What‘s the one book that leaves you feeling like life‘s damn good after all?

What‘s the one book that leaves you feeling like life‘s damn good after all?
Because i really need that in my life right now. Thanks a lot dear frens.

Attached: 23CCD03F-5AA9-4848-9FBC-0F41B4C89704.gif (540x296, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IXXAYlkUn-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

always the Tao Te Ching for getting through the dark times

Attached: 984523452354.png (831x662, 620K)

love the tao te ching!

Sounds comfy. Thanks!

Read some Emerson and transcendentalism. It'll give you a little more pep to your step ;)

>she

Prometheus Rising
Makes me feel like no matter how fucked up my mind is at the moment I can always 're-program' it with the tools the book gives

Taoism is one of the very few things keeping me going. Some reason it makes me feel clam and that everything might turn out right in the end.

i only got into it during a major depressive episode but ever since then i've always known that it has this weird power to always be more on-point than whatever horrible feelings i am having. really one of the greatest books ever written

Laozi even says that, he says, 'people abandon the Way but the Way does not abandon people.' it's really true too. i go off and read all kinds of other stuff and then i come back and it's all there, as if to say, 'so, you're back again, hm?'

this is my favorite edition

Attached: ab1c08ab1f72d5bc6f285cecc3957ef9.jpg (300x450, 18K)

>"bee lake woter my fren".
Cheap philosophy. No wonder it appeals to
>she

Old pond
Frog jumps in
Sound of water

We really don‘t need this itt. It‘s only for fren feelings. Sorry user.

It has a power over me, too. I keep it and the other pieces of Tao literature close to my heart. It's also nice to read in the tranquility of nature, if you get a chance. Hope you can find a way out of your darkness, user.

Attached: flowers.gif (410x501, 1001K)

but life isn't good fren :(
youtube.com/watch?v=IXXAYlkUn-M

Exotic things good
Western things bad
>I was very depressed then this [insert random foreign "philosophy" cherry picked for its
similarity with christian theology] really changed my life
kys yourself my dude

>faggot

Moby Dick

Confessions by St. Augustine.
I don't believe in God and I've probably read/listened to it three or four times now.

You know, now that I think about it all the books I like/have read are completely the opposite of what you want. The Unbearable Likeness of Being, A Country Doctors Notebook, Notes from the Underground, 1984, Revolutionary Road, The Talented Mr Ripley, The Master and Margarita, literally none of these could I say you should read if you want to feel happy and as though there is hope. Go watch Fawlty Towers.

The face of the gig economy.

American Psycho. It'll help you understand that you can do anything.

>Man is in hell