So is the Quran actually shit tier religious literature?

So is the Quran actually shit tier religious literature?

Attached: download (3).jpg (300x168, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ef8Ci5Zc3ZA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mohammedans say it's good in Arabic but I'm skeptical.

It's just more Abrahamic desert nonsense.
Go east if you want something decent

It's poor and filled with repetition.

The "Red phone booths are so much classier" tier of theology.

you have to read it in the original Arabic, translations are trash

The Gita?

It can't be worse than Dianetics or the Book of Mormon

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING DOG ISLAM IS THE LIGHT AND THE WAY PEACE BE APON MOHAMMADthegreatestandlastprophetofmostholyGod

REPENT AND YOU MAY STILL BE CALLED BROTHER FOR ALLAH IS MOST MERCIFUL GOD.

Never insult Islam again.

It's apparently best formatted as a semi-musical chant in Arabic

>believing illiterate mudniggers
NO REALLY I SWEAR ITS GOOD

That's how most Muslims remember it. Most don't even know what it means since they don't speak Arabic, but they can recite the chant.

Fuck Islam.

Yes it's garbage. Religious texts generally are filtered stories that have survived for millenia because of their validity and were enhanced in beauty or significance over time. With the quran you don't get the collective effort of construction and improvement since they had to remember and recite it word for word so there's no filtering process, or very little. So most other great religions are very profound products of entire civilizations whereas the Quran is some random guy in the desert with epileptic fits. Without the larger history around it it's basically mormonism.

It is boring and repetitive if you read it in English. Reading it in Arabic is a different experience.

>t. Former Muslim

I appreciate the artistic qualities in the Quran though, a lot of the verses rhyme as well.

By the way the Hafiz, or those who memorize the entire Quran are almost always very intelligent in my anecdotal experience. Their memory is superb.

I believe it. I assume what lyrical quality the quran has it has aquired because of their efforts or maybe their mistakes if you will.

>t. Former Muslim
Wasteman.

No, that doesn't make sense. The Quran's verses are originally rhythmic. There are plenty of videos of imams reciting the Quran - it has a mystical pull, even for someone who has no idea what it means.

My grandfather was an imam for well over 40 years and had memorized the Quran. When i was younger after dinner before Isha i listen to him and his friends in the mosque recite long passages of the Quran, though i didn't understand what was being said it was a very soothing and religious experience.

You guys have any youtube videos that show what it's supposed to sound like?

found this one
youtube.com/watch?v=ef8Ci5Zc3ZA

Especially if you don't know what it means

It sort of sounds like a hymn. I think it does have artistic merit in Arabic now

How do I start a great religion in the modern era bros?

Hinduism. There's like a thousand gods in it and you can choose anyone to worship. Can't eat beef though.

Some sects can. It's a very diverse belief system.

No I want to convince everyone that Evangelion actually happened and we're all descendents of Shinji and Asuka

Attached: 3000B6B2-7683-4BCF-A773-C81CBA87BF42.jpg (3024x2913, 2.05M)

I seriously recommend the Gita. My favorite passage in all of literature is the Eleventh Teaching where Krishna reveals his true, divine form.

Attached: 845b603bfe.jpg (296x387, 38K)

Serious case of Poe's Law in this post