Did Tolkien invent modern storytelling?

Did Tolkien invent modern storytelling?

Attached: 1557104436428.png (855x108, 50K)

>what I've read is everything
I really can't stand that

Damn, somebody should go back in time and shoot tolkien

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?
>The war that Tolkien wrote about was a war for the fate of civilization and the future of humanity, and that’s become the template. I’m not sure that it’s a good template, though. The Tolkien model led generations of fantasy writers to produce these endless series of dark lords and their evil minions who are all very ugly and wear black clothes. But the vast majority of wars throughout history are not like that.

Attached: martin.jpg (558x800, 123K)

>never explained the tax policy of westeros

Details not necessary to the story are better left to the reader's imagination.

Attached: ezgif-3-b04cd2711cc5.gif (480x270, 2.35M)

damn bros, why can't we be as civil and chivalrous as reddit?

Attached: Sin título.png (635x338, 134K)

>quibble

Attached: 670.png (657x527, 19K)

Maybe this pretentious hack should realise he was writing a fantasy story, not some greater societal commentary. Jezus fucking Christ.

Reddit is so fucking gay. If you use that hugbox you need to fuck off and stay there. Theyre all so stupid but pretend to be intellectuals. And they whore themselves out for upvotes and modify their posts so as to not get downvotes. That's what happens when you let women vote btw, intelligence goes down, emotional garbage goes up.

tolkien fags absolute cope over maestro martin's enlightened criticism of their gay linguist

This is peak manchild. You thought they were harmless so.yboys? Heh...wait until they gain positions of power.

And they're a hugbox that secretly hates each other; they'd love nothing more than to tear each other down and downvote to oblivion and they do so given any opportunity. Here we're openly rude but secretly a community of sorts.

>Reddit is so fucking gay. If you use that hugbox you need to fuck off and stay there. Theyre all so stupid but pretend to be intellectuals. And they whore themselves out for upvotes and modify their posts so as to not get downvotes. That's what happens when you let women vote btw, intelligence goes down, emotional garbage goes up.
cringe at people who actually think this way.

This Ghandi'd my misanthropy. I love everybody now.

*Gandhi'd

the more she drank the more she shat

"brown water" is the perfect metaphor for the ouroboric cycle of danny's self-inflicted punishment. truly a magnificent section of prose. what is your point?

>And suddenly his cock was out, jutting upward from his breeches like a fat pink mast.

and her pussy lips become the sails that take him into the sea of pleasure. again, masterful and erotic.

>t. Female redditor
Don't care, lick my dirty hairy Albanian asshole, lesbian trash.

Attached: f63.jpg (396x382, 24K)

based