I still love him bros

I still love him bros...

Attached: _106126925_3398002a-e530-4c3c-9206-33f4ae443805.jpg (660x371, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rzVYyxMLlao
youtube.com/watch?v=4LqZdkkBDas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We all do son, we all do

He did a far better job teaching young people about personal responsibility and basic human decency than most of their parents ever did. Whether you agree with him on everything or not, I'd say he's doing a pretty good job and is helping a lot of people.

His intentions are actually really good and his attempts at instilling personal responsibility into young people is admirable. We definitely need more Petersons around; I think the only gripe someone really has about him (if they're not plain SJW) would be that he blames some enemy external to society (a conspiracy of Cultural Marxists, among other people he effusively names) for the shortcomings of our generation, instead of accepting that the very collective system that fuels progress is responsible for our downfall as well.

>while you were reading 12 Rules For Life
>Peterson was dutifully fucking his wife

>The insidiousness of Jordan Peterson is that he simultaneously reduces timeless wisdom to self-help jargon and common sense advice while also affirming the righteousness and desirability of modernity. All of the problems that Peterson tackles are themselves just various manifestations of modernity itself, but nothing he talks or writes delves into this larger problem itself or how to deal with it. To the contrary, he takes religious texts that contain profound wisdom and teachings passed down through the ages and uses them as corporate bug-man self-help advice for kids who weren't raised properly. Peterson low-key pushes a mythos that western society in modernity is fundamentally just and a good thing and that aside from some irrational, stupid and greedy people that you have to deal with that everything is okay in principle.

>This couldn't be more wrong. Since the emergence of civilization most of the them were united by religious traditions teaching metaphysical knowledge. All the problems of the western mentality and society stem from the loss of this. Christ, the Neoplatonists and to some extent the Hermetics and certain Greek mystery cults all had it too but the Church eventually became an encrusted coffin of doctrine with no accompanying realizations to be had hence why it failed to prevent modernity from arising in the west. Without being connected to any higher understanding in any significant amount among it's intellectual elite, western society has ever since the renaissance has in free fall accompanied by materialism, nihilism, scientism and various other forms of spiritual and cultural degeneration. Peterson affirms all this as good by buying into the faulty idea of the linear progression of civilization and humanity and by shilling it to his unaware fans.

>Did you ever figure out why Peterson never seriously delves into eastern thought aside from a few boomer references to Buddhism and Confucius? It's because it totally destroys his worldview and offers completely different solutions to the ideas he address. Why did one of the largest and most impressive bodies of spiritual literature ever emerge out of society with a caste system? Because they are the right way to base a society. Most of the societal problems he address wouldn't even arise in a traditional eastern civilization pre-modernity but just reflect the state of the modern west. It's bad enough that he does all of this already but then he takes one of the few sources of timeless wisdom that are tradition in the west and reduces it to a source of bland common-sense life advice instead of a window to transcendental truths where all problems are resolved.

Attached: wojak_07.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg (1200x800, 290K)

*begins blubbering*

I think he's good for people that need him. My father was present in my life and so was my mother, so I don't look for very many self-help works. At this point in my life I have to make those mistakes myself.

>He did a far better job teaching young people about personal responsibility and basic human decency than most of their parents ever did.

Unironically this. Mom told me to clean my room and threatened me if I didn't. Peterson told me to clean my room and told me why it would be beneficial for me to do so.

challenge to all anons ITT: name Peterson's cologne brand. one-word titles only

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 12.27.29 AM.png (1359x584, 683K)

Chaos

smegno

So do I man

Homard

Effulgent

embodied

I don't blame you, it's much easier to love a person when they are broken and humiliated

lobsters

I don't hate him, he seems like a decent guy, but he's awful at speaking about something outside his field.

Articulate

PoMoDeCoNeMar

CBT

I appreciate his Maps of Meaning and biblical study lectures, but as a public intellectual he's been little more than a snobbish puppet for conservative culture war talking points. I read 12 Rules and I thought it sucked. It was dumbed down abbreviations of things he'd already said. I more or less wrote him off after that but he managed to disappoint me once again with the Zizek debate which he was shamelessly unprepared for and which he used to repeat age old talking points that didn't come close to engaging Zizek's ideas or arguments.

My read is he's somebody who worked very hard without much appreciation most of his life, but as soon as he found some success it went right to his head and his ego has taken over ever since.

>Mom told me to clean my room and threatened me if I didn't.
Worse, in my case the threats were empty and disobedience went unpunished. I wish my parents had beaten me.

His book legitimately helped my father turn his life around. He had been unemployed for nearly a decade and just kind of existed in a malaise of depression while his kids grew up and left and my mother worked her tail off for our sakes. He always thought getting a job in something not high level was beneath his education (various bachelors degrees and a masters), but he was not confident in himself enough to be able to do it, always making excuses like "oh I've been out of work so long nobody would take me seriously." Dad and I often talk about what we're reading with each other, and I lent him my copy of 12 Rules. He read it over the course of like two days, and shortly after he went out and got a basic retail job. He helps more around the house, he's more enthusiastically involved in our lives, and generally has a better outlook on his life and the future. I don't agree with everything JP has said or done, but I am so thankful that his book has touched my family's lives in the way that it has.

I know that's kind of a sappy tldr blog post but whatever, it's true. I can't not respect Peterson.

It's funny that young boys can also have role models with eating disorders now.

The literal advice 'wash your room' helped your father turn his whole life around?
Take your JP fanfic to the r/lobsters, bucko.

I know you're baiting, but that's hardly the premise of the book, and some people need to hear these sorts of things in a presentable way from an ostensible authority on the matter.

>jordan peterson
>authority on any matter
my god, i've read it all
please tell me you didn't buy the $2k limited edition carpet

>I don't know what ostensible means

Hes a kike lover

>so embarrassed by his post he starts playing semantics

>he feigns ignorance in his panic

>ignorance
i'm not the one buying JP books

remember when this board was completely filled with unironic peterson fans who would get incredibly defensive if you pointed out he was retarded

Your parents never loved you and never will. Memerson only wants your shekels. You're a massive loser, neck yourself

controlled opposition. whats he famous for??? opposing forced pronouns??? Wooow! He must be our savior! Only in a world so degenerate, so lost, so fallen and so utterly hopeless would such an obvious and easy thing make someone a hero.

he's really a testament to how horrible things are, that he is a well-known person with respect from some people.

Archetype

snake oil

BLOODY

Bull

Un-based.

Cringe

Daddy

I'm still here desu it just get tiring after a while to rebuke the same lying arguments. Might as well try to fight holocaust denial on /pol/

Jung

Clean your gas chamber juden

imagine the smell

this is true,I've been treated like an ornament by my parents my entire life

>he takes religious texts that contain profound wisdom and teachings passed down through the ages and uses them as corporate bug-man self-help advice for kids who weren't raised properly.
Isn't that the point of religion; to raise the fallen?
Some people (esp. leftists) have a problem with helping others.

youtube.com/watch?v=rzVYyxMLlao

Ideologues

I looked at this. It was all I needed to see.

He's a stylist, nothing more. A very good one, but tht's all.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-09 at 10.34.51.png (597x443, 126K)

no - the point of religion is to fend off ontological terror and keep societies ticking over as a result.

But, herr Hank, I don't have one, I'm cleaning yours remember?

How is this wrong?

> Why did one of the largest and most impressive bodies of spiritual literature ever emerge out of society with a caste system? Because they are the right way to base a society.
Gee, it sure is fun being stuck in a rigid hierarchy where my position in life is reinforced by religious texts. Lol you're born an untouchable just stay that way :^)))))))

Attached: Capture.png (406x501, 537K)

Pinocchio

lobstench

Yeah, that's funny XDDD

Stop your hyperbole. You know full well that he isn't stupid

u triggered bro?

Yeah

Imagine the smell... of your washed penis

nice

Attached: iu-3.jpg (469x339, 40K)

This. The way he capitalises on his 15 minutes of fame strides with the humble persona he tried to convey. He's just trying to sell himself now. His most valuable contribution can be found in his pre-fame YouTube lectures (2015), the rest is empty talk.

kind of hard to dislike him when all his critics are discord jannies and slavoj zizek....

kek

nice stockholm syndrome, enjoy the rest of your life based brainwashed user

Where did all the redditors come from?

>Where did all the redditors come from?
he said, as he bumped the thread once more

Logos

>Church eventually became an encrusted coffin of doctrine with no accompanying realizations to be had hence why it failed to prevent modernity from arising in the west.
You phrase this as though any world view could have "prevented" modernity when that is simply impossible.

>Why did one of the largest and most impressive bodies of spiritual literature ever emerge out of society with a caste system? Because they are the right way to base a society.

What? How could you possibly state that Eastern philosophical world order could be the "solution" to the problems in the west. People in the east have their own shit to dealk with because of the shortcomings of their own metaphysical schools of thought that arose from the remnants of Buddhism and Confuciusm.

I agree with a bunch of what you say, but to act as though the "East" has it figured out is ignoring all of the cultural issues that people in the West aren't exposed to.

Attached: noonehaseverdonethat.jpg (547x578, 55K)

did anyone here listen to contrapoints' take on peterson?

youtube.com/watch?v=4LqZdkkBDas

you should start calling him daddy

>Gee, it sure is fun being stuck in a rigid hierarchy where my position in life is reinforced by religious texts
Maybe you shouldn't have committed whatever actions in a previous life caused you to be born into that caste then retard. Also Sudras were always free to become acsetics and warriors, they were not serfs or slaves and could move around freely

>What? How could you possibly state that Eastern philosophical world order could be the "solution" to the problems in the west.
I'm not saying that we have to import eastern ideas and larp as easterners but that it offers a model for society. The only thing that can save the west now is a neoplatonic God-king who will protect the masses from the rapacious userers and the dealers of spiritually corrosive entertainment

>still
I never did. Don't dislike him either, though. He just doesn't really interest me. I'd rather read Nietzsche than listen to JPB's interpretations of him. And Jung with all his mysticism is simply not for me.

>rails against modernism
>views the church through a modernist perspective
Modernism is just extreme Protestantism.

>caste systems are good for conservatism
>the church was too stuffy
How does this writer not understand that Peterson is not diminishing these traditions, but lifting them up? It is true, his analysis is simple and does not impart the full mystery and grandeur of these positions--but look around! Any recognition of them at all is an improvement over their absence. Would we ever say that the catechisms are bad because they are not as complex and nuanced as the bible itself? If Peterson were selling his books to the children of devoted Catholics, the author would have a point. But Peterson sells his books to kids (and adults!) who never received anything of the kind before, or who have already lost it. Peterson's audience is not the devout but the searching. Although his wisdom is often mundane, it is valuable at least as much as it convinces people that there is actually wisdom at all in tradition. It's true Peterson is mired in modernism, but he is one of the first publicly accepted authors I've seen in many years which has caused any amount of people to think that maybe what is new is not good. Fine, criticism for not being enough, but I am relieved; as limited as he is, he is more than we've had in many, many, many years.

Suicide is a grave matter. I'm sorry you are feeling so low. Just remember, so long as you are alive, you can change. It is never too late. No mistake can outweigh the redeeming love of God's sacrifice.

You have already been saved by a God-King, the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings, the One True God. Before you would remove the mote from your brothers' eyes, first remove the log from your own.

this

>first remove the log from your own.

Attached: shit.jpg (600x646, 53K)

>You have already been saved by a God-King
If that's the case why is Wall Street-london-Talmudic-WTO-IMF axis being allowed to run America and the larger west into the ground? Why is usury so prevalent? If he saved he sure did a lousy job

Because you, and all of us, allow them to. Why are you more concerned with earthly power and reward than with eternal life? Usury is prevalent because people ask for it. People desire things beyond their means, and so make deals, sacrificing what is good for what is not theirs to have. How can you be angry at God, when you openly and readily admit that you have rejected his sacrifice? Why do you expect to feel the love that you have thrown away?

>hurr durr just let the Zio-NWO ruin everything and pray to the magic jew zombie to solve everything

>But I am innocent, why am I in hell?
Your choices are yours and yours alone. The evil of others does not negate, justify, or alter your own responsibilities in any way. How can you possibly restore righteousness to the world if you yourself are not righteous? How can you restore love to the world if you yourself are not loving? How can you restore beauty to the world if you yourself do not live a beautiful life? Each person is their own will. How do you expect others to have good will, if you do not make your own will good?

>instead of accepting that the very collective system that fuels progress is responsible for our downfall as well

Prove it.

The more I hear of this God fellow, the less I care for him

>there are many articles discussing Peterson's faults, but I still need a tranny to tell me why I souldn't like him.

Hello, Reddit.

He wants everything good for you, and has offered it freely. He created you, and everything that exists. You say you do not care for him. You say you do not want him, or what he offers. Why then are you surprised when you experience pain? If you reject life, what else remains but death? You are given the choice between everything and nothing, but somehow are shocked that when you choose nothing, it is truly nothing. And then you double your sorrow by blaming God for your choice, even when he has even given you the opportunity to change your mind, to choose again. Why do you think you know better than the creator of all things? Why do you think you know yourself better than he who made you? Why do you hurt yourself? You are loved.

One step at a time user. I kinda agree with you, but modern society only has time for quick fixes, if he can at least make modern society turn his head into eastern ancient philosophy, a crack is made and one can only hope that people start to inquire more into it.

Hegel

This one is my favorite

Thus you are ignorant on JP’s books

>Why then are you surprised when you experience pain?
Are you implying I'm in pain because I don't care for God? You realize that that doesn't exactly speak well of him. He seems kind of autistic, really

>And then you double your sorrow by blaming God for your choice,
Also, I never even came close to saying anything of this nature. Your preaching is hollow and doesn't seem to be anything more than a template that you use, regardless of context. That's just a theory, though, a game theory

>"School shootings can be prevented if sad single guys just get married to loving wives!"

This was a stupid argument and he should feel bad for making it.

If Slobbo Zizek and Peterson are the present and future of western intellectual discourse, then society is truly doomed

I doubt very much that that's all there is to that statement

Peterson has shocking and amusing anecdotes, like his story about the "smell of the unemployable", his friend who committed suicide, and the patient who created a resume of her dreams. His books may be popular but their only validity is in the strange stories he drops in every few hundred pages. He missed his calling as a memoirist or short story writer.

Did you mean to respond to me?

Please cite that statement but I think that’s it’s mostly true for school shootings (not for other kinds). To my knowledge they are all kids who are disconnected, I’ve yet to see a chad shooter.

Hahahaa......

wow, good post

God is Love. He has made everything for you. He has given his love fully and freely and he has even given you the ability to accept it or reject it. If he is love itself, and you reject him and his love, how can you possibly have him? How can you throw something away from you and also bring it into you? And to say it doesn't speak well of him, what does it say of you?

>God doesn't seem so great
>But I am not blaming God

I liked him when he seemed like a normal college prof who just happened to have a sense of responsibility. Don’t care for him now that he sells lobster items online

why does he keep posing with that stupid look on his face for photos

Considering that God made every thought, emotion and conclusion that runs through my head, I'd wager it says more about God. God invented every facet of every minutia in every aspect of creation. I also really feel His love when He forces seizures on me. What a cool guy. Please don't spew anymore of the bog standard banality that one always encounters when speaking with God pushers

This. Post fame Peterson is really unbearable.

>because something is said by many people, it cannot be wonderful, it cannot be true, and it cannot change my mind
It is strange that you consider your thoughts, emotions, and conclusions to be separate from you, as though they are another creation, an alien force within you, instead of seeing these things as an extension of yourself. When you touch a hot stove, you are not surprised when it burns, and you do not blame the universe for hot things, but yourself for being careless (or perhaps someone else for distracting you). Why do you think it is different for your mental actions?

>because something is said by many people, it cannot be wonderful, it cannot be true, and it cannot change my mind
Never said any such thing. It only applies to you, in this case
>It is strange that you consider your thoughts, emotions, and conclusions to be separate from you
I never said or implied that I do. You come off as a guy that's trying to be insightful, but you don't really say anything much of value. Your post has almost nothing to do with mine

>I did not imply the thing I implied.
You used the commonness and consistency with which you hear these arguments (supposedly) as a negative quality. That you have encountered it time and time again, always the same but from different people, has not caused you to reconsider, has not caused you to question your position, but has instead led you to listen less, to assume there is nothing meaningful in it, to believe that all those people are similarly vapid and delusion, while you, if not entirely right, are at least better off than us. At least you have your own mind, you think. And yes, you explicitly stated that you see your thoughts and emotions and conclusions as separate from you--you called them things created by God, running through your head. You are a passive recipient in this. You describe them not as part of you, but as foreign things God has put into you. It seems that you define yourself in whatever way allows you to escape blame, and in the process cut your soul into pieces, and set the pieces against each other.

>You used the commonness and consistency with which you hear these arguments (supposedly) as a negative quality. That you have encountered it time and time again, always the same but from different people, has not caused you to reconsider, has not caused you to question your position, but has instead led you to listen less, to assume there is nothing meaningful in it
No. I have heard and considered arguments similar and identical to yours. I have, as always, considered your particular brand of argument, and I have found it wanting.
>you explicitly stated that you see your thoughts and emotions and conclusions as separate from you--you called them things created by God, running through your head
If all things come from God, then naturally any part of me must as well. That doesn't mean I consider the thoughts separate from myself, only the origin of their presence and the mechanism by which it was "implanted" You must also understand that I'm speaking in the hypothetical, since I don't believe that your god exists and by that extension I do not think my thoughts come from Him
>It seems that you define yourself in whatever way allows you to escape blame, and in the process cut your soul into pieces, and set the pieces against each other.
I don't try to escape blame - there is no where to put it but on me. I am simply objecting to your assessment of God. It seems to me that you're trying to be the image of what a spiritual preacher should be. It all seems rather manufactured

>similar and identical to yours
As far as I can tell, you don't understand what I'm saying at all. What, exactly, do you think my argument(s) is(are)? Importantly, you say the brand of argument is what you find convincing. That is interesting. How have you identified it, and how have you determined that everything within this branch of argument can be dismissed? And the question I am raising with your thoughts, emotions, etc. is not whether God is responsible for parts, but why you consider them parts in the manner you do; you are not describing them the way you would describe a finger, in that the pain of a needle is not a thing, an object, a creation, but a shorthand for an experience, for a relationship between parts. So, yes, obviously, if God created everything, he created the parts. But he has left to us dominion over ourselves. This is what it means to have choice. We can determine our relationship with and within ourselves, and with and within God. You say you put blame on yourself, but when have you done so?

High resolution projection right there

Superman

Dragon

Leaf

Marduk

Attached: il_570xN.932553064_axx6.jpg (570x826, 84K)

jewess*