Which book radically changed your life for the better?

Which book radically changed your life for the better?

Attached: Freud2.png (449x604, 220K)

My diary desu

The player by dostoievsky made me leave the slots so I guess it basically saved my life.

Britannia Encyclopedia

Tao Te Ching

Wheelock's latin

The Wisdom of Insecurity.

Attached: 2018-12-05-11-49-32-550951651.jpg (146x246, 16K)

Oblomov

Attached: 41QXF2u4fZL.jpg (333x500, 30K)

Ortodoxy by Chesterton

On the road by Kerouac made me decide to live more adventurous and carefree life. Haven't done anything to put that idea into action yet tho

Unironically jurassic park when I was 10

you mean the encyclopedia britannica

This is my answer

>for the better
None. I wasn't strong enough to play with the expressed ideas in a distanced way like they weren't my own, every book I've read made me become more like its characters, and I haven't read a single work where there is a heroic protagonist, it's always tragedies.

The Gospel of John

Orthodoxy, by Chesterton. It's a very interesting ride for a 15yo when mixed with Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

nice

Philosophical Investigations, desu

Meditations I guess. Can’t say any real improved my life. Just helped me to be more aware.

This.
Also, 'Science Discovers the Physiological Value of Continence' really improved my life too. Helped me quit fornicating and masturbating.

This

Mishima's Confessions of a Mask.

The New Testament

based and logos pilled

>Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

How does that hold up? I remember reading it at 15 and thinking it was genius then denouncing it like a month later. I've been wrong about a lot of stuff though.

no

The Bible

Anti-Oedipus, because "better" lies past "worst" and accelerating misery will get you there faster. I ended up chopping off my dick and balls which prompted my family to disown me. I'm all in, there's no turning back. If you want accompany me in this journey join this server this discord server: qK3puV

Philosophy and the Mirror of Nature. Complete 360 in metaphilosophy. Turned me into a pragmatist.

Industrial Society and its Future for a number of reasons

Yikes lmao

>Literal discord tranny advertising in a wholesome thread
How does it feel to be mentally ill.

Invisible Cities changed a lot of the ways I approach thought and psychology, as well as my perspective on language and communication. Most people prefer “If on a Winter’s Night a Traveler” but Invisible Cities will always be what I come back to on a bad day.
Pic unrelated, it’s my cat

Attached: 9E421E14-9ABF-44EB-801D-971B99B269FE.jpg (4032x3024, 2.74M)

How the fuck did you come to understand Being and Time?

I'd probably say Decline of the West for me, though.

Same. It's a great read.

He was never satisfied though.

To me that book only further emphasized the importance of settling down and making meaningful relationships

Good fucking choice. Steve Mitchell's English translation is where it's at

Attached: 1556598516914.gif (500x375, 973K)

But awareness improves life

I want to fuck your cat

I’m gonna fucking cut you

Attached: 1833B601-7EB7-4AE9-A0E0-E009ACE04EDE.jpg (505x427, 112K)

I have a very similar set of bed sheets. It's actually a little unnerving

bump

not that guy but pirsig isn't the stupidest human of which I've read their words

Ecclesiastes

>How the fuck did you come to understand Being and Time?
it wasn't the first philosophy text i had read, i had been reading some stuff before that. mostly about capitalism and culture. B&T just filled in a major puzzle piece. once you understand his basic ideas the rest of it really isn't so hard to grasp, he's reacting against the world becoming taken over by technology and mounting a critique against Plato and others.

plus his idea of Dasein, of how we relate to objects, Das Man and the rest. reading this helped, and the Zimmerman guide, and other stuff. B&T was definitely dense going at first but once his language and terminology clicks with you the rest of it is a breeze. he was the only philosopher who could really articulate the connections between time and mood, how we don't choose to fall into moods, and all the other stuff that gives him the reputation that he has.

Decline of the West was super-awesome as well, i loved reading that for the first time, i was bloc-quoting huge segments from almost every page.

Attached: 51WO0hvcpfL._SX318_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (320x499, 19K)

The Essential Peirce.

"The Interpretation of Facepalms" by Sigmund Freud, it really helped me understand the oedipal-cocainic underpinnings of a gesture I had previously conceived of as fundamentally anal

I concur, however I cannot agree completely with the sources of that information due to previous establishments within my history that Freud is a fucking looney

It's a twofer
The Daodejing gave me perspective and a toolkit, the Blue Cliff Record gave me direction and inspiration

So far, none.

The Bible; Confessions (Saint Augustine); The Brothers Karamazov.

Attached: the-pocket-oracle-and-art-of-prudence.jpg (1200x1839, 276K)

Principles by Ray Dalio

I prefer Mair's but it's up to you

Picked this up awhile ago, but started slacking a bit in my self driven studies. Did you find Wheelock's to be the text to successfully teach you Latin?

Homo Faber and Steppenwolf.

The Bread Book

Attached: bread book.jpg (421x283, 22K)

It gave me the base I needed to learn Latin. After the textbook it was all about reading reading reading. I got a couple intermediate readers, then loeb bi-lingual books.

Solitude: a return to self by Anthony Storr