Anyone want to discuss this man's literary works?

anyone want to discuss this man's literary works?

Attached: tom-wolfe-radical-chic-me-decade-right-stuff-michael-lewis-the-white-stuff.jpg (768x523, 108K)

Shuh-mun

No. He looks pretty gay.

The man had fashion.

Radical Chic and Mau Mauing the Flak Catchers still holds up.

His novels are spectacular

Attached: Tom Wolfe Picture.jpg (367x500, 61K)

Kek why did he wear the suit

His power of observation is simply amazing. Wish he’d written more novels. A contemporary one set in DC would be amazing. Also a hollywood one wouldve been good

Yeah. If anyone who isnt a burger ever wants to know whats up, they should read his novels. Ive always wondered if he had equivalents in other countries.

Why does he trigger normie millenials so much?

He does? In what way?

Cool. I love Tom Wolfe.
>His novels are spectacular
Which do you recommend? I've only read his nonfiction.

Isnt he like slightly conservative? All it takes sometimes

Bonfire of the vanities to start

Read some of the assblasted goodreads reviews

make this thread again tomorrow after I finish A Man In Full

Only one of his novels i havent read yet. Good?

He's quite the Dandy ain't he ?
What did he write ?

hes absolute shit, hunter thompson tier

He was from the south, where I guess back in the day everybody wore white suits instead of the usual dark colors
He was racist, or at least more racist than acceptable

And the assblassted commie makes his appearance.

Filtered
I mean its definitely a sort of uniform he gave himself. Sure hes talked about it somewhere. Know a lot of kids who went to his school in richmond; daughters of the american revolution types

Yeah, I like it. Every bit as good as The Bonfire of The Vanities in my opinion.

The Right Stuff is excellent.

Wolfe adopted wearing a white suit as a trademark in 1962. He bought his first white suit, planning to wear it in the summer, in the style of Southern gentlemen. He found that the suit he'd bought was too heavy for summer use, so he wore it in winter, which created a sensation. At the time, white suits were supposed to be reserved for summer wear.[37] Wolfe maintained this as a trademark. He sometimes accompanied it with a white tie, white homburg hat, and two-tone shoes. Wolfe said that the outfit disarmed the people he observed, making him, in their eyes, "a man from Mars, the man who didn't know anything and was eager to know."

Basado

love wolfe

Has Wolfe really done anything of real importance besides appearing on a Simpsons episode?

What is New Journalism, Mr. Trebek? And, um, my condolences on the cancer.

Fucking dunce.

I read The Right Stuff a couple of months ago. It still holds up strong, as if the Mercury Project were just yesterday.

His novels do not hold up as well and got worse as he got older. Back to Blood is really awful. Bonfire and Man in Full are masterworks, though. Ambush at Fort Bragg and his essays on art are also pretty damn good reads. The less said about I am Charlotte Simmons the better.

disagree re: back to blood

It's been several years since I read it, but I recall it left a bad after taste. The characters were more caricaturish than his previous novels. I may be biased since I am Cuban American. The police officer was too much of a one-not character for me. I did dig his passages about Art Basel and the sequence where the Russian belittled the Cubanita who worked for the psychotherapist. The school kids from Opa Locka, or was it Liberty City, did ring true, though. I think overall the novel did not give me a deeper understanding of anything related to the 305, which was not the case with Bonfire and NYC and Man in Full and Atlanta.