Attached: h.jpg (289x475, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shmoop.com/dune/book-i-chapter-1-summary.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I read it aged about 11

git gud OP

Because it gets boring after the palace intrigue concludes

Who gives a fuck about worms n shit

How? The first half is just court intrigue and the second half is a pretty basic adventure story. I agree that it's kinda boring though, I expected something wilder out of the premise.

Would you say it is dry?

ever read the sequel? thats when the real boring shit starts

Have a (you).

Attached: amadeuslaugh.png (531x376, 283K)

I can't imagine how someone could find it difficult but it seems that people have difficulty with the made up sci-fi lingo.

This whole concept is hard to grasp tbph. I mean, inferring the meaning of words from context is a pretty huge part of learning to read. If you're literate enough to read a book in the first place, surely you shouldn't be confused at the notion of unfamiliar words?

I'd make an exception for non-native speakers, mind you, because they'll have a harder time spotting the words that are Dune-specific and might just assume their vocabulary isn't big enough.

Does your copy not include the fremen dictionary?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought this, I bought Dune Messiah years after reading Dune and couldn't finish it because I thought it was so boring. I was positive that Dune was not this slow but it had been long enough since I read it that I couldn't be sure.

I liked the first dune a lot, but just got lost reading the sequel. It's all over the place, only after finishing the book do you actually understand what the fuck was going on the entire time. Little bit excessive for like 800-1000 pp book.

Eh? Pretty sure it was about 300 at the most. Shorter than the first for sure.

The first book is just standard adventure schlock. Interesting concepts are explored in the sequels, but they go over the heads of low IQ readers.

Boo!

Wait for the movie, idiot.

It sucked like most classics recommended by reddit.

It's just the HRE in space, with mentats. What's so hard about that?

Read some other, less complex stuff first. You know, LotR, Lovecraft, ASoIaF. Cultivate a bit of reading comprehension, and you'll be able to read Dune. You still wont get it all, but thats part of the series' magic.

>Director: Denis Villeneuve

Attached: ds.jpg (879x773, 36K)

start off with something easier.

Attached: GR.jpg (253x397, 37K)

Chapter summaries online helped me understand Asimov's Foundation at least partially. Try:
shmoop.com/dune/book-i-chapter-1-summary.html

It's actually a good thing, as long as this time they hire a good screenwriter and force villeneuve to listen to him.

the palace intrigue was the boring part

i loved the real desert shit. except chani. fuck chani.

put a bookmark at the end so you can look up words

I've dropped it twice. It's not HARD as much as it is a pain in the ass to remember every single faggot's name.

The names aren't even remotely memorable, they're all alien nonsense that blur together, making it even harder to keep track of the cast, elements of the environment, etc.

I like to think Sci-Fi just sucks, but I know the real problem is that their reality is too different from mine to be relatable and I can't stretch my imagination far enough to resonate with it.

Attached: image.jpg (755x708, 605K)

you are a brainlet rofl

Don't ever read anything by a Russian.

The problem is you.

Attached: 1552568344902.jpg (1272x1885, 212K)

I read Master & Margarita well enough. That was a cake walk compared to Dune.

No shit, you dumbass weeb.

That's the best cover I've seen of it

Master & Margarita is very different to most famous russian works

keked

Play the hentai game instead.

Then just watch the movie :)

Yep. Paul and Jessica. Such nonsensical names. I could hardly remember them either.