Why hasn't the National Medal of the Arts been awarded since 2015?

Why hasn't the National Medal of the Arts been awarded since 2015?

Attached: NationalMedalofArts.jpg (198x328, 11K)

Not to mention this thing.

Attached: National_Humanities_Medal_cropped.jpg (397x537, 86K)

drumpf can't read

no art has been produced

Attached: kingarts.jpg (600x421, 66K)

Apologize right now.

Attached: Cancer.jpg (677x508, 46K)

Maybe unfair.

Here's a sculpture of a 2015 prize winner. Now apologize.

Attached: whitten_lucy_detail.jpg (1306x978, 283K)

>that
>art

Maybe the infinite complexity of a work by a 2012 winner will be more to your taste.

Here a quote by the artist:
>Making art has first of all to do with honesty. My first lesson was to see objectively, to erase all ‘meaning’ of the thing seen. Then only, could the real meaning of it be understood and felt.

Attached: Ellsworth-Kelly-Blue-Ripe-Museum-Voorlinden-1220x771.jpg (1220x771, 47K)

a kid could make something more interesting than that shit. postmodernism killed art

Kek

Ellsworth Kelly is great. Do you really not get the quote you posted?

>it's blue

don't you think it's kind of shit and self-satisying to do away with meaning so you can feel superior to other artists by accompishing nothing while a world full of meaning still exists around you being actively ignored?

...Orange man dumb!

Attached: Grayons.png (214x236, 6K)

I was going to say that Kelly's work is meaningless but more pleasing to the eye than a run of the mill modern artist but then I quickly googled if he indulged in the desecration of the Christian heritage as they tend to do and lo and behold pic related. He actually called it a 'temple of light' (inb4 'it's great!') the judgement now has to be that he's a typical pseud who should have limited himself to the field of graphic design instead of pretending to be a serious artist.

Attached: EllsworthChapel.jpg (800x533, 91K)

This one sparks joy.

Attached: RoseWindow.jpg (1200x1200, 720K)

>postmodernism killed art
not postmodernism, the postmodern condition killed art

Attached: simulacres_et_simulation.jpg (535x960, 38K)

This one does not spark joy.

Attached: kneeltosatan.jpg (620x682, 212K)

He is fucking dumb. Can you defend him not even trying to give out this award?

He really is stupid. Still voted for him to trigger the shiblibs

This is worse than not even giving it out at all.

I can't think of many contemporary artists/authors who would accept an award from trump.
The guy who wrote Dilbert maybe?

Attached: reading-is-for-faggots_o_57250.jpg (550x575, 58K)

Cutting off your nose, huh?

got a boyfriend, I bet he doesn't KISS YA! (mwah!)

Based

Yea Forums

Either Trump could award an artist and they would refuse to accept it out of political protest or he could award an artist and they would accept it and their career would be over because the arts community would shun them for the rest of their lives because they accepted an award from Trump.

or he could just give it to someone like ben garrison

Either Trump could award an artist and they would refuse to accept it out of political protest or he could award an artist and they would accept it and their career would be over because the arts community would shun them for the rest of their lives because they accepted an award from Trump.

Hey, Bush gave out these awards too.

I wouldn't call that joy. Awe, maybe.

jfc
let's go pray at the fuckin apple store

Just your opinion, user.
There is beauty in simplicity.
You are just a product of a lifetime of indoctrination in what others want you to believe and do.

No, it's just shit and exactly the kind of thing that requires indoctrination to imbue it with false value and that was the nature of the indoctrination that I experienced. Has nothing whatsoever to do with simplicity.

Keep telling yourself that.
Sums things up nicely.

>Art is completely subjective and has no objective imperatives at all.

You're never gonna make it.

moron

Why is that a moronic thing to say?