Any books that would give me the strength to commit suicide? Also what are the main pro-suicide works of philosophy?

Any books that would give me the strength to commit suicide? Also what are the main pro-suicide works of philosophy?

Attached: vangogh.jpg (748x900, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/
archive.org/details/AWalkingAphrodisiacByNicholasBlacksmith
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You better get used to the pain. Because if you kill yourself and God exists, you're in for even more suffering. Have fun :)

Every philosopher worthy of this name advocated against suicide.

being against suicide is bluepill. not being antinatalist is also bluepill

stop being suicidal

Attached: Gachet.jpg (350x389, 60K)

>give me the strength to cop out on life and make every person I've ever met miserable and confused for eternity
maybe you could just have a shread of decency and just keep living

So, by extension, if no one knows you, it's okay to commit suicide? Just don't have any friends and wait for the rest of your family to die, simple

Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse.

Attached: step.jpg (908x1492, 219K)

yes, that is by extension acceptable for you to hide yourself away from everyone in society so successfully that they have no awareness of you so that once your birth parents have died you can do the same

I don't imagine that, in any way, represents your situation, so this isn't really a good point, it's just a stupid excuse

Go see a doctor.

if you repeat something every day, you eventually believe it. all communists know this.

Basically, there is no argument against suicide that isn't linked with other people's feelings. "Other people will feel bad, don't do it!" Well, what if you don't give a shit and just want to stop the suffering?

then you're a horrible person? like, what part of this is hard?

DON'T kill yourself because all the people you know (and you DO KNOW PEOPLE, you haven't even contested this) will be horrendously distraught- especially considering your 'suffering' is probably just some modern suburban malaise you'd get over if you kept yourself more productive instead of shitposting on an azerbaijani freindship bracelet weaving image board

As do all capitalists.

So, if you're a horrible person, should you kill yourself or not? Why shouldn't you, specifically? Quit dodging the issue, faggot. And no, not everyone knows people to the point that they would be affected if you roped.

Except we don't need to because we live in that world

The Last Messiah, by Zappffe.
Also OP, don't do it. Go for a walk in nature or something. It will pass.

Not a good solution to whatever problem you have.

Honestly, if you don't want to be here and you don't care about anyone, they're probably better off without you.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. That may sound like confusing philosophical jargon at first but let it sink in and it will make sense.

killing yourself makes you a horrible person- why would you be horrible if you haven't done it. read.
you shouldn't do it because it harms people, for the last damn time
and that's just wrong.

They're not better off or anything. Your existence simply has no effect on their lives. You can not care about anyone and not be a menace to society.

I know your pain OP. I'd kms but I don't want to upset my mum.

Attached: 1554390620684.png (245x206, 8K)

You are not entitled to suicide.

The biggest victim here is the suicidal person, not other people. They're probably the cause of it, in the first place. Bullies will also cry after the kid they threw lunch at hangs himself and pretend they were his friends. You people are fucking dumb.

fu bro

You're not entitled to anything. All you need to do is go outside, get naked and lay on the ground. Wait until you starve to death, since you're not entitled to food. You're not entitled to receive any help. You shouldn't violently try to end your life, but you shouldn't desperately try to cling to it either. Stop impossing your will onto the world and let go, let nature take its course.

base'd

But what if I don't care about other people because they've been horrible to me enough to make me kill myself?

You're entitled to your self/body.

Not if you're a communist

two wrongs don't make a right user, this is unironic grandpa tier life advice now

when i read emily brontë and cesar pavese's poems i was cutting myself simultaneously then again im better know...i hope

well, to remain relevant to the discussion, op probably does not live in a communist country.

Yup, he shouldn't kill himself. People need someone to look down on and treat like shit. That's why suicide is wrong, by killing yourself you're refusing to entertain people by being such a loser. Don't do it, am I right?

>cherry picking
stop projecting your own false sens of victimization; not everyone wo knows you is/was a bully. consider the teracher who taught you, the kid who was even less cool than you who thought you were funny, the parents of another kid who saw you struggling and thought of themseleves and tried to get their kid to be nice to you, etc etc etc
you focus on your own feelins too much and you blatantly ignore the intricate tapestry of human interconnection that you are actively apart of. sad!

Unfortunately, at least as far as committing suicide in first world countries goes, it comes down to if you have health insurance, access to a therapist/psychiatrist with experience with people with your problem, and the ability to meet with them regularly--which is entirely determined by your income level/capital ownership. People end up committing suicide out of desperation.

lol, the irony is you are probablt thinking people "treat you like shit" because you don't talk to girls well and dont relate well with other men. like people have been enslaved nigga, and had their kids enslaved and raped in front of them, do you really think your life is so hard that you can't just live and, i dont know, try to turn things around? like, fuck you are a baby

Or a capitalist, for that matter.

philip mainlainder and leopardi throw some pessosa into the mix for good measure

>every person I've ever met
I doubt every person I've ever met will be 'miserable and confused for eternity' if I commit suicide. I daresay most of them wouldn't feel anything beyond a titular and temporary regret. Like when you force a perfunctory gasp while reading about a tragedy on the news. Even my close family would eventually get over it.
>shred of decency
I do not belong to my family. It may upset them if I die but that says nothing about whether I should commit suicide. This logic is not applied in any other context. Coming out as homosexual, for example, might cause your Christian family great distress but gay people are nonetheless encouraged to be open about their sexuality.
I don't believe in god.

As long as you manipulate it as the context demands it. You're certainly not allowed to touch parts of your body when you're in a public space.

You're assuming shit too. There was no kid who was less cool than me who thought I was funny. No parents tried to get their kid to be nice to me. Only, the teachers were nice, that's true, but it's their job. Not everyone had the same experiences as you, fag.

>I don't believe in god.
yes you do, you just don't know it yet

Sure, I'm talking about principles and not context.

No, I don't. I used to be a Christian so I'm familiar with most of the arguments for God's existence and Christian theology and I don't find them convincing.

>Even my close family would eventually get over it
you have your head so far up your own ass rn- I can confirm beyond a doubt that this is not true. I have seen suicides plague families for generations, any professional will confirm that knowing someone who comitts suicide puts puts much more at risk, stop wallowing in your own self pity and use some common sense

its not about ownership, or techincalities of approprate and innapropriate- you're a human beings with human relations. from your last point, you clearly know absolutely nothing about how people feel, especially about you, so I think you should be more focused on that since, as i keep saying, that's ultimately the issue. also if you can't see the differenc ein permanence between being a fag and being dead then maybe you already are braindead

sounds like you believe in god

lol, obviously that wasn't yor life, i'm making a point about how you can't possibly know who cares and how they care for you, lol you fucking robot jesus

Bro I think that you're fucking up here. You need to give back to the world what's been given to you. In one huge burst. Think about it.

yup kill yourself :)

It's crazy how people can't imagine someone without any relationships, without anyone that gives a fuck about them. This is undoubtedly a reality for some, there's 7 billion of us. Some truly don't have a support network or anything and are literally invisible. Stop fooling yourselves.

>its not about ownership, or techincalities of approprate and innapropriate- you're a human beings with human relations
It is fundamentally about that. The question boils down to: do I own myself? If yes, I should be able to put an end to myself no matter what people think about it.

Yeah, this. I'm 22 and I haven't had a friend or a girlfriend since I was in middle school. I have family, yeah, but that's it.

we already adressed this: if yo're a hermit with literally no human interaction maybe yu'd have a point, but you're not, so you don't.
you need a little more perspective user, you should volunteer at a hospital or something

ownership in no way informs proper treatment
if you owned a dog and killed it for no reason you'd be a bastard regardless of whether you owned it, youre not making a good point here

You don't have to be a hermit to not have relationships. I have had no friends for years. I live alone and work a shitty desk job in the city. I see hundreds of people every day but I still don't have any meaningful relationships with any of them. I talk to my mother sometimes, but that's it.

Because the dog doesn't want to be mistreated. I do.

jesus, I was going to repeat myself on how you cna't know how interconnected you are- but you have a fucking mother you talk to?
seriosuly user, perspective.

you don't want to be mistreated you want to "ease pain" (which I wouldn't call valid pain) and more importantly you want to do it the easy wya and avoid the consequences of your actions. you're a pussy, stop trying to sound edgy, at least own up to what you'd actually be doing

You're just a tyrant who wants to regulate my life. I belong neither to you nor my mother. I will kill myself if I want to, because I am the owner of myself. My only problem is that I am too cowardly to do it. But once that wall has been knocked down I will.

You two should add each other on discord lmao

at least you understand that you're a pussy

Start inflicting minor pain on yourself and practicing suicide. I'd recommend jumping off of a high place. If you fall backwards, you can almost trick yourself into thinking you aren't falling into anything. Better yet, get a gun, and practice firing it without anything loaded. Just really get comfortable holding it and putting it into your mouth.

It's kind of like getting into a hot tub. You could jump in, but that would be hard. If you ease into it, it'd probably be easy.

I think a really easy way to kill yourself would be, if you had a car, to plug up the exhaust and die from monoxide poisoning.

OH! You should make a tulpa: tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/

every suicide under capitalism is a murder. don't be a victim you fuck

I've tried cutting myself before but I'm too squeamish to actually do it. Can't shoot myself either because I'm a cucked brit. I've heard that you can kill yourself with helium and that it is completely painless and even blissful. If I ever do it I'll probably do it like that.
Tulpa thing sounds interesting though. Thanks.

Would making a Tulpa aid you in your suicide efforts? I had planned to make one and have it take over my body, so it would deal with life's bullshit for me. It's probably a hoax, anyway.

Actually, helium tanks nowadays are mostly air. You won't be able to kill yourself by inhalation.

The tulpa thing is real. My friend has a couple. Though I'm not sure about the ethics of putting a tulpa into your situation. If it's bad enough for you, it'd probably suck for them to. Then they make a tulpa...

if you cant cut yourself u cant kill yourself its pretty simple, i have zebra stripes all over my legs from being a little bitch in college. If your really planning on killing yourself you would not have made this thread but rather jumped off a bridge already seriously, your doing this for attention. Just go a parking lot where they allow people on the top floor or any building 4 stories and above and fall on your neck. Better yet sense your such a bitch do pic related. Or just hang yourself you fucking idiot. How do you not know how to kill yourself? And what motivation do you expect us to give you besides the avg pessimistic philosophers this is for attention and it is sad, people are actually contemplating suicide and dealing with emotional impulses that have them with guns up their mouths before realizing their on a wave of mania, seriously stop doing this shit bro.

Not cool, not cool at all

Attached: 361B1DD9-539C-42CD-8492-0217F94FE7F5.jpg (1239x795, 378K)

lmao "temporary problem" that lasts someone's entire life you stupid normie trash. leave. no one who is perfectly happy and healthy just one day kills themself when they feel a sad. every single day is agony, every day, for no reason. even if everything is perfectly fine you can still be so miserable you think of nothing but how beautiful a noose would look hanging from your ceiling. shut the fuck up

And you got all that from the fact that I'm squeamish? You should be a psychoanalyst.

This is exactly your problem, look at your attitude, son. How do you expect to be happy when you're so negative? Look on the bright side, talk to people, open up. Basically, put yourself out there, it's good for your mental health. Stop thinking you know better and be productive, shower, go to the gym, read, study, distract yourself from your dark thoughts. It is "temporary", you're just not willing to put the work into fixing the problem. Stop being lazy and pull yourself up by the bootstraps, okay? That's a start, at least. Little by little, improve yourself, do something every day, make progress in your life. Most importantly, don't sit on your ass, quit Yea Forums and get out in the real world. It's full of opportunities, you're simply blind to see them. Bye, all hopes for your recovery :)))

no, i got it from you acting like a bitch in this whole thread, heres another (you). Attention whore.

>>there is no argument against suicide that isn't linked with other people's feelings

Only a legitimate idiot would think so

It's an illogical option. A bad situation almost always has the potential to be turned around; death does not.

Bar severe mental illness (and sometimes even then) suicide is the stupid, weak option. Stupid because one can't SEE how stupid and illogical it is; weak because even seeing it, one throws up their hands and says "I might live in a world with millions of resources, and have the full potential in myself, to help me accomplish what I need to be happy, but it's just too hard :,( "

But no, trade the opportunity to become a millionaire living in a mansion with a supermodel on your dick for the opportunity to be nothing in nowhere with nobody. Sounds smart

>opportunity to become a millionaire living in a mansion with a supermodel on your dick
You had a point until you went full retard at the end.

>what are the main pro-suicide works of philosophy?
Any book not written in a celtic language.

You make the assumption that death in itself is bad. Why?

Tulpa is part of yourself isolated-disassociated through meditation. Tulpa can't really fully "take over" to the extent to remain functional on quality par with your own ego. It will drive only if environment inputs match that what tulpa was programmed to deal with. Your tulpa can pop in to make you not look at other women ass, as well as fulfill sexual fantasy, but in the end remains a constructed character too cardboard to have a true will of its own. You can't make it wageslave or find a gf if you yourself are not capable to.

Any will it has is ultimately "borrowed processing power" when you're running a mental model "what would tulpa do". Just because you eventually disassociate recognition of running the thought process of behind the model simulation to manifest an "isolated" entity, doesn't mean it still isn't there and borrowing your own skills.

If you need convincing then you're not ready to kill yourself. Just keep going and let your own life convince you to end it.

Nah point still stands; improbable possibilities are still possibilities. Much weirder things have happened

The short answer is because I'm not an edgy goth student in Middle School

Otherwise, the question is irrelevant, the real question being: why would I assume, based on absolutely nothing at all, that death is any better or an improvement to being alive, let alone make irreversible decisions based on that assumption? I'll get there one day anyway; might as well hope for the best and assume the worst.

Everyone in this thread was brought into this world out of nothingness without any choice. Everyone in this thread will die and return to nothingness.

There is no reason to assume this postmortem nothingness will be eternal.

The fact that we sprang from nothingness is enough evidence for me to believe that consciousness will be regenerated when I am nothing.

There is no escape. Its consciousness all the way down. Try to find a state of being that isn't completely miserable. Recognize that most of your pain stems from desire.

Attached: 1546404398883.jpg (2373x1500, 936K)

Also: Microdosing LSD and introspection cured my depression.

>then you're a horrible person?
if someone prevents a person who wants to die from ending it while doing nothing to actually help them, they are the one who is horrible. there is literally nothing wrong with death. existence is a very temporary mistake. i would destroy my body on an atomic level if i knew how to do so.

Attached: 1556339935275.jpg (395x365, 161K)

This post made me suicidal

> dude just be happy and you'll be happy
Americans, especially boomers, should not be allowed to go online.

>A person suffering so greatly they wish to take their own life is selfish because their friends would be sad
It is the friends who are selfish. You're asking the man to be a slave to the feelings and desires of his friends. He is in such distress he cannot stomach another day, and you'd have have him live in that anguish because relieving it is "selfish"?

Attached: received_1336915313115720.jpg (929x677, 56K)

that is an impossibly bluepilled post. you are a sniveling coward unable to face reality and improve yourself.
also Van Gogh was opposed to suicide himself and there's evidence that his death was the result of an accident

Haha nice pictue of Drumpf.

Crime and Punishment.

This guy isn't of poor genetic turn out, stuck with a poor family.

second leopardi, but he's strangely uplifting in his despair at times

can anyone confirm this really is painless? will i wake up as a vegetable?

>Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
Very well put. I hadn't thought of it that way.

You niggers have no idea what Leopardi is all about .
He specifically advocated against Suicide and gave one of the most solid reasons not to do it.

archive.org/details/AWalkingAphrodisiacByNicholasBlacksmith

based kirilov