R E A D P A L E F I R E

R E A D
P A L E
F I R E

Attached: A69690FD-B25E-466F-B973-0B2A05AFB427.jpg (1314x795, 83K)

w-what if I don't want to?

Just gave my senior seminar on it.

I'm about halfway through and loving it

The whole format of the book is like drinking a glass of undiluted lemon juice. It's unimaginable that a commentator could fuck somebody's work up so brutally, but I'm sure it happens

What was Blade Runner's deal in having this book as a plot point when Pale Fire itself is a wacky comedy book?

L I K E
L O L I T A
A N D
T H E D E F E N S E
H A K O K O V
H A D
T O
S T E A L
T H E
I D E A

Attached: Picture_of_Thomas_Carlyle.jpg (170x226, 7K)

It was K's favorite book; he's a man of intellect or more precisely he doesn't waste time watching film or consuming lesser mediums; he's not like you, the viewer

Kinbote thinks the poem is about him as an exiled king of a crystal land, when in reality he's just a loser gay academic. K(inbote) thinks similarly with the legend. He also consumes quality literature and likely thinks relatively highly of himself, when really it's just his assigned baseline, like Roy Batty with his "what it is to be a slave" bit. It's this big emotional monologue as he drifts off into death, but Leon said the same thing while fighting for his life.

It is something like an ego test. If You ego starts to crumble when reciting those words, that is no bueno for a replicant, because he should not be having an ego at all. I think smth like that was the explanation.

I was the shadow of the waxwing slain
By the false azure of the windowpane
I was the smudge of ashen fluff--and I
Lived on, flew on, in the reflected sky.

Pale fire is kino and if you haven't read it, you are not patrician

Yea Forums talks about nothing but GoT genociding them and feet, what are some quality films that are as fun to watch as BR2049? I know nothing about cinema and have no idea where to start, but I'm very tired of superhero movies. I haven't seen much. Mad Men is probably my favorite show, A Fistful of Dollars is my favorite movie.

Watch Yojimbo, which inspired A Fistful of Dollars. Then watch Rashomon, which is like literary cinema

Both Suspiria's are really great. Though my favorite movie of all-time is Whiplash. It's a perfect movie. I cry for the last 15-20 minutes everytime.

Whiplash is pretty good, but you should watch some Peter Greenaway films. A Zed and Two Noughts is a masterpiece

S H O V E
I T
U P
Y O U R
A S S

Take a walk lady.

just fucking stop please

>but I wanna read pale fire. Oh nooooo!

Attached: 4BF9854E-8A58-4BAD-8465-9F9BAAB977BC.gif (600x447, 2.79M)

Will it give me a holographic waifu?

fuck off pseudo-butterfly
also you now remember that real butterfly is over 40 now ;_;

Attached: slutterfly.jpg (640x481, 40K)

kys diego

dumbledore dies at the end

>21st century
>he still believes in originality
Never gonna make it.

its shit

Attached: 094.jpg (1280x939, 175K)

Forty-six

Attached: It's nice to be home.jpg (500x313, 96K)