Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Attached: 51krcZ8DG9L.jpg (324x500, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y_7JJ0YP9Es
cia.gov/library/readingroom/search/site/the adam and eve story: the history of cataclysm
gofile.io/?c=UwDN7l
cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp78-02771r000200090002-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its probably true desu

Looks like something my boomer dad would read.

Watching the Joe Rogan interview currently, I'm intrigued

>Atheist intellectuals like Dawkins routinely derided and maligned
>Boomer takes a hallucinogenic and postulates a series of wild ideas

Is this thread a bunch of /x/ers or something?

>Atheist intellectuals

>genetics didn’t real
>evil-lotion is satanic

Learn to have fun, butterfly. Everything you say is negative. Let go of your resent.

learn to read the namefield, newfag.

The Joe Rogan podcast was interesting enough for me to download the books but have not read them yet.
I like that he shit in contemporary theories with evidence.

Yeah I'm scientifically driven but think a lot of the past doesn't make much sense, a lot of what he said did.

Meh. This place puts people on the defensive all the time.

He and others advance some crazy ideas along the lines of ancient aliens and anything with wings is proof of angels.
But our ancestory is rich and mysterious, Gobekli Tepe going back 12000 and all, so I don completely dismiss him

Attached: 5F52712E-BDB6-44F0-946E-0A63EF6ED062.jpg (1072x715, 124K)

He never bridged that gap into /x/ past some psychedelic talk, at least in his interview

Okay.

Up there with Alex Jones in terms of remythologizing the world. Serious props to Joe for exposing them both to a larger audience, he's done historic work here.

Graham Hancock is a hack hobbyist who shuns genuine scientific inquiry in favor of some imagined narrative of a hidden halcyon human history that the "mainstream" reject for "reasons." He legitimately makes me upset because he only serves to spread misinformation and twisted truths to peddle his fanciful ideas.

>Alex Jones
I think he has some decent fundamental thought, but overall is a quack

Laid out some fat evidence in the interview and was hesitant to make any conclusions, only logical explanations.

That's how science works.

Suggestions should I say, just so happens that many of them fit together well but its by no means an entirely fabricated and definite idea he's putting forth.

>click on thread
>hoping for some good discussion
>butterfag is there

ok this is not epic

Attached: Anger Cry.jpg (225x225, 10K)

There are certainly thing mainstream archeology can't explain or trys to fit forcefully into the existing model even tho it bearly make sense. The fact they they shut down scholars who try to explain it differently is worrying too.
Sure his DMT mind powers are a bit to much for some people. But he has legitimate points that need to be addressed.

>"The evidence which I have concluded is of such and such a nature (without any archaeological consensus) conveniently points in a direction I have espoused my whole career without blatantly stating it."

He's a fucking charlatan, and he's always played the "I'm just an inquiring mind because I'm a responsible journalist" card. He's not an archaeologist. He's not a historian. He invents things that are convenient and makes wild assertions about "evidence" for which there is little plausibility. If you have any amount of knowledge about the historical and archaeological context that surrounds the ideas he presents, it's immediately obvious what he's doing. But a broken clock is right twice a day, and that's all that matters when his entire audience is a bunch of laymen who will think he's woke by being anti-establishment.

nobody even slightly trusts academics anymore

didnt read this one but magicians of the gods is based and what he says is true

You seem to be an outlier

Lmao, why people that claim that this "this guy is a charlatan" seem so angry about it?

Not gonna lie, you just seem upset that people are not tied to your own narratives. I has been reading his book and he seem like a very legit person. Using evidence and logic, not "it was the aliens" or anything like that. Just like says.

Based

not enough mudflood

>they shut down scholars who try to explain it differently
[citation needed]

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=y_7JJ0YP9Es

Just one, but at about 2:22

Clovis first was a huge block that was put up by the upper academic and geologic community.

One of the biggest loads of shite I have ever read. I've read it twice in it's full expanded 5 billion page edition and it's just pseudoscientific ramblings with a bit of numerology thrown in. Completely disregard all of it with the possibly exception of the erosion on the sphinx

Attached: Paganism reading list.png (1100x1100, 531K)

>>they shut down scholars who try to explain it differently
He literally give a example in his book that the Gobekli Tepe was not discovered earlier because some archeologist who passed for the site just said "Hey, is this not a thing?" "No lmao this is to advanced to be from a old age, let's ignore it".

Innovation is about thinking outside of the loop by definition.

Specifics?

Anyone who has refuted so far is just throwing shit on the wall to see if it sticks

You have no idea wtf You're talking about. As usual.

>He believes the Solutrean theory

lol

More like bitter-fly!! Hahaha

Attached: 1506231621393.jpg (640x640, 55K)

Attached: projecting.jpg (852x480, 19K)

Specifics: Almost everything he says is conjecture, it's like someone sat down and got out their mind on shrooms and went "hey what if?" a million times over. Apart from his arguments about water erosion on the sphinx, literally nothing he says holds up, there's no evidence to connect any of it, and the entire foundational premise of his argument is the geological equivalent of believing in crystal healing.

Attached: Indo-European reading list.jpg (2000x1400, 631K)

Explain Australian and Phillipino genetics found in the remote amazon that has had no contact in a long time

>Asks for specifics
>Everything

I mean there is an actual stance of the fact that evolution hasn’t been observed. I mean cmon butterfly, it’s not that radical.

Believing steadfastly in evolution just because artificial selection exists is ridiculous. :3

There is a reason that for thousands and thousands of years many different people in different religions believed in us being created. It’s because it’s God’s word.

I believe I was created for a purpose and I believe you are as well. And that’s a good thing to believe in :3

>Haven't read the book
>Post here only to discredet him

Man... what you do this? You're being paid or what?

the previous ones he had on rogan are good too

Why does it seem proponents of dangerous drugs and pseudo-scholarship go together so well.

Attached: peepee.png (420x420, 11K)

Found three with other people (maybe four) along with one older one of just him.

I miss any?

>obviously never taken psychedelics

Psychedelics cause mental retardation, look at all the 60s fuckheads like Timothy Leary who could barely string together coherent thoughts later in life

I've read the book twice and it's shite, why would I need to be paid to tell you a book isn't very good?

That's nothing to do with the Solutrean theory lol, are you illiterate?

i'm not sure, much of the same material is talked about in his books though so if you just listen to a few interveiws and read his more important books (fingersprints OTG and Magicians OTG) you won't be missing much, they're pretty readable I quickly read them in a few days on my PC

Unless you want me to go page-by-page through the book then it's easier to tell you what's not wrong with it. Do you believe in earth crust dsiplacement theory? If not then the whole thing falls apart, if so then you're a retard.

Attached: Celtic paganism reading list.png (1125x1250, 770K)

No shit they were taking ten strips like a normal dose. They can be beneficial if used constructively and that's a fact, namely in simply making you think a little differently and asking questions about the world around you.

They are both things that disprove the idea of the ice bridge bringing the first humans to the Americas

>earth crust displacement theory

Uhm.. I actually studied a lot of geology in college.

Are you insinuating that tectonic plates are entirely static?

If so, you're retarded.

Yeah I figured they would overlap, downloaded fingerprints to the ipad last night.

1500 pages (at my font size) seems like a healty read but I'm guessing the spacing in the first chapter ensues throughout the book along with photos.

That's nothing to do with the Solutrean hypothesis

>Solutrean hypothesis
Educate me

Educated myself, unless you have more to input.

How exactly does the Solutrean hypothesis NOT pertain to an ice bridge bringing over the first civilizers of America?

plz

Really? Fat evidence? In the interview with Rogan he says it's possible there is no plastic lying around from an older civilisation because maybe they deemed it was too harmful to nature to produce. He just dropped that sentence and moved on. Really think about what he just said. He is implying that a civilisation with science advanced enough to understand how to make plastic and the dangers it presents to humans and nature chemically, one with technology advanced enough to actually mass produce it, left behind no sign at all of them ever existing. And the only reason is because they didn't use plastic. Right.

I like listening to Graham because he is entertaining and thought provoking, but that's it really.

Plastic degrades over the course of a thousand years or two, the civ that you're referring to him to referring to was ~12,000 years ago.

That being said, you're trying to swallow the whole pill. Not sure going that far should be anything more than an interesting thought.

I was more referring to the geologic/genetic evidence that he talks about being suppressed because they don't align with the status quo and, really, shatter it.

I've heard his name already but it sounds and looks like middlebrow trash honestly.

Anyways, we've been piling up discoveries about a possible ancient civilization recently, and it gets absolutely ZERO coverage. We've uncovered an impact crater that coincides to the decade with Plato's tales of Atlantis, yet nobody talks about it?

>middlebrow trash

Sounds like you'd be into it, not saying it is ^ and you like ^ but rather I don't think it is ^

I'm happy you're a name fag. Easier to tell when the retard is posting

>middlebrow trash
does this mean it is not true, or sort of true, or what exactly does this mean

>Lmao, why people that claim that this "this guy is a charlatan" seem so angry about it?

I'm angry about it because he's fucking deluding people into believing false things in a manner that itself does harm to the process of credibility itself. If you can convince enough people that up is down, and the only reason we think otherwise is because the establishment has lied to us and tries to cover up the truth, then nobody's better off for it. We now just have a bunch of people who think the wrong thing AND mistrust the (correct) methods by which people have come to conclude the right thing. That's why I'm mad. Because it's a direct fucking attack on truth itself. And you're missing the point. Most of the "evidence" he uses is information that he himself has extrapolated on or sourced from dubious places AS A LAYMAN who has no actual understanding of the fields he's dealing with.

Yes, I'm fucking angry. I'm fed up with half-brained snake oil salesmen masquerading as heroic truthseekers fighting the big establishment bogeyman. It only serves to destabilize legitimate inquiry. Hancock's own narrative is that archaeology is stagnant and that the "established academics" don't like their narratives challenged, which is complete and utter B.S.. There have been plenty of strides in the field of archaeology that have challenged established narratives, and they have been accepted by the community based on the ACTUAL LEGITIMATE EVIDENCE provided.

It drives me up a wall with rage that some fucking retards will defend Hancock because he's so woke and he's not afraid to challenge the narrative! There literally is no mainstream "narrative" in archaeology. There's just what we know and what we don't know.

Plato himself did not take Plato's Atlantis literally.

Everybody sees academics as lying assholes now, youre way too late to fix that.

And dont try to conflate your part of academia with the respected parts like phsyics that have actual results for their theories

Genetics and evolution are a matter of facts. What are you trying to say?

>Genetics and evolution are a matter of facts.
>evolution
>facts
You lack proof of matter turning into life.

>Everybody sees academics as lying assholes now

Only some people who listen to IDW podcasts, certain other academics, and a smattering of conspiracy theorists do. In reality, plenty of people trust academics and academia as an institution; certainly enough to allow it to be one of the main determining factors of whether or not you trust someone's capabilities to do almost any particular specialized job. Even Jordan Peterson, great critic of academia as some "marxist propaganda machine" that he is, has specifically stated that most academics themselves are fair and reasonable people who are interested in seeking truth.

>abiogenesis is evolution
>muh proofs
figures you'd be too stupid to filter a tripfag

>Mentions Jordan Peterson out of nowhere
RENT FREE

The point is that he is an example of someone who is an open critic of academia (and many people point to him as one of their talking heads when they themselves mistrust academics), whereas even he himself trusts academics.

>Atheist intellectuals like Dawkins routinely derided and maligned
>Atheist intellectuals like Dawkins
>Atheist intellectuals
>intellectuals like Dawkins.

Could there be anyone as profoundly stupid as whoever posted this?

faggot butterfly strikes again

>Thoughts?

well.....

Funny, a lot of my professors in college (just graduated) were always telling us to question the status quo in our scientific pursuits

Post nose. Didnt watch the rogan podcast but I read the book years ago. Its pretty interesting but not as good as the on the CIA censored for 30 years.

cia.gov/library/readingroom/search/site/the adam and eve story: the history of cataclysm
>it looks like the uncensored version is deleted off of archive now
Welp I'm gonna die

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-175031_Drive.jpg (1080x1920, 881K)

Got a digital copy by chance? intrigued

Yeah I do. Where can I upload it without making an account?

it's on the lybgyn, i just found it

Google drive?

Is it the 150+ version or the cia scrubbed annotated one?

Abridged* not autocorrect just retarded

It's 120 'pages' but each page is in fact two pages, it's the only pdf on libgyn, so if you dont mind dlding a 60mb file then you can tell us if it's the legit one

No that's it see pic . Evidently this is still a reissue from the 90s and the true original may have been even longer by some 50 pages.

Damn, wish epubs were the norm

My bad then m8.
I find they often are on that site.

hold up, the CIA pdf which Ive just opened is clearly much smaller than the libgin one are you sure they're the same? The cia one is only 57 pages, which are all single pages, vs the 120 doublepages of the other

the cia one has a bunch of notices of 'sanitization' and the other one does not

That's exactly what I'm saying here man >it looks like the uncensored version is deleted off of archive now
This is a republishing from the 90s and yes is bigger than the CIA scrubbed one. The true original is said to be even larger.

Just upload the other one? Assuming you are

and if not, plz bro

>The true original is said to be even larger.
ah. Im confused though, are you the user who was saying he had a copy of the unscrubbed?

Here gofile.io/?c=UwDN7l

That's what it looks like to me, hopefully user uploads

a true gentleman, thanks user

that appears to be the exact same file, any given page on it that Ive checked is the same as the other one. Theyre both 120 pages of doublepage pdf scans, they are blurred even in the same parts of the pages.

Yeah I know the true original is actually gone forever. The CIA released one and the "accurate" re-release are the only copies that exist. The 320(+(?)) page original copy is seemingly gone forever.

well that sucks. i wonder why the cia even care about this sort of text, it seems like it would a)be read by few people in the first place, and b)not motivate them to do anything particularly problematic from the government's perspective.

Fake history is a deep rabbit hole man. You might see "mud flood" start popping up like flat earth conspiracy shitposts soon. Its tied to this "greater tartaria" lost/suppressed civilization.
cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp78-02771r000200090002-6

Attached: ru-16_ha.jpg (187x203, 11K)

Where or how was the original distributed?

imagine sucking academic cock this hard and not only that, but breaking lances on the internet for jewish professors FOR FREE

So buthurt lel, acadenia is a joke now you have to accept that no one will trust it soon untill some changes happen there.