Antinatalism

*exhales cigarette smoke*

"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? But in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist... I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself - we are creatures that should not exist by natural law... We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody... I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing, walk hand in hand into extinction - one last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal."

Attached: rust cohle.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GmhS_IYnjcA
slatestarcodex.com/2017/08/16/fear-and-loathing-at-effective-altruism-global-2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=vW8yBnpN48w
youtube.com/watch?v=9d3qFZdGnwo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And in the end he learned to love Jesus. Every atheist is one step from believing in God.

>And in the end he learned to love Jesus.

He didn't learn to love Jesus. He became Jesus.

>past a certain age a men without a family can be a bad thing

Attached: 10-true-detective-finale-4.w330.h330.jpg (330x330, 34K)

He was right about everything and we know it.

Attached: 97itughtd658.png (1087x539, 893K)

season 3 imploded on itself in the finale

Yea Forums - tv series and religion

I've only seen season 1 and loved it. I've heard mixed reviews of 2 & 3. Worth watching?

It's worth watching but don't expect the same atmosphere and the philosophical theme in season 2 and 3 or you'll get disappointed.

Also,
Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 2
I'd skip season 2 and watch season 3.

gotcha, ty

Attached: Garbloaf.png (580x490, 208K)

I hate Colin Farrell.

Season 1 is pure kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=GmhS_IYnjcA

Tfw you thought this was going to be a let's shit on David Benetar thread but then it was actually a Yea Forums thread.

_

>we are creatures that should not exist by natural law
wut

way to sneak theism in the back door there buddy

>tfw you can't into any kind of depressing philosophy because you unironically enjoy living

All philosophy makes you question life, if you question life is because you have struggle, if you don't have struggle is because you're a normie and you have to fuck off.

Sorry to burst your unhappiness bubble m8

>bubble

Happiness is, struggle it's a conscious state of mind.

Look it's a fun show, but Rust Cohle is just James Bond for jaded incels.
- other characters constantly talking about how smart, cool he is
- super good at drugs, drawing, weapons, hunting, the katana
- edgy as hell and doesn't care who knows it
- super strong and handsome
- whenever he's not around, all the other characters say, "Where's Rust?" "Seems like something Rust would know about"

You're just jealous ;) lil crush maybe..?

> I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution.
It's the first step needed to fix the real errors.

>- other characters constantly talking about how smart, cool he is
everybody is constantly shitting on him, did you even watch the show? Marty makes fun of him constantly, the other cops think he's a weirdo, he can't keep a relationship, multiple characters make fun of his alcoholism, etc.

Is that thing of eternal recurrence blatantly inspired by Nietzsche?

what

Yeah and the rest of Rust's philosophy is basically just Ligotti.

Antinatalism is wrong because without people there is nothing.

Without an eardrum to vibrate, or a retina to be exposed, and no mind to create a representation based on this information there is literally nothing. Reality would become one big disordered soup with no sense of scale.

there are plenty of other animals with eardrums and retinas and minds.

this line of thought reminds me of a slatestarmemex post:
slatestarcodex.com/2017/08/16/fear-and-loathing-at-effective-altruism-global-2017/
>I got to talk to some people from the Foundational Research Institute. They do a lot of research, and a lot of it is very good, but they’re most infamous within the community for their particle work. It goes like this: the universe is really really big. So if suffering made up an important part of the structure of the universe, this would be so tremendously outrageously unconscionably bad that we can’t even conceive of how bad it could be. So the most important cause might be to worry about whether fundamental physical particles are capable of suffering – and, if so, how to destroy physics

I was actually hugely disappointed in season 1. It had such promise— elite pedophile ring, evil in high places, an unveiling of the rot which is all around us— but in the end, who was the villain? Some inbred white hillbilly innawoods. Yawn.

This is a great post. Thanks for sharing.

I have to be honest and say that my discounting of animals rests on bigotry. It can be argued that they have a less sophisticated experience, but it’s hard to say that a cow can’t feel the same spectrum of pain and fear a human can.

It’s interesting for me that most of people that deny that animals are simply meat machines also think that humans are - at base - meat machines

Disappointed, there's always room to shit on Benatard

Everything after the time jump was absolute shite

have sex

He was right.

Childhood is when you think Rust was right, adulthood is when you realize Marty was right.

Yeah it's like it could be this big Eyes White Shut thing encompassing and unifying all aspects of the show, but really it's just evil and obsessed Forrest Gump.

>Marty was right.

About what? Being a traitor with actual no responsibility and destroy your family?

This, Rust managed to go through a lot of shit in his life and obviously put some thought in it, Marty was just a stupid braindead until the second half of the events.

fpbp

cringe and heresypilled

I don't know why you brainlets look up to Rust. He's fucking beat and he knows it. The entire story is about his redemption and finding hope once more. Believing that good is not only possible, it is worth fighting for. Faggots.

He had more grounding in reality and living, and he learned gratitude in the end.

alright rewatching S1E1 because of you nerds

seriously go back and listen to Rust. he's a fucking pseud making pseud claims. such as humanity evolved itself apart from nature and so deserves to be removed from nature. edgy garbage.

antinatalism is pretty based but this rambling is retarded

Attached: 067C4875-E015-4DEE-A18D-9961D5DAC70D.png (500x541, 138K)

I didn't like it when the show went from the crime to a focus on family drama.

Ok poster who does not use the shift key.

Attached: 00000005.jpg (1280x1831, 340K)

i used the shift key for the episode and season letters and to capitalize Rust because he is a proper noun deal with it

t. living in your head rent free and speaking softly

oh yeah and btw it was always a family drama from the start you big ignoramus. from the very first. marty has two daughters and a wife he is not faithful to and rust has a wife that abandoned him and a daughter he lost. it was a family drama from the jump. marty's fuckin and rust is volcel-in' because of his apprehension about living as a doomed creature. eventually he recovers. maybe. in case you need the message beaten into your brainpan: the best things in this world and the only reasons worth living are our children.

(it's the argument against antinatalism. how can you be so incredibly dense. someone should put you in a reactor and heat you up.)

The better question is - why is Rust popular with Normies? The ingrained nihilism that is part of everyday life today?

because detached nihilism is the midwit's answer to suffering

when they finish developing a brainsteam they realize that goodness depends on them. the call of the void is a shitty life partner. manchildren become adults when they learn they need family obligations. women stay children forever. notice none of the main characters are women. all of the women in true detective exist only to inflame and frustrate the real humans (men) including the antagonist.

Is this bait or are you actually a brainlet?

He was just a patsy. The pedo ring was real.

not that user but he's not wrong. see bishop barron's delight about guys like hitchens: atheists who spend all their free time poring over religious texts, completely in love with the idea of God (but being too proud of man's achievements to embrace him)

Can you post the source, that sounds interesting

literally the first result for
>bishop barron hitchens
ya cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=vW8yBnpN48w

enjoy

They're doing that in a way that stresses how enigmatic and tortured he is, which is enormous wish fulfillment for little beta incels

No its Zapffe which was cribbed by Ligotti

>Antinatalism is wrong because without people there is nothing.
anthropocentric nonsense

If you are white and don't have kids, the kikes win.

Let them win then, my existential decisions are not predicated on some eternal beyond-life struggle against an ethnoreligious group

okay but my eternal life has already begun here on earth and the jews who by definition have rejected christ will not be joining me for the rest of eternity so why not just be a chad and let them have the earth

the jews invented christuckery and the idea of heaven. this is cuck thinking.

no dummy that was the greeks and christians

_

>reality would become one big disordered soup with no sense of scale

where do you think you are

We humans owe our very existence to the not-nothing that was here before us.

I didn't mind the finale and actually thought the last scene was incredible. Could have ironed out the exposition though, the pacing was off for sure

There is not a single argument in any of this.
It's full of expressions to vague to be communicative; key terms are undefined. This is just a series of beliefs presented with absolutely no justification. Fauxlosophy, at best.

Dumbass breeders showing their true colours in this thread. Sad!

This
Is there anything more stupid than bre*ders

Wish they continued at least another season with these two characters, other ones are quite bland compared to them.

No they were doing it in a way to show that he was coping with his daughter's death by becoming an unlikeable edgelord. How can you miss the point that much

Imagine not wanting to conquer the universe.

this

Fun fact: the whole first season was based on the censored parts of Demons by Dostoyevsky

The ending act was pure kino, when Rust has the hallucination in the dark I was tripping.

youtube.com/watch?v=9d3qFZdGnwo

why the fuck would I want to conquer the universe

>seriously go back and listen to Rust. he's a fucking pseud making pseud claims
This was my impression first time I saw it. I don't know enough philosophy to really judge, but what I was hearing sounded like an attempt to sound clever with little behind it

I've only watched the first 2-3 episodes of season 2 and it felt like what was an intricate story with different themes explored pretty well (season 1) turned into a generic cop show like NCIS or Law & Order so i dropped it like hot garbage

It's just shorthand Zappfe
>The tragedy of a species becoming unfit for life by overevolving one ability is not confined to humankind. Thus it is thought, for instance, that certain deer in paleontological times succumbed as they acquired overly-heavy horns. The mutations must be considered blind, they work, are thrown forth, without any contact of interest with their environment.
>If the giant deer, at suitable intervals, had broken off the outer spears of its antlers, it might have kept going for some while longer. Yet in fever and constant pain, indeed, in betrayal of its central idea, the core of its peculiarity, for it was vocated by creation’s hand to be the horn bearer of wild animals. What it gained in continuance, it would lose in significance, in grandness of life, in other words a continuance without hope, a march not up to affirmation, but forth across its ever recreated ruins, a self-destructive race against the sacred will of blood.

anti natalism is only rivaled by new atheists in their bourgeois naivete and arrogance

>conquer the universe
>im-fucking-plying you'll ever accomplish anything so grand
I'm not even anti-natalist, and believe that people can find happiness in creating family, but this is pure cringe. Genuinely fedora tier. You're not conquering shit, your greatest accomplishment is going to be a 6/10 wife, middle/upper middle class status, and 2.5 kids, not conquering the universe.

You've gotta conquer the universe if you want to live forever, bro.

Why would I want that?

Imagine not wanting to live forever.

you should wash up you got some pussy on ya

Attached: youshouldwashupyougotsomepussyonya.jpg (1428x800, 134K)

"I have been thinking that the reason life exists is that it's a gift and not the burden we carry for the rest of our lives. We take it out of the world as fast as we can, and we can do it, but how can we truly live without it?"
"Yes. I find it interesting that you do. I mean, if death is the ultimate gift, why do some people feel so strongly that they're just not worthy or valuable or important? It really just seems kind of silly to me."
"Yes. It does."
Carm, who had been waiting to hear someone explain the gift, leaned forward and hugged her.
"It's all just a joke," he said. "It shouldn't be a thing. It shouldn't matter. We should try to put on a façade of sanity and goodness to fit in with all this horrible shit. Just, like, not exist."
"That's not how the world works," Ruby scoffed.

Is there something as good as TD1? I need more

Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul.

also fags will disagree with me but The Shield.

y'all don't know about the money train

The wire, sopranos

fuck the wire david simon is a democrat pig who made his fortune writing black thug stereotypes

Shield is the best show I watched along with TD1 and OZ

>everybody's nobody
No, some people are somebodies. It's the nobodies who should kill themselves. Let see how long the somebodies survive without them.