Is English really the best degree if my plan is to be a lawyer?

Is English really the best degree if my plan is to be a lawyer?
Seems like it's the best to prepare you for the reading and writing lawyers do.
Any lawyers here? What was your undergrad degree?

Attached: legal_court_justice_lawyer_18x12.png.jpg (621x414, 30K)

No, philosophy statistically ranks higher than any other non-LSAT degree.

I'm not talking about degrees that prepare you for the LSAT. Any retard can score high on that test if they just study how to do logic puzzles for a few months before taking it.

I mean when it comes to actually being a lawyer, which is majority reading and writing. Surely English is the best to prepare someone for that. Probably history second.

>people actually think STEM retards who can't talk to other humans and only work with numbers will be the best lawyers

dont be a troglodyte and fall for the “fulfill requirements” meme. do what generally interests you and then go to law school. this will reflect upon your character during the admission process.

genuinely* - t. self conscious phone poster

Attached: E9983B69-313F-4F10-B0DA-34AE971D3C9A.jpg (392x451, 92K)

i would think law would be the best degree for a lawyer, but that's just me.

You can't get an undergrad degree in law idiot. In order to become a lawyer and go to law school the biggest prereq is having a bachelors. Neck yourself for thinking you were even remotely clever. All you did was show how much of a gallavanting pseud you are.

What country are you from?

In the US law is a graduate degree. You must have completed an undergraduate degree first. There is no requirement of what undergraduate degree though so people are open to study whatever they want. You can have a dance degree and go to law school if you really wanted, though you'd be ill-prepared for it.

No a degree in History would be the best option - par none.

START
WITH
THE
GREEKS

Other countries have different paths to becoming a lawyer, that's why I asked where he's from. Germany and the UK if I remember correctly have law degrees you can start out of high school.

Other countries aren't retarded like the US, so we can do undergraduate law degrees if we want to become a lawyer.

>muh Yurop

Cicero?

blump?

I'm studying ancient history (greece particular) and I'm told it'll help for law school

you son of a bitch >:(
>t. grecoboo

I apologize. I failed to think that post through. Cicero was Roman.

Where should I start with the Greeks then? I've read some Aristotle, Plato, Isocrates, and some Sophists

My dad did English and he's successful

But where did he go to law school at? Where you go is more important than anything else as places like to hire from specific schools

I remember looking at the best bachelor's to get into law school and it showed that most law school attendees got accepted with a degree in mechanical engineering. I think pre-law was like 7th best. Just shows you can work through a bunch of shit I guess.

major in literally any humanity. I suggest linguistics, it's a fun subject
if you really want to be as efficient and have as much overlap with reqs as possible, though, choose history, English, or philosophy in that order

Most humanities undergrads that become lawyers are statistically history majors.

Based

Why are you acting like there is any ambiguity as to whether or not the OP is from America? It is clear from the OP he doesn't live in a country where "law" is offered as an undergrad degree. Cope harder you fucking pseuds.

Attorney here. You should just jump off a bridge and swim somewhere outside the Anglo world where they won't make you study some shit for four years before making you study shit for three additional years. That's just dumb.

Case Western
He's a small town lawyer but my family is comfortable

But are you enjoying your career as an attorney?

My buddies near the top of his class at Vanderbilt right now and got his undergrad in Management, I really don't think it makes a difference.