What's ur religion or philisophical belief and why do u believe it user?

What's ur religion or philisophical belief and why do u believe it user?

Attached: 1557115215131.jpg (960x720, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-pDtgWUtdUM
youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8
archive.fo/LHV9x
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he "believes" in "things"

Navakavada Buddhist. Because it makes sense to me, and does not require deism. Also it is red-pilled.

Hegelian. History is God.

>implying religion and philisophical belief are or should be the same

Plotinism
Because I believe in something higher yet not different from he created world i.e. panentheism.
Read Hölderlin, Novalis etc.
Later found out about Plotinus influence on Aurel and Julian and checked him out myself. He fixed the issues I had with Plato.

Also very importantly he has a set of spiritual practices on how to connect with the one you can do yourself and see whether it works.

Solipsism because fuck you.

I was raised Muslim but when I was 22 Christ came to me in a dream so I'm Catholic now

Are you the arab larping as white?

My political philosophy is this: Don't vote in democracies. Vote in totalitarianisms, online where you're anonymous. This will shake things up. Intellectual property laws must be ignored.
Economic philosophy: Buy from Amazon.com. Never go to local stores where they can look at you and laugh at your physical deformities.
Religious philosophy: Pray for Satan before bedtime, because no one else will. After bedtime, keep one eye open for rapture
Social philosophy: Do what thou wilt, unless you don't want to. Sometimes you want to be an NPC in real life. Sometimes you want to be an NPC in a video game.

I believe this existence is chaos and humans have a need to create frameworks against which to orient themselves and that's okay. Like for example I don't believe that the mystical aspects of something like meditation are 'really real' but when a person genuinely believes them the effects they have are not nothing. There is merit to magical thinking, but more and more I come back to just finding solace in accepting I don't necessarily have my hands on the wheel and it's all just random chaos.

Basically, if shit starts making too much sense, especially all at once, I am likely succumbing to escapist ideologies and it might be a good time to hunt down and quarantine whatever it is. All I know is that I know nothing.

It's really nebulous and hard for me to explain and I don't know if this is an actual ideology but it's just how I feel and I think there are other people who feel this way too.

Unironically this.

this but with Advaita

Yeah user i used to feel that way too when i was younger and yeah a lot of people take solace in the idea that we have no real control over our own or anyone else's life

>"he"

>"in"

auto-immanentism of the universe, the brain as a digestive tract being the literary/aestethicized version of it.

It's a really retarded mix of Stirner's ethics and Kierkegaard's dialectics in inconsistency of which I myself often get confused so when people ask me about my beliefs I usually lie

What does your family think of you?

I believe that awe and the sacred are important for the higher development of human beings and that wild places, ecology and an understanding of the universe and our context within it are ways we can touch what can be called divine. Divinity is a touchstone which allows human beings to understand themselves and their place within eternity. Traditions, if long held, can also give human beings a glimpse of the eternal. As such, these things (nature and tradition*) are valuable and should be defended at all costs.

*Our society, or mine at least, has no traditions worthy of defense at this juncture. All meaningful traditions have yet been destroyed by capitalism and the rule of the bottom. New ones are to be made.

Attached: oh no.jpg (640x853, 78K)

Post pics of your deformities, promise we won’t laugh.

Large cranium, myopia, large penis, large feet, large nose, frowny face.

This but small penis and feet

I dont have any or at least Im not smart enough to really put it into words. Im just a walking vessell that shitposts to much.

I believe that all consciousness stems from the same place, like branches of a tree. I believe that all humans and life come from the same place, that we're all just a single consciousness split into a billion pieces. These bodies are just vessels for the grand unified conscious to experience the third dimension through our senses. If you want to imagine, a giant being, something akin to the one's in this image, that is connected all of our brains maybe through the backs of our skulls through a wire, you can almost imagine your mind falling backwards out of your skull and see yourself as the outside observer, looking in at this world and your body here. Your mind is somewhere is, your body is here. I believe that when we die we are lose our corporeal form and are reunited with the One true being, or that you can choose to reject him and forever be separated from God and everyone else who gave up their ego to become one with him. I like to think of use as the fireworks of a God, who split himself into 10 billion pieces to make streaks of light (life) that last 70 years all across time. We are temporary, like the firework, but the art of our master, that is, life itself, will live on forever in the all-knowing mind of the One True Consciousness.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1500x1500, 746K)

Read Plotinus my dude

Small penis is more efficient. Requires less blood with better vein flow, increased muscular strength PSI, better heat transfer, etc.

>you can almost imagine your mind falling backwards out of your skull and see yourself as the outside observer, looking in at this world and your body here. Your mind is somewhere is, your body is here

I want to expand on this, as I believe it is fundamental to my point and your awakening. I want you to imagine, that for a second, everything you're seeing now, feeling now, tasting, hearing, smelling etc. is part of the corporeal (that is to say physical) world. BUT, your MIND is somewhere else, merely connected to this place, merely experiencing this reality through your senses. If you think about it, you can imagine yourself peering into this world from some other dimension through your eyes, and think of this body as simply a puppet of the mind. When I do this, I can literally FEEL the separation, the gap between this universe and the universe of the mind, almost like an out of body experience. I believe this experience is FUNDAMENTAL to enlightenment, and is an exercise ALL should try on their own. If it helps, because I know you guys are nerds, think of your mind as a computer program, and your body as a character model. They are very, very separate things, one of which is piloted by the other. Now that you can imagine that, imagine the your eyes are just cameras, sending a live feed from the model through limbo and to the computer program that is your mind.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (678x381, 35K)

I just go with whatever Pynchon sez because he's the smartest guy who isn't a STEMlord

Attached: 235.jpg (193x266, 37K)

Thanks man I'll look into that

does this picture not sum up Yea Forums more succinctly than anything ever

no

Peirceian Animism

Attached: images (2)~2.jpg (196x192, 16K)

Traditional Catholic and Gnostic and Buddhist beliefs.

The idea of metaphysical oneness applied to theology, brahmism, in any religion, is atheism with extra steps, for it reduces all the gods from all traditions down to a substance. Nothing more is really mystic in it, in this perspective, even a junkie with LSD with no sense of sacred can be "wise", know god. When trying to rationalize religion and make it digestable for modern man's scepticism, through models like gnosticism, you kill all life and vitality from traditions. Those universalist philosophies force their beliefs in all traditions, they give answers, and that's the problem, the gods are mysteries, it's stupid to try to comprehend them before interacting with the deities. Believe in them without a body of theory and then unveil through your experiences, orthopraxism above orthodoxy.

no we aren't all disgusting losers

pic related

Attached: EBD909F6-12C5-400C-948B-2746DE643C44.jpg (749x1074, 313K)

>guenonfag

No, see that's the thing. I badly wish to have a deity through which I can make a path in life. Nothing has yet to call for me.
Forget any abrahamic religion though. I've had enough og that. Just something else...

Humanity is not special. Simply an accident, something brought about by pure chance. We consume, we sleep, we fuck, we repeat, and then we die, our minds gone forever. We become what we were before our birth, nothing.

secular humanism, since it's the only ideology that let's me be gay without having to feel guilty about it

Mein neger

Attached: 9459-004-DDF12A12.jpg (217x300, 7K)

Same here lmao

Orthodoxy, of course. What's yours?

Attached: 1545272106604.jpg (861x1458, 1.91M)

Completely unironic HARD logical positivism. The death of the Moritz Schlick was worse than the death of Jesus. The gradual breakup of the Vienna Circle was worse than the great schism

Attached: 1552352320542.jpg (335x337, 59K)

Logical positivism is my actual sort of foundational system of belief. I can't help but accord weight only to things that have empirical verification of some kind. That being said consciousness can't be explained by it so metaphysics is an open question. For all the metaphysics I've ever read, for every theory about consciousness I've come across, I've never been able to weigh one as better than the other. Since it can't be verified empirically I just have no fucking clue who or what to believe about it.

I think a lot of modern people have basically this mindset. The achievements of empirical science are hard to ignore, but the sheer mutiplicity and arbitrariness of theories of consciousness leave you feeling lost.

>tfw he doesn't realize that he's the highest objectification of that very Will that is the thing-in-itself

Some of us are frigid cows

Catholic.

Are you two serious? Logical positivism is so bad that if there is anything deader than disco in philosophy, it's logical positivism. For good reason. Even the logical positivists turned against it themselves. Ayer abandoned it, Carnap moved on.

100% Roman Catholic. This is my religion and my philosophical belief. The philosophy is outlined in the catechism but backed by many other (incl some pagan) philosophers and more importantly revealed by Jesus and the apostles.

I believe it because it is true. The Bible is the greatest literature in the world. Christian philosophy is the noblest and friendliest to man. God is the sole satisfier, and the task of the Church is the realization of saints.

Attached: aputuxedo.jpg (450x405, 17K)

This is kinda what socrates was talking about. Humen beings dont have any real knowledge, life is just a process of filtration.

I remain clung to it like a woman who still clings to the corpse of her abusive husband's cock.

Pantheist and I believe it because it is self-evident

Did you just marathon all of game of thrones?

I've never watched it, but now I might

Attached: 1547671474660.jpg (720x540, 67K)

What do you take the verification principle to be, analytic or synthetic?

Do you also mean to tell us that it's incoherent to say some sentences can be true or false, right now, regardless of whether any person knows or can even know that they are true or false?

practice and theory is a duality that can be broken down, user

Would something like queer penis worship be considered divine after a thousand years?

Attached: 9780803284371.jpg (298x480, 42K)

Socratisism so I can get under the skin of my enemies and under the sheets of their wives at the same time.

>Socratism
Fuck me

i believe in napoleon

Attached: ec28fd5a0173890056b87239ca3e1fe7-napoleon-emperor of france.jpg (812x1226, 145K)

flat earther and anti-vaxxer

because they are out to get all of us

>dream
Are you that guy that's been posting on /r/Catholicism lately?

Im a radical absurdist

how you do dat

this is what Dante was warning us about
>hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork*
tell me more

care to extrapolate?

You don't.

no

>deader than disco
All the more reason to revive it, yes?

no

why not? I'm Danteignorant. What did Dante have against people testifying for Christ?

I hope not. I'm aware of some neo-logical positivists, but I don't think logical positivism should come back. I like logical positivism's understanding of observation (as sensation, rather than direct realist "perception"). That should come back. Philosophy since has swung toward either direct realism (too naive and obviously wrong in my view), or toward the view that the observation/theory divide doesn't exist and everything is viewed as impossibly theory laden (think Sellars and people like that). What I think needs to stay dead is the verificationist theory of meaning and truth. It's terrible. If you like sense data and that style of empiricism, I think you're better off with Bertrand Russell than with logical positivism.

radical antihumanism. humanity needs to end, at any cost. I'm almost considering finding a way to get control of some country's nukes just to speed up our world's eventual end

Catholic.

ustaše

After their initial stage of rage they basically disowned me. Haven’t spoken to them in about a year. Thank God I live in America and not some Muslim theocracy.

No but I was thrilled when I saw his posts, especially the article about how Jesus is coming to tons of Muslims in their dreams.

not gonna lie, pretty funny, user

If I wasn't catholic I'd be a jewish convert.

Quite relatable, especially the suspicion at connecting dots too easily and too quickly

why?

Christianity. I think the history of the New Testament documents, the spread of the 1st century church. and the conversion and testimony of Paul are good evidence that the resurrection happened.
I'm Protestant because I believe the 5 sola's and TULIP are accurately represented in the bible, with the exception of maybe irresistible grace. I'm not a Calvinist though, I'm more of a Molinist when it comes to reconciling free will and God's sovereignty

>Because it makes sense to me
well no shit, literally everyone believes whatever they believe because it makes sense to them, wtf kind of explanation is that

I drink and do drugs excessively because I want to kill myself in a way that my parents can't really blame themselves for. There's a deeper philosophy behind my havior that can basically be summed up as i'm a sick cunt who's intelligent, nihilistic, with a wicked sense if humor.

Jungian gnostic neoplatonist thing for the quirky and witha wicked sense of humor mysticalness

user I beg from my soul please become Catholic.

If there was a first church, don't you think it would be important??

yes but it wasn't the first church
look at prayers to mary. the first recorded document we have of it is from the 3rd century and the author is anonymous.

did I post this in a blackout? also my mom is already dead but she'd probably still blame herself

a little bit of “other forms of life deserve the Earth more than we do,” a little bit of “you have no idea how much I hate myself and I have to consciously project it on everyone else to function day to day without killing myself,” and a little bit of “fuck you”. mostly the first two, but the third is also relevant

Right wing fascist ideology. It is the only way for white/european to survive.

Based and redpilled

survive what?

deist. evil cant be defeated, the only way to tell how someone is valuable is how one handles evilness. no god can help us in that battle, althought i believe in objective good and human soul, were not just sentient biological creatures. also bit of determinism. i also dont believe in any heaven, as we are here on this earth we need to look after our world. christian morality kind of also. sense of life is beauty and humanity

Attached: ernesthemingwayatthefincavigiacubanara1495118230.jpg (1300x1027, 156K)

>believing all that but still believing that evil exists
cringe, go all the way or not at all

The decline of white birthrates, the constant immigration and replacement by non whites and generally the collapse of white society.

i believe in evil and good but no afterlife you mongoloid, whats wrong with that, cathocuck?

Cognitive dissonance provides a counterpoint.

3rd century is extremely early dude and it comes from a clear apostolic source.
Do you know when the bible was officially declared with a new Testament?

so white people will be the minority? how is that a bad thing, exactly?
not a Catholic. it should be obvious there’s no afterlife and there’s no evil

>so white people will be the minority? how is that a bad thing, exactly?
Higher birthrates of other races compared to whites is not a bad thing in itself (if we ignore the fact that there is already 8 billion people on the planet), but non white people coming to white countries and replacing whites (and culture, traditions etc) is a bad thing.
Main reason is that constant and increasing immigration will eventually result in complete extingtion of whites (due to lower birthrates below replacement levels and racemixing).
Extingtion of an entire (sub)species is a bad thing or at least thats what all those green conservationists and climate actvits tell me.

too complex to elaborate here. the reason is reasons.

that’s fair, but I fail to see how fascism will do that without inadvertently rendering some other race extinct. I mean, it almost happened in WW2, how is this time going to be different?

>that’s fair, but I fail to see how fascism will do that without inadvertently rendering some other race extinct.
You've got a weird notion of fascism. They didn't genocide anybody, unlike the winners.

I'm a nihilist because it requires very little work to be one

????? the Germans attempted to genocide the Jews and Romani, the Japanese attempted to genocide the Chinese and the non-suicidal, and the Italians attempted to genocide themselves in their confusion. who did the allies genocide?

Unspecified Christian. I used to think that arguing about religion is stupid since your words won't change anything. Getting older, however, has a funny way of making you care about the afterlife. My beliefs stem from a rationalist base. Every human sense can be fooled, and the only thing you can't deny is that you yourself exist. Since anything can be possible, we're ultimately forced to choose between optimism and pessimism. We can either say that there are flawed deities or no deities, and then realize the futility of reason in such a circumstance, or we can dare to have faith in a deity without flaws. Suffice it to say that I think that the Christian God is the most perfect concept of a deity we have.

>unspecified
oh cool, what denomination?

Godspeed, user.
I'll be waiting for the fireworks.

Unspecified as in no real denomination. I know I'm not Catholic, though.

I'm a 5 point Calvinist because I think it's the most rigorous approach to Christian theology.

>no real denomination
>as if that’s possible
>as if there’s such a thing as nondenominational Christianity
oh sorry, I misunderstood, anyway what denomination are you?

Traditional Catholic except the essence of this meme has poisoned me into unbearable anguish

I missed the part in the Bible where Jesus says "If your Church doesn't have the right name you're going to Hell". Last I checked it was about faith and possibly works, not tribal affiliation.

hope i fucking disappear when i die

>pic related

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-08 06-20-09.png (499x335, 299K)

>there’s only one interpretation of Christianity
>other denominations are just tribal affiliations because they interpreted it wrong
>I know best so I just do it differently from everyone else
>but don’t call it a denomination, just because it’s an interpretation doesn’t make it an interpretation, the word denomination hurts my feelings
>I’m uncategorizable in a religion full of categories because I’m just that goddamn special
what? denomination? are? you?

For me, it's Epicureanism.

Attached: epicurus.jpg (475x768, 50K)

How on earth could you interpret what I said as saying that there's only one possible interpretation of Christianity and that all others are like tribes? I was saying that the Bible tells us of the importance of faith and works, not denominational loyalty. You're just hubristic.

oh, I get it now, you’re Catholic, thanks for the confirmation :)

Decent question.

I'd say monist, eternalist. Everything is as it is and will always be that way. The moment (time) is justwhere the monad (the totality of possibilities) actualizes itself for consciousness. The monad is being, the appearance of change is becoming, which is just a function of how the monad is revealed for human consciousness. Influenced largely by buddha, everything though. Science is the expression of the laws of one possibilities realisation, ours. "Harmonizing with the Tao", "walking with god", "entering the tathagata realm" and so on are just various ways of describing being in tune with the possibility this realisation of the monad consists of. Strife is caused by the discord within the monad that arises from human imagination which has the ability to conceive other possibilities. Strife is caused by the conflict between the imagination of one possibility desiring something else. The buddhists and stoics (cynics are more based though) are the probably the closest to directly articulating this.

Why? Just seems to make sense.

Gross. Who stepped in mundanity? Nah but i get yah. He didn't have to be a charlatan about it though.

Based haven't read Plotinus but seems good.
>"Once you have uttered 'The Good,' add no further thought: by any addition, and in proportion to that addition, you introduce a deficiency." (III.8.11)

Reminds me of old Sid.

Fuck of with your mystical reactionary trad bullshit.

So essentially: drink the cool-aid, we'll tell you whats in it after.

Well put based socratic poster.

Ive said it before. Its easy to be a Bonapartist in retrospect. I bet if he was around today you'd look at him like Putin though.

Found the philistine

Shalom coward

>"Yahwey most perfect description of a god"

Debatable. Pic related.

Attached: images (68).jpg (594x405, 60K)

Also communalist anarchy.

I'm not a Catholic at all. I think that the Pope is a normal person like the rest of us. I don't think that he has any special instructions from God. I also don't think that the "rock upon which I will build a church" line means that there has to be one true church.

You really need to stop pretending that you know everything. If you don't come to terms with your own fallibility, and fast, you may get yourself damned.

Oh politically left authoritarian also.

Attached: images (62).jpg (549x413, 34K)

>Debatable.
>Not going to make any arguments, though.
So much for it being debatable.

>????? the Germans
Those are national socialists, not fascists.
> attempted to genocide the Jews and Romani
[citation needed]

>You really need to stop pretending that you know everything.
humor me for a second, say that out loud right now but replace “You” with “I”
t. radical agnostic

Yikes

>[citation needed]
fuck me. I was expecting that, but I was still holding onto hope that I was talking to a real person

not as yikes as self-identifying as “unspecified Christian,” whatever the everloving fuck that means

>who did the allies genocide?
USSR (=jews) genocided Russians, Chechens, Finns, Ukrainians, Germans, UK genocided Germans (Dresden), and USA genodiced the Japanese (Hiroshima, Nagasaki), continues to genocide third world populations, as they have for centuries.
> the Japanese
Weren't fascists, they were a traditional form of Japanese imperialism under their god emperor.

youtube.com/watch?v=-pDtgWUtdUM - USSR
youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8 - Iraq

If you'd told me you were an agnostic from the start then we could have gotten to the "You're just hubristic" argument faster.

I don't pretend that I know everything. I even started out by arguing that we can't be sure of very much and then I explained the point of faith underlying my belief. Maybe you think that I think that I know everything because all you've done is made bad arguments that I dealt with easily.

I couldn't know. Give it a shot for a thousand or so years, and see where it goes.

>Fuck of with your mystical reactionary trad bullshit.
Kill yourself, my man. I am neither 'mystical' nor 'reactionary' but am describing very common sources of awe and connectedness for real life people.

Attached: Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 12.28.59 PM.png (466x332, 263K)

>fuck me. I was expecting that, but I was still holding onto hope that
In the age of advertisements, when all wars are waged against cartoon villains, I have my reasonable doubts on war propaganda.
>I was still holding onto hope that I was talking
That you weren't, you were replicating your indoctrination.

archive.fo/LHV9x
If I get kicked out of that many bars, are the bar owners always at blame?

U/Acc
Unashamed worship of the accelerating, capital driven technological transformation of the human and the inevitable emergence of a new dominant intelligence. It's honestly the only thing I believe in any more.

you sound a bit too hubristic for my tastes. see, you’re pretending that you know that god exists as Yahweh, while I’m not pretending to know anything about whether a god exists or not
not him, but quick warning to other anons, the links in these comments are to viruses

>deus vult
>deus sleep
:^)

Misotheism
I'll never forgive God for creating me. My only goal in life is to make other sentient beings suffer or turning them in atheists

You're alive because your ancestors bred, in the case you are jewish, they bred against God. Probably to produce scum and villainy such as you.
>misotheism
I miss your blog, even if you stole much of your text.

I said from the start that I believe we have to choose between optimism and pessimism, and that choosing optimism means assuming the existence of the most perfect concept of God. Somehow you take that to mean that I know for certain that the Christian God exists.

You're deeply confused.

>these youtube links are viruses
Dude what

Credo in unum Deum,
Patrem omnipoténtem,
Factórem cæli et terræ,
visibílium ómnium et invisibílium.
Et in unum Dóminum Iesum Christum,
Fílium Dei unigénitum,
et ex Patre natum ante ómnia sǽcula. Deum de Deo, lumen de lúmine, Deum verum de Deo vero,
génitum, non factum, consubstantiálem Patri:
per quem ómnia facta sunt.
Qui propter nos hómines et propter nostram salútem
descéndit de cælis,
et incarnátus est de Spíritu Sancto
ex María Vírgine, et homo factus est;
crucifíxus étiam pro nobis sub Póntio Piláto,
passus et sepúltus est,
et resurréxit tértia die, secúndum Scriptúras,
et ascéndit in cælum, sedet ad déxteram Patris;
et íterum ventúrus est cum glória,
iudicáre vivos et mórtuos,
cuius regni non erit finis.
Et in Spíritum Sanctum, Dóminum et vivificántem:
qui ex Patre Filióque procédit,
qui cum Patre et Fílio simul adorátur et conglorificátur,
qui locútus est per prophétas.
Et unam, sanctam, cathólicam et apostólicam Ecclésiam.
Confíteor unum baptísma in remissiónem peccatórum.
Et expécto resurrectiónem mortuórum,
et vitam ventúri sǽculi. Amen

Attached: 1527438056534.png (642x705, 303K)

CHRISTIAN
the old testament should be cut
random gospels should be thrown into a hat with the unpublished ones circulating around Alexandria in the first centuries of Rome
we'll read these at random
then believers will have informal get togethers, discussions, and rituals at their homes.
we will lure some folks into training themselves in the image of the desert fathers and emulate early Christianity. It will evolve into something resembling Russian Orthodoxy morphed with Gnosticism.

He's opposed to the spread of knowledge on the JQ, because he presupposes a reasonable and just answer.

you’re literally not a Christian at this point. Christians are by definition not allowed to be agnostic
on the bright side, your weird self-label “unspecified Christian” is actually accurate, as literally no denomination would have you
the o’s in the domain names are Cyrillic o’s instead of Latin o’s, which is a common way of tricking unprotected web browsers into going to the wrong domain

>the o’s in the domain names are Cyrillic o’s instead of Latin o’s,
Russian collusion narrative? AHAHAHAHAHAHA

what are you even talking about my guy, I’m just trying to keep people with weaker anti-viruses from getting infected
this has nothing to do with Trump

But all of those links work perfectly well. You can even embed the YouTube videos here.

>this has nothing to do with Trump
The Russia-collusion is a jewish word game. Something you don't like happens; blame it on Russians.

As for the 'virus' thing, just copy the text and replace the 'o' with one on your keyboard, it should still work.
But you're absolutely retarded if you think people are buying into that lie.

You actually think that rationalism and agnosticism are the same thing. That's so sad.

You really don't seem to know the first thing about Christianity. Go to any mass and you'll hear a lot about the merits of faith, and not a lot about the merits of only believing in what you have absolute evidence for.

>he fell for the IDN homograph with his antivirus turned off and now it’s automatically posting denials in the thread
rip, at least we know what the virus does now
>using the Cyrillic script = Russian
...no? I’m not even remotely talking about Russia? what the fuck are you on about?
>You really don’t know the first thing about Christianity
I was raised Lutheran, dumbass

>information I don't like is a virus from the Russian hegemony
>using the Cyrillic script = Russian
Don't see many non-jews using hebrew.

For being raised Lutheran, you really don't know the first thing about Christianity.

why?

Cyrillic is also used in Mongolian, Kazakh, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Macedonian, Bosnian, and Croatian. you’re retarded
I agree, it’s not enough to be raised Lutheran, be confirmed, live in an area where I have to interact with several other denominations, read the Bible several times, and be kicked out of the church for trying to bring up agnosticism

Christianity. It is the faith at the foundation of the West, the greatest civilization in the history of humanity, and I firmly believe that without it we would not be in this amazing and technologically advanced world that we find ourselves in today. The modesty of Christianity in accepting that we are all sinners, the introspection that comes from everyone's individual relationship with Christ, the knowledge that God sees all and will punish those who sin without earnestly pleading forgiveness (not just in the afterlife but He will punish the living, too, and those who hold this belief are unlikely to do something they know to be wrong), and also the power of the Holy Spirit.

They are helping me with my alcoholism, they have kept me from committing murder which would have me throw my life away for someone who is not worth having it thrown away for, and I have also been blessed with talents. The New Testament speaks of everyone being blessed with some sort of talent or another. With some it is speaking in tongues, for others it is being able to discern what the tongues are saying, or it could be the gift of articulation and wisdom so that the wisdom can be passed on to others, or it could be the gift of healing, or something more 'typical'. For me it seems to be primarily writing, though I've also been able to memorize an obscene amount of information for firearms and ammunition. I've tried to join the Military a couple times but it seems as though that's not what I'm destined for, who knows, perhaps my alcoholism was a plan by God to keep me from being able to successfully join, and it's not like I don't like it. I love drinking, but I know that I need to cut down. I didn't have the strength to do so myself, but God is helping me.

We must use our talents for the benefit of others, and the New Testament also says that some start with only one talent while others have many, but even if you just start with one you can get more over time. Christianity also preaches honesty, telling Christians to not let lies leave our lips. Something I've been experimenting with for months if not over a year, and it's been working. It is also encouraged to be generous, and to not resort to violence, though to be fair the Old Testament says that if a thief breaks into your house at night and they are struck with a fatal blow, there will be no blood guiltiness or something like that. I don't know if Christ spoke against this passage or not, if not then a lethal means of self-defence in terrible and oppressive situations may be allowable, which I hope it is. I am a firm believer that it is a father's duty to protect his wife and children with his very life and that taking a life is more acceptable than seeing his wife and children come to harm. I hope to be a husband and father someday, in spite of the risks brought onto such people by 2nd wave feminism.

All this, and yet you still don't seem to know the first thing about Christianity.

Here we see yet another aspect of your hubris: You try to prove your understanding of Christianity with past accolades but not with your own words. Your issue is and has always been hubris.

I’m not going to type out a several post long essay just to clarify all the simplifications I’ve made. we’re on 4channel, not on Reddit

You shouldn't need to. All you actually need to do is explain what the concept of faith means to Christians.

that’s pretty much a prompt to a three page essay

if this isn't satirical pasta then you are basically me except with a "jezebel addiction", habitual sloth, and they let me into the military (it is not glamorous work and you shouldn't really put your marbles into any sort of earthly institution IMO).

Very kind of you to try summing up your doctrine on life if it isn't satirical pasta.

Wish you the best of luck with your alcoholism.. You may want to see a doctor if you are struggling desperately here.

No, it really isn't. It's very simple. Faith is central to Christianity because Christians do not expect to have God be undeniably proven to them. Christians are meant to have faith in God, even if the real world antagonizes them for it. They are not meant to know objectively that God exists. I don't understand how you could read the Bible even once and not understand this.

I formed my beliefs off of gore webms on gif and browsing r9k. There is nothing except the ego and reality. The 'ego' being anything that makes you put things or people above or below what they truly are or put yourself above or below what you really are. There is no karma, fortunes or any reason to believe anyone is immune to accidental death. The universe treats us like we are bags of chemicals and meat and so anyone can die at anytime no matter how special they are. The world can be chaos and to humans it looks like the universe has a bias for evil. Evil tragedy. Human beings are like children to it all. Powerless but not responsible. Selfish, curious, emotional etc. Thinking you aren't powerless or thinking you aren't all of that is putting yourself above what you are and is the ego. Realizing you are all this can be a relief. Lastly humans get bored. Knowing and accepting everything above isn't enough. You are forced to take action and subjugating long term boredom is the most healthy form of existence for us. Watch people die on gif and look at the state of the world till you get it.

ego: thinking you have a chance when you are genetically inferior, thinking there's still hope for culture, thinking your enemy knows more than he should, thinking you are too smart to need a god to efficiently frame things, thinking altruism exists, thinking the girl you like is different, believing it happened for a reason, thinking women aren't sociopaths, believing every people were created equal, thinking we can stop the decadence, thinking its not too late, believing you don't care, thinking there's good reasons not to kill yourself etc etc.

That wasn't me but I disagree.

People regularly accuse or question what I write as pasta. Don't know what you mean by 'jezebel addiction' or 'habitual sloth'.

Yup, I was summing up my views on Christianity and why it has become my faith, I think it is the correct way to live and is the religion most in line with truth.

Thanks for the well wishes, but I'm Canadian and my experience at the local walk-in clinic is medical service that is absolute shit. There was a White woman there who was very nice and pretty thorough but now there's some Middle Eastern or African guy and he basically tries to get his patients out of his office as soon as possible, never even tells me what any of my issues are. Just writes a prescription and sends me out the door. Very unpleasant.

I'm a Muslim of the Hanafi Madhab. I believe in theocratic fascism, intuitionism and essentialism.

You are talking about th e universe like its sentient.

I am sinful in that I'm full of lust and I'm lazy is what I meant.

retard

It might be. Nothing indicates that I'm 'unique', but more like a piece in a process; consciousness might be akin to energy or mass in that it is near Universal.

isnt me.

But I am.

Nobody's me.

none. why would I cuck myself in favor of an ideology? Because that's exactly what ideology is; An ideal that you serve. lol. Imagine being so alienated you subscribe to some type of ideology.

My ideas serve myself and my immediate interets, first and foremost. I'm not so deep into the illusion that I identify with ideas. This is basically what schizo user rants about.

What is Navakavada Buddhism? I'm interested in every sect of Buddhism and have never come across this.

What did he look like?

Faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the belief in that which is not seen. Christians should be certain that God exists.

You sound deluded to me, user. Your first mistake was to pretend you're different from everyone else. Your second mistake was to think you're self-important for this non-reason.

Agnostic atheist (ex-Christian), a piecemeal of various philosophical schools based on practicality, because the "internal process" dictates what I believe or disbelieve in.

>this fucking retard doesn't know what a non denominational church is

The majority of them are just Baptists who don't want to be called Baptists.

Literally me irl

it's literally impossible to be without ideology. anti-ideology is still ideology
thanks, you just proved me wrong, it turns out there was a way of articulating it without writing an essay
most of them are either or a mish-mash of fundamentalism with most of the substance of the Bible being taken out so as not to cater to any specific denomination. it's just a version of Christianity watered down to the point where the services are so vague that most denominations can follow along without taking offense. the few nondenominational churches that don't do one of these two are the true crazies, and they don't need further comment

One time, I was meditating and trying to get out of my body. I kept asking for help, "Help me out of my body, help me out of my body." I was feeling vibrations becoming extremely loud in my ears, then I felt two hands lovingly grasp my face. I felt so loved, so extremely loved. That experience confirmed that only were there higher beings, but that I was beloved.

Later, I was reading the Holy Bible, and when I read the words of Jesus, it dawned on me that He was real. I bowed my head and that very second I felt so loved and forgiven for everything evil I had ever done.

A man I know recently attempted to commit suicide, and he says he was taken to a spiritual realm where God spoke to him, and He asked, "Was it worth it?" I watched another video of a woman who attempted to commit suicide, and she testifies that God asked her, "Was it worth it?"

I watched a video of a man testifying that he was taken to Hell and he saw his own body on a cross, and his eyes were being eaten by maggots. An angel told him, "If you died today, this would have been your portion." In a different video, an African pastor claims he was taken to the gates of Hell, where an angel told him, "If you died today, this would have been your portion."

Many testify about witnessing a beautiful spiritual kingdom with golden houses, cities made of jewels, and the most beautiful worshipful music they have ever heard. Many testify about witnessing Hell where huge demons torture souls, where a lake of fire burns the souls of the damned, where souls beg for mercy and blaspheme the Lord.

I believe Jesus Christ is Lord, the Son of God, and that He died as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, including mine, that I might be generously forgiven and loved, even adopted as a son to the glorious Holy Father, the Eternal God.

based schizo user, hope you eventually find the right meds :)

why not?

Your definition of faith is made up and your last sentence doesn't follow from it.

He's quoting the Bible user. Paul specifically.

Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)
11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

James 1:6 (NIV)
New International Version
But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

It follows that not only should Christians be certain that God exists, but that they should approach Him in prayer with full confidence that He will hear them and help them.

>Giving credit to a man in the sky for your own hard work
God is a fucking leech

it's always a blast to see people who
>don't seem to know the first thing about Christianity
say things that are directly conflicted by major books of the Bible, implying they never read it to begin with :)

KJV is better: faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. The Greek translated as "confidence" in your translation is hypostasis which means underpinning. I think it's saying that faith grounds hope, which is not controversial. "Assurance" is better translated conviction. Faith is a conviction in what we don't see. You can believe something and still recognize you lack knowledge or certainty. Faith just goes as far as the former. God isn't asking you to lie to yourself when actual knowledge or certainty is lacking. And Paul already says faith is not perfect knowledge in 1 Corinthians 13. Don't contradict him.

>KJV
Kek
>Don't contradict him.
Does that not also apply to Paul?

>Kek
Hypostasis being translated as substance is more historically accurate, its the term used in the Nicene Creed for the three persons (hypostases) in one essence (ousia), and it literally means sub (hypo) stance (stasis). Hence the ground of hope rather than a confidence in it.
>Does that not also apply to Paul?
Elaborate?

I'll admit that I didn't recognize the quote, but the meaning of the passage is not that you have to have absolute belief in God. It's a confusing sentence which has been translated in many different ways. Every commentary I can find states that the passage means that faith is an inference of the reality of the Lord and that, from faith, we gain the means by which the Lord may be proven to us. It does not mean that you have absolute belief in the existence of God, to the point that you refuse to consider all other scenarios.

James 1:6 is about asking God when you lack wisdom. It only stands to reason that if you're going to ask God what to do then you shouldn't doubt the answer you get. It does not mean that you should be certain that God exists.

Belief itself has tremendous power. All the money in the world, all the duties, the obligations, all actions rely on belief.

James 1:6 (KJV)
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Here we see the importance of having certainty in God's existence. A man who doubts in his heart should expect to receive nothing from the Lord. The righteous belief of a Christian is to be certain of the Lord's existence, and His charity and boundless mercy.

I already told you that James 1:6 is about asking God when you lack wisdom. Coincidentally, you left out the sentence which explains that.

James 1:5 (KJV)
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

When you ask of God, you do not doubt God's answer. This is very different from having absolute conviction in God's existence.

How can one have certainty that God will answer them, when he does not even have certainty that God is real?

It's not about having the unwavering belief that God will answer. It's about not rendering yourself "double minded" by way of "wavering" when you ask of God for wisdom. It's about not doubting that the Lord will give you the correct answer. If you hold thoughts in your mind about how to navigate the wisdom you're given and negotiate your way around it, like you would with a demand made by your boss, the Lord won't even give you an answer to begin with.

This requires faith in the Lord, but not certainty.

Mark 11:24 (KJV)
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

I watched a video where a woman said she was shown a place in Heaven which was like a storeroom of unclaimed blessings. She said she was shown people in church praying for blessings, but then they thought doubts, such as, "I guess it isn't the right time for me."

I believe the meaning of double-mindedness is that when someone thinks, "God will answer me, but He won't answer me." (In this context. The general meaning is that a person is simultaneously holding onto two conflicting ideas.)

This passage is, again, dealing in faith but not blind certainty. For God to answer your prayers you must believe that God can answer. This does not mean that you can't be saved unless you have absolute, unwavering certainty. You can admit the limitations of your own ability to truly understand reality while still having faith in God. If considering your own limitations meant being unable to believe, then we wouldn't call it faith. We would call it brain damage.

God is

I don't believe in anything.

Everyone believes in something. It is our curse.

My belief lies in Euclidean geometry, nothing more, nothing less.
Anything outside of Euclid is falsehood.

kek

How's that 5th Axiom treating you?

Are traps gay, according to Euclid?

Yup, lust is definitely a tough one. But hey, look on the bright side; at least you're not a follower of Islam. You can feel good about that.

>it comes from a clear apostolic source.
whats the source? I know it comes from a coptic liturgy, but how is that "clearly apostolic"?
>Do you know when the bible was officially declared with a new Testament?
when?

lmao
extinction*

You're first mistake was extrapolating shit so wild that it's obvious you're projecting

I never hinted at neither of your supposed observations, kek.

do you believe that you don't believe in anything?