Lit Quarterly

Hello all. This is the second thread regarding a project I hope to complete this fall. It is called the Lit Quarterly. It is a self-funded, non-profit attempt to "publish" some of the writers on this board. Looking for contributions. Email me at [email protected]

Looking for:
>3-4 literary short fiction (max 5000 words each, sorry not genre fiction) C$200 for selected works
>one or two poems (max one page) C$150 for selected works
>one or two essays (max 3500 words) C$200 for selected works
>input for where/how to print and design the physical copies of the book (it seems like amazon only does kindle stuff for self-publishing?)

If you're reluctant about sharing your work, feel free to email me and chat. A couple people emailed me last time and they seem to be intending to contribute.

[email protected]

Attached: litquart.png (1776x538, 309K)

you seem like a fag

Why don't you contribute?

there were two guys doing something like this. the clover trinity guy and you. are you the same guy? could you condense your efforts together into one project?
the issue is that no one wants to get published by something obviously tied to Yea Forums of all places.

If Yea Forums won't be in the name I could contribute but i'm not going to if it's called "Yea Forums quarterly."

I'd consider writing an essay but I'd like some more guidance. I'd probably write something about foreign policy, politics, and the internet.

When's the due date for submission?

will you at least have a website?

I agree with this.
I have a few poems I'd be willing to submit but I'm skeptical about anything transparently tied to Yea Forums. If it is I might submit with a pseudonym.
What method are you using to send the money?

I would be very interested (as a reader) to see how this project turned out. Unfortunately I am German and don't really like writing in English, otherwise I would perhaps contribute myself. I can understand the concerns regarding the obvious connection to Yea Forums, maybe just consider a different name?

I'll submit. Who gives a fuck.

No, I'm not the same guy. I have no intention of tying it to Yea Forums. I just want to collect and print a small collection from people who are trying to write seriously, myself included. I think there are quite a few people here who are stuck at the stage between starting to like what they're writing, but not motivated enough to polish it up. Having a deadline and some dialogue with another writer under the same deadline will, I think, be helpful.

If you're interested in foreign policy, politics, and the internet, those all within the realm of the time of content I want to include.

My sabbatical begins in September so that is when I will be able to dedicate a lot of time to editing back and forth and discussing the content and preparing for print. Want to print by December or January. But taking submissions now.

I have no intention of having one. What would I need it for?

I don't plan on directly tying it to Yea Forums and would pay selected authors through paypal.

Yeah, I understand that too. I thought "Lit Quarterly" would be a good title, but it seems to rub people the wrong way. Will use it simply as a working title for now.

Awesome!

>I have no intention of tying it to Yea Forums.
Alright. In that case I'd be interested in submitting something, as long as the magazine's reputation wouldn't be anything that would drag my name through the mud for an association.
I'll mail when I have content worth submitting. Thank you for clarification.

No problem. But I don't want to mislead you: this is a *very* modest project and I don't know what shape it will take by the time the dust settles.

I am interested in getting a copy later on. Any way to check on you?

just my email address: [email protected]
Assuming this project comes to fruition this fall, I will probably post a link here.

Is this a sort of eleborate ruse where you attempt to crowdsource a literary career?

Thanks, I'll hit you up in a few months.

No, not at all. I've been writing for quite a while but have never had my worked edited by a fellow writer. Nor have I seen my writing in print. I sense that a lot of people are in a similar situation...they've reached a bit of a ceiling where they aren't motivated enough to take the next step. I've decided to use some of my extra cash to push myself and others towards taking that next step.

Plus, I think it will be fun and intellectually stimulating.

I think a pun on illiteracy would be a good title.

The il/lit/erates is almost certainly too on the nose, but something in that vein.

Yeah, I like the idea of something subtle and ironic, rather than pretentious.
>the ostrich quill

Does submissions have to be exclusive to your quarterly?

Will submit under a pen name.

Can you clarify on this ? What is the editing you're talking about?

For name, Nona is my suggestion.

I would say so. If your writing gets accepted elsewhere, or is previously published, I'll just not publish it. Looking for original writing.

When you submit something, if it's already in perfect shape and is what I'm looking for, I'll print it. But if I think it needs work, I'll give you feedback and criticism and we can discuss how to polish it up for printing.

>The Il/lit/erati

>I would say so. If your writing gets accepted elsewhere, or is previously published, I'll just not publish it. Looking for original writing.
Ah, I should have been a bit clearer. I intend to publish/release whatever I write for free here on 4chins regardless, much like Feistamel-sensei. I don't care much for big publishing, I just want to make my work easily available, but wouldn't mind if it is included in your quarterly if it meets the quality standard.

Ah, I see. I'd have to think about it, but I don't think you releasing it here would impact its acceptance in the quarterly.

Will each iteration of this thing have a specific, uniting theme that the submissions should address?

Perhaps going forward, there will be a more well-defined theme or concept. Right now, I just want good, realistic literary short fiction, political or literary essays, and a bit of poetry.

what kind of poetry are you looking for?

clover trinity guy here. LLC costs more than anticipated so i'm saving up. still planning on having it be a thing eventually to exclusively publish 4channers

bazed

I honestly know very little about poetry...just something short and evocative. Normally wouldn't include it, but I think there is room for one or two.

OP here. Would I actually require an LLC if I'm just printing and selling at cost? Should I insist that everyone submit anonymously?

thanks for update
do all the other magazines register as LLC? even university printing presses and such? i could think it could be reclaimed from profits. charge outsiders for submissions, charge outsiders for issues. I know it's not typically a profitable venture but it might recoup your costs at least.

since there's actually money involved i might be okay doing this, despite the reputational risk. normally the people who try to start these just want to publish their dreck alongside our best and then self-publish for jewcoin

Looks cool. I'll buy a copy once I see some verification that people actually got their Mammon.

I hear you. I am intending to publish what I think is my best story. Look forward to your contributions.

What are the chances of being chosen?

It depends how many submissions there are. So far, I've had two poems and a short short story submitted. It just depends what the entire pool of entries looks like at the end of the summer.

>work together meme

ugh jesus, everyone knows one person can do a task, but a group of retards will fuck it up and accomplish nothing but having endless consultancy meetings.

And obviously many will use pseudonyms. Perhaps it should even be mandatory to fit the tone of the magazine.

Attached: warning.png (1925x1077, 1.44M)