Be me

>be me
>thinking about books
>realize that most books made a profit for the author
>wonder how many books were genuinely written out of creativity or passion, rather than for profit, esteem, academic purposes, etc.
>now I imagine that every book is a fraud and waste of time
Well, Yea Forums? What are some books that aren’t tainted with so much egotistical drives? The ones that are so pure and great that they seem to be written by no one at all?

Attached: 4363162E-3B28-4986-A80A-968D33301538.jpg (396x256, 27K)

serious writers don't write for money because it doesnt make much profit

BUTTERFLY :3 I GET THE FIRST POST BECAUSE THESE ARENT ROTATED AS QUICKLY OUT SO SHE HAS A HIGHER CHANCE OF SEEING IT WOOOO

You need to be institutionalized

Butt

Hurt

Fag

How disappointed are your parents?

Anything published afther the authors death. So all Dickinson(lots of poets in general bearly make any money) Kafka, confederacy of dunces, on top of my head.

>that they seem to be written by no one at all
No such thing. If money is not the "profit" that the author seeks, then instead it will be fame, or respect, or reputation. Every man is his identity. There is no escape. The thing to do is to read for the man's identity, to go through the identity to find the man who best subsumes his identity into the community for which he writes.

Effective mathematics, philosophy and the academy that is anti-social, excluding gazettes and feelsy books. Republican and communist writing in time of revolution before violence is normalized. Chinese philosophy from the two great masters: confucius and lao tze. All things that describe natural phenomena. The honest authors have EARTH SIGNS: Virgo, Capricorn, and Taurus, but again, watch out for gazettes and feelsy books written by courtiers and flautists.

Madame Bovary brought Flaubert 300 francs--in debts. He didn't give a fuck he just wanted to write his book, even went to trial over it when they brought an obscenity charge against him.

Almost impossible to write a book without dome form of egoistical drive.
Your ideal of purity is juvenile and possibly satanic in inspiration.

That said, read the Aeneid and the Dearh of Virgil.

Read Descartes.

I say this on every thread but Invisible Cities. Calvino wrote it over a long period of time by just writing down his thoughts on something and then turning it into a city afterwards. He didn’t even really think of it as a book he was writing, instead it was just an outlet for creative bursts of his that he ties together with a bit of his own philosophy after most of it was already written.

Attached: 5D70C3C9-9DE4-4E68-AD81-6B990BC31635.jpg (4032x3024, 3.07M)

sad how much effort he put into it and ended up with pile of pseud shit.

Father Ted

What do you mean by "fraud"? Also writing for profit/personal gain does not immediately nulify the value of the book. The same piece written for personal gains or written due to some passion is still in the end the same piece.
Also for academic works, its often in authors interests to make it the best work that they can produce, if he uses self gain as a motivation for this what do I care.

Care to elaborate?

>>realize that most books made a profit for the author
you gotta remember man, lots of great authors went mostly unnoticed with very little money made from their works but only became famous after they died

im italian and among couple of lit circles i've been involved in, that book is widely considered just a peace of kitsch. it's unimaginative, dry, simply boring without any depth whatsoever.

>genuine
The sickliest abstraction to crawl its way out of our heads yet. Hmm guess everyone's a phony!

>>be me
Found your major malfunction, phony

Most books made a meager profit for the author that wouldn't have been able to support them without having a different job.

>wonder how many books were genuinely written out of creativity or passion, rather than for profit, esteem, academic purposes, etc.

most books make barely any money to the author, and this says nothing about the motives behind the work

Did any of them bother to actually read the book?

not him but it's not anything new that an artist is liked abroad more than in his home country, or at least received very differently

books are horrible for profit retard. pick up an economics textbook sometime.

Kafka's works were only published after his death and he wanted them all burnt.

>>be me
>>thinking about books
>>realize that most books made a profit for the author
Descartes would be impressed. I'm imagining you sitting by the fireplace, thinking about them Playdoh and Joyce's fart letters, and then it just pops up in your mind - "most books made a profit for the author". Verily, a truth as evident as God's existence!!

>Kitsch
Cliche midwit critique, means nothing. Hilarious thinking of contemporary losers using this word expecting people to respond with anything but contempt
And everybody knows Italian's opinions on their own artists and writers is complete cope trash because they're all egotistical fuckboys in an eternal seethe at anything that takes the spotlight away from their themselves. I remember talking to a Florentine who thought he was being an edgy genius proclaiming Michelangelo as being not very good at all and how problematic is was that Florence did not have any major modern art museums
COPE
Every one of the people in your ""lit circles"" produces nothing of worth

Attached: Captura de Pantalla 2019-05-03 a la(s) 5.17.05 p. m..png (757x486, 406K)

i know it's hard when someone mocks your favourite artist but life goes on. calvino is great but le città invisibili sux ass. nel caso non vi rivedessi, buon pomeriggio, buonasera e buonanotte!

lmao get fucked anglo