Steppenwolf

Does this get better? After finishing my first Dostoyevsky (The Gambler) I found this book at home and after twenty pages I found it too much sentimental and lacking dialogue and plot.

Attached: images (10).jpg (196x300, 7K)

Hesse is decent, but I've heard this is like his worst. Keep reading Dost.

no, read Demian

Attached: basedkaw.jpg (250x250, 23K)

Describe what you mean by plot and dialogue

I fucking loved it but i also kind of identified with it as a young bipolar spiritually challenged 4channer. Say what you want about its dialogue and plot but the book is one of the better surrealistic psychological novels.

>First book
>The Gambler
yikes, keep reading Dosto

The problem is that the protagonist isn't suppose to be sympathetic. He's just some loser you have to try and avoid becoming. He kind of reminds me of the /pol/ refugees that come to this board.

ITS SHIT. Hated it. Only memorable moment for me was when the woman called him a child for wanting to kill himself every time something goes wrong The rest is pure pretentious, empty circlejerking

>lacking dialogue

at least it's better than this shit called demian.

Keep reading Dosto and remember to save TBK for last.

Attached: 1503803994231.png (750x1060, 598K)

I wasn't fond of Rosshalde or Steppenwolf but I have loved The Glass Bead Game so far and Narziss and Goldmund. Rosshalde felt really lazy compared to the others, the actual story wasn't bad just felt eh.

Might just not be you style. Dostoys plot sometimes feels too solid to me. I like the lack of it in this book. Others hesse novels are more tradition. You may like those. This Is still one of my favorite books that impacted me to the core when first reading.

it's better than the gambler, but there are at least 5 other Dostoeyevsky books better than steppenwolf
however, steppenwolf is definitely worth finishing. it has an interesting storyline, and is thought provoking if you finish it.

I read Demian, then Steppenwolf and now
I am reading Narcissus and Goldmund.

Steppenwolf has some interesting scenes but overall I found it less memorable than Demian. I think Steppen is worth reading though.

its like 150 pages just read it nigger. that said just drop it and read the glass bead game instead if you want to change your gay life

>Dostoys plot sometimes feels too solid to me.

What is The Idiot?

i loved the ending to this book so much, it feels like a swirling psychedelic horror show just from the descriptions of the steppenwolfs behavior. the dialog is a little rough sometimes tho

it changes later on but it's not worth wasting time on it imo

This is the book that convinced me to not read books I am not enjoying after 100 pages.

I pushed myself through it and hated every minute.

Steppenwolf was pretty dope if you're a social recluse by choice, idk it described 75% of my life
>laugh
>dont take things too seriously
>just play the game
>love yourself
Lessons I got from it, at least

Attached: image0-38.jpg (589x589, 76K)

Yea it does, skip to the femdom gf part