One of the scariest (yet most important) realizations one can have is that there will always exist multiple people as...

>One of the scariest (yet most important) realizations one can have is that there will always exist multiple people as smart or smarter than you who subscribe to even the most idiotic belief you can think of.
Do you agree, Yea Forums?

Attached: Ingres-Vow-Louis_XIII.jpg (299x480, 35K)

Obviously not because the statement implies there is a hierarchy of intelligence which implies there is someone who is THE smartest. So this statement would be false when applied to everyone, which it is as it is a generalization.

This is just one flaw.

This statement is false because it is applying a property of infinity to a finite set.

it doesn't bother me remotely what another person believes as long as it doesn't involve murthering me or direct harm comes to me in any sense as a result of their idiotic beliefs.

>people as smart or smarter than you
what do you mean

like myself.

what do you know about race cars

Right, this If there is a strict hierarchy of intelligence, then there is no one smarter than the smartest person, consequently this generalization does not have validity. If there is not a strict hierarchy, then it is pointless. With a flaw like this, who needs another?

they go fast.

there is a smartest person though

Then the "there will always" should be changed to "there could conceivably be" or something like that

Is the entire point of this thread to take a dig at smart Christians?

oh i thought they were talking about atheists.

OP here, no it isn't
Apparently it's to make dishonest refutations that ignore what is obviously supposed to be the point

iam14andthisisdeep

Attached: 4fHYLz1.png (476x401, 342K)

just think of all the people dumber than you and half of them are dumber than that

No
R u bleeding or something

Very true

Attached: D5591137-8E02-40A5-95D1-E04033AA2A28.jpg (744x838, 212K)

>This is just one flaw.

Love this. I'll be using it often and with great exuberance.

Distinguishing between intelligence, knowledge, and virtue is helpful here. A highly intelligent person can have incorrect opinions if they are lacking in knowledge. A highly intelligent person with adequate knowledge can have incorrect opinions if they are lacking in virtue and deceive themselves.

untrue. the hierarchy could have three people of equal intelligence at the top. then his proposal would be true.

It isn't if you have infinite number of people, which you can argue, including future men.

>Obviously not because the statement implies there is a hierarchy of intelligence
The statement literally doesn't imply that at all
I fucking hate this board

Why should this be scary?

This statement alone suggests almost everyone is as smart or smarter than you, considering you're a fucking retard.

kek

>there will always exist multiple people
That's where you're wrong kiddo, multiplicity isn't real

Catholicism?

bump lol saved