School starts

>school starts
>stop reading for the whole semester

A-Am I the only one?

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 11K)

My last exam was yesterday and since then I've done nothing but jerk off and listen to Star Trek audiobooks.

I find myself stuck in the opposite, where school gives me the opportunity to read, but any time breaks start I tell myself, time to use this free time and read, and then I never can.

It's like we're back in high school again and reading seems like a chore.

you need to consciously work against it. i remember last summer i kept putting off personal reading cause i had school reading and ultimately kept putting off reading altogether. just push on.

i've been missing my sections so i can read more and masturbate

fuck off with your gay doomer bullshit

School is gay. They pretend to teach, I pretend to learn, then I go home and do my real studying.

I read novellas and short stories to keep myself sane.

Basically this.

based

Schooling saps me like laboring never did, I might have to elope yet again, lads. When will this itinerant mood abate?

don't go to class lmao. just show up on test days, problem fucking solved.

>tfw can’t study on my own and need college to tell me what to study and make me study

Attached: B777FECD-3D27-493E-B307-930DDB9A7260.png (1280x720, 656K)

>tfw can study on my own but college forces me to “study” via constant, never ending graded busywork

I've returned my last 3 library boos half-finished. short stories and poems give the best returns on your time invested: if it's good it'll stay with you, if it sucks, you didn't waste that much time

I laughed at this but this has actually become my strategy recently for useless classes someway into the semester when I realize the class isn’t really going anywhere too insightful.

>Am I the only
yup

Attached: 1428636544502.png (957x710, 539K)

>tfw keep putting off school reading for personal reading
Worried about my grades boys...

this, at least the traditional lecture style is useless once you get to any subject that has meat

>don't go to class
>don't do school readings
>don't read at all
feels based

this

me too, user.

But nothing will beat that glorious feel of spending a summer day on my parents balcony reading in their hammock. Peak comfy. Been doing it the last 3 summers when I'm not working

extremely based. I stopped going to class regularly this semester and I'm still getting A's on my tests.

Except that doesn't work when the teacher isn't teaching out of a book

yes it does.

my professors post notes/slides online so it doesn't matter

This desu

change your major to philosophy or english (although it seems like most english programs are sjw garbage now)

do you not feel as though you're wasting your time?

I have to read so fucking much during semester, and it's all potent theory, but it's not books per se. shrug.

I like to procrastinate by reading, because it feels enough like school that it smooths over the guilt of putting off work. But I'm a highly guilt-driven person.

Also, it helps that it makes me feel extremely smug to read in view of my pleb classmates.