132072237.jpg (828x943, 536K)

But that's the entire point, it wasn't inherently attractive to the common people. They had to be sold on the idea that they were going to defend 'the Christian land' of Jeruzalem.
That being said, that's still just talking about an earlier version of 'the west' as the Christian homeland, and not the pseudo-secularized nonsense we have nowadays.

I used to think mass immigration was a bad thing, but then I watched a contrapoints video and learned that it was actually based!

None. If it exists, it will exist even if we don't name it. If it never existed, and was merely a construct from some two centuries ago, nothing will essentially change either (I wouldn't say that the concept had some deep effect on the development of literature within this time period - today it is certainly of little relevance in literary circles), things will continue on their way.

All trannies deserve to be hanged
Fucking freaks.

Attached: pepe5662.jpg (225x225, 8K)

:(

Same. I hope she does a vid on cuckoldry next.

fucking based

Attached: 1548204016142.png (618x481, 608K)

All trannies deserve to be pounded like the cute fucksluts they really are*

>this is what americans actually believe

One in four is HIV positive.

What a load of bullshit

Contra points is cheap.

Use a condom. It's also about 1 in 5 for trans women and something pathetically low for trans men.

Actually: Who tf doesn't use condoms during hookups?

Trans people apparently. Black trans are 50% HIV positive.

Stop fucking men who dress like women, how about that

Attached: giphy (2).gif (500x400, 959K)

You have to go back to your tranny subreddit, Nicholas.

Attached: 1FB35B16-6BAE-43DD-BCD3-EE326C047866.png (911x988, 1.68M)

This.

The concept of the West has been around for over a thousand years, just we used to call it Christendom and before that the Roman Empire (XD XD but that didn’t include Sweden and it included Algeria XD XD) and before that the Proto-Indo-Europeans. That might be stretching it slightly but do you trannies really believe there’s no such thing as shared cultural values and history? You will never be a real woman, Nicholas. Go dilate.

To be fair, trans blacks tend to be way more succeptible to sexual violence and tend to get into sex work more often due to socio economic problems. Combine that with the fact that HIV is already rampant in both lgbt and black communities and you get a bug sandwich.

imagine taking someone who is delusional enough to cut off their dick seriously, nah nigga

us vs them is actually human nature because we are tribal monkeys, if the "elite" didn't create labels (they don't) we would make them up ourselves (we do)

Why is he/she/it talking like Mickey Mouse

bigot

Why is Yea Forums so transphobic? I thought you were smarter than this.

I guess theyd just focus more on the exact area/country of origin more? Or is this also problematic as well? You just cant tell with these types not sure why anyone kowtows to them though.

You don't fuel a schizo's delusions, you actually help them.

I think it's mostly prison related but since the overall average for (former) men is 25% it's clear that something rather disturbing is going on. And obviously it's not just HIV. They're going to be riddled with all sexual diseases available. Then add the suicide rate and I feel like they're not a proper subject for fethishization. You're looking at a deeply pathological segment of the population and the politicization of their plight seems catastrophic to me.